PDA

View Full Version : NXE hangs?

Symmetric-XBA
02-23-2009, 07:50 AM
Some friends of mine and I have had issues for a while now w/ the NXE. I will press the guide button and wait seemingly 30 sec. or so just for the guide to load up, and then afterwards, switching between tabs takes a loooonnnggggg time. I've researched this and found out that a LOT of other people are having this issue with the NXE. One of the biggest annoyances would be when I would be playing halo 3 and in the game lobby where the teams were matched up (red team and blue team) and it comes up with the option to veto the map, I would get a msg. and press the guide button to check it. While this happenes apparently it will lag me out of the lobby and when i get back into the game while its counting down, i'm the only one still playing and everyone else on both teams are gone.

Has anyone else here had issues with the NXE and the load times, or hanging issues w/ the guide? As of right now only speculation is out there as to how to fix it, some say clearing the cache helps or if you have a gt on a memory card to move it to the hdd, but none of those seem to be working. I hope ms patches this soon.

Unreal
02-23-2009, 10:22 AM
I have had none of the issues that you mentioned. As far as playing Halo 3 and everyone else is gone. I had a friend have that happen to him the other day in Gears Of War 2. He was the host (didn't know it at the time. we were playing public matches) and he lost his connection.

He told us he was playing and the rest of us were gone. We all got kicked back to the lobby and it showed him as being offline. He eventually timed out and lost his internet connection and logged back into live. I don't know if that helps you but he said it was his wireless router that messed up.

BTW, now that I am typing this. The only thing that does seem slow is when you go to your friends list and it takes a few seconds (5 possibly, never really timed it) for their avatars to pop up. I don't know if its because I use a premium theme or not though.

Symmetric-XBA
02-23-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm on a direct hardwired connection so the wireless isn't really an issue, and as far as being signed offline, thats never happened to me. I'm still in the lobby and people can still see me as online. I'm talkin serious lag issues here such as when you go to open a msg. you just recieve and literally the blue square sits there blank on the screen for 30 sec. or so. Apparently this is happening to a lot of people and we can't figure out why lol.

Unreal
02-23-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm on a direct hardwired connection so the wireless isn't really an issue, and as far as being signed offline, that's never happened to me. I'm still in the lobby and people can still see me as online. I'm talking serious lag issues here such as when you go to open a msg. you just receive and literally the blue square sits there blank on the screen for 30 sec. or so. Apparently this is happening to a lot of people and we can't figure out why lol.
wow that is weird. Well hopefully its because its the NXE that is causing it. I am not sure when the next update is. I am pretty sure its in the spring. When they go to update NXE with primetime etc they will fix the issues you and many others are having.

Symmetric-XBA
02-23-2009, 10:48 AM
wow that is weird. Well hopefully its because its the NXE that is causing it. I am not sure when the next update is. I am pretty sure its in the spring. When they go to update NXE with primetime etc they will fix the issues you and many others are having.

one of the rumors floating around is that Netflix is causing issues w/ the functionality and compatibility of NXE. granted I don't know how valid this is, but it is something to think about.

Unreal
02-23-2009, 10:58 AM
one of the rumors floating around is that Netflix is causing issues w/ the functionality and compatibility of NXE. granted I don't know how valid this is, but it is something to think about.
That would make sense. I am in Canada and we are not offered Netflix here. Which would explain why myself and a close friend of mine don't have these issues.

Shawn-XBA
02-23-2009, 02:02 PM
I have those hanging issues when opening up the guide, like you said it sits there blank for about 30 secs then it finally pops up.

I've never had any of the other problems though.

cin84_12
02-23-2009, 02:10 PM
I've had problems with a freezing guide button when playing a multiplayer game, but the problems you've mentioned liked being the only one playing have been happening on Live for years especially with Halo 3 and the first Gears. The old guide button would freeze at the worst times too and it was worse because if you happened to hit the guide button when a notification came up about a friend coming online, their gamertag would come up and freeze it too.

Variation-XBA
03-06-2009, 10:31 AM
I get the slight hangups on the menus as well, though I've just learned to live through it.

I don't think it's a Netflix issue like you said, as I'm in Canada and it's not even available here.

Hope this is fixed in the next update

Batman_wanna_be
03-06-2009, 10:43 AM
That would make sense. I am in Canada and we are not offered Netflix here. Which would explain why myself and a close friend of mine don't have these issues.

LMAO! I am pretty sure he is talking about The Next Xbox Experience "NXE" not Netflixs.

Symmetric - I haven't ever heard of that before, have you tried calling the supprot line?

Variation-XBA
03-06-2009, 11:12 AM
LMAO! I am pretty sure he is talking about The Next Xbox Experience "NXE" not Netflixs.

I was talking about his comment:

Unreal
03-06-2009, 03:21 PM

Symmetric - I haven't ever heard of that before, have you tried calling the supprot line?
You must not have read the thread. I see you have been shown already but I will quote what I was talking about as well just in case.

kayanat
03-17-2009, 12:13 AM
Did Microsoft ban people who got NXE early without permission? I've gotten both end's of the spectrum and I don't have time to sort through the truth from the old speculation. Does anyone know for sure that if your console is upgraded without authorization will it be permanently banned if you access Xbox Live?