PDA

View Full Version : GameKing28, red Xbox 360 am finally confirmed

SpaceGhost2K
02-24-2009, 12:45 PM
http://www.slashgear.com/microsoft-red-xbox-360-resident-evil-limited-edition-confirmed-2435511/#entrycontent

For Resident Evil though, not Gears 2. No other markings that I can tell.

SuperMonkeyHero
02-25-2009, 03:46 PM
What a disappointing bundle announcement. With RE5 branding it could have been so much cooler. I'll stick to the two faceplate/skin offerings from Mad Catz.

SpaceGhost2K
02-25-2009, 04:00 PM
What a disappointing bundle announcement. With RE5 branding it could have been so much cooler. I'll stick to the two faceplate/skin offerings from Mad Catz.

My opinion is that they probably wanted this for the Gears launch (hence the red controllers last year) but couldn't get it done in time... OR the stores were resistant to having a fourth sku at Christmas time. By not branding the console and just making it red, it can live far beyond the lifespan of the game itself.

Plus, it's easier to customize :)

For all y'all if you didn't read it, you get a red Elite AND RE5 for $399.

wasabisabi
02-26-2009, 12:03 AM
I already pre-ordered two =)

gameking28
03-04-2009, 02:41 AM
Man, I take a month or so off (not really, life just got insanely busy) and the whole world goes nuts! :rofl:

I waited, and waited, and waited some more. Then for good measure did more waiting.

Finally I broke down and bought a 120GB HDD around x-mas.

I suppose it's ok, I probably wouldn't have bought this bundle anyway. I'm with SMH - it seems almost kind of lazy to put out a plain red console and to package the regular version of RE5 with it. Oh well. :confused:

gameking28
03-04-2009, 02:45 AM
I already pre-ordered two =)

If you're planning on using them both then go for it! However from my experience with the Halo edition consoles, if your plan is to flip them for profit on eBay you may want to reconsider. Those things sold for crap (granted they had a 20GB HDD) and they had Halo branding and goodies included. I ended up just keeping the one I bought because I couldn't sell the thing for even the price I bought it at.

wasabisabi
03-05-2009, 03:56 AM
If you're planning on using them both then go for it! However from my experience with the Halo edition consoles, if your plan is to flip them for profit on eBay you may want to reconsider. Those things sold for crap (granted they had a 20GB HDD) and they had Halo branding and goodies included. I ended up just keeping the one I bought because I couldn't sell the thing for even the price I bought it at.

No I am not planning to sell them, I just bought them for collection purposes. One for use and the other for collection. Thanks for your advice though =)