PDA

View Full Version : 50 Cent: BotS

Hurr0
02-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Hey guys how's it going? Good for me so far,just wanted to let you guys know that the 50 Cent 360 game totally redeems itself in his new game. The story sounds kinda cheap but as you go along it starts to make more sense. Anyhow, it's at least worth renting to see if you like it. I would describe the gameplay as a Gears of War 2 mixed in with Army of Two. Hope to see some of you online :cheers:

Ainokeatoo
02-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Hey guys how's it going? Good for me so far,just wanted to let you guys know that the 50 Cent 360 game totally redeems itself in his new game. The story sounds kinda cheap but as you go along it starts to make more sense. Anyhow, it's at least worth renting to see if you like it. I would describe the gameplay as a Gears of War 2 mixed in with Army of Two. Hope to see some of you online :cheers:

I don't know, the game just doesn't seem like it would really be any good

Hurr0
02-25-2009, 06:57 PM
If you like Gears of War or Army of Two, i'm sure you will like this, his first game for ps2 bulletproof was a waste of time and money, this one is very graphic and it's all good :cool:

Ainokeatoo
02-25-2009, 07:02 PM
If you like Gears of War or Army of Two, i'm sure you will like this, his first game for ps2 bulletproof was a waste of time and money, this one is very graphic and it's all good :cool:

I liked gears to the point of the combat system, army of two was ok. I only have hesitations because of his last game, I'll check other reviews though before I try it.

Hurr0
02-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Yeah his last game didn't do too good, and the pre-sells and sells aren't doing that good right now because STFIV came out a day before 50's release. Let me know if you are going to play :jammin:

Ainokeatoo
02-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Yeah his last game didn't do too good, and the pre-sells and sells aren't doing that good right now because STFIV came out a day before 50's release. Let me know if you are going to play :jammin:

If it's good, I'll play it, whether my wallet and bank account agree with me, is another thing.

CrazyCougar
02-25-2009, 11:36 PM
Oh no. we didnt just see Gears of War and 50 cent compared as similiar??? Dear Lord what is this world coming too. Guess I'll have to keep my open for the Kid Rock game or maybe an MC Hammer one.

Sorry man, I just cant take this 50 cent game seriously at all.

Ainokeatoo
02-26-2009, 12:00 AM
Oh no. we didnt just see Gears of War and 50 cent compared as similiar??? Dear Lord what is this world coming too. Guess I'll have to keep my open for the Kid Rock game or maybe an MC Hammer one.

Sorry man, I just cant take this 50 cent game seriously at all.

Lol, and that's the other reason it's hard for me to pick this game up.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/9381.html

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO please 50 don't kill my favorite game by making a horrible movie, I beg of you.

Hurr0
02-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Please believe, he is asking to get a cert for making Saints Row as a movie. I don't know any of the details but i'm sure he'll get the rights to it.
Yeah, your favorite game Gears of War 2 has been compared to 50 Cents new game, but that's just my opinion, I mean, who really pays attention to me anyways? :cool:

Unreal
02-27-2009, 12:14 PM
I will give it a rent. If you don't see it on my profile, then you can take that as I didn't like it. :p

Variation-XBA
03-06-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm kinda worried that the game itself got a decent rating, though I really don't want to support it for many reasons (not that I even have the time), Seems like a title I'll have to pick up and try once it's down to the $20 mark.

Hurr0
03-07-2009, 11:21 PM
By all means if that's what it takes for you to give the game a try, wait it out and pick up the next used copy if you can. If you aren't a fan of 50 Cent or any of his songs, then you probably want to stay as far away from this game as possible.

Variation-XBA
03-08-2009, 03:35 AM
If you aren't a fan of 50 Cent or any of his songs, then you probably want to stay as far away from this game as possible.

That is also part of it, yes

Ainokeatoo
03-08-2009, 04:04 AM
That is also part of it, yes

Lmao Var, hatin on our artists?

Variation-XBA
03-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Lmao Var, hatin on our artists?

"artists"

Yes.

En7gMa
03-08-2009, 08:49 PM
its alrite but really short

Hurr0
03-08-2009, 10:07 PM
It's all good man you have to be into his music before you can play his game. I can't really say that this game is for everyone though. I mean.. I listen to his lyrics sometimes when I play the game and it gets you into a different zone. Especially me after a few amps it's almost a real scenario.:confused:

OBL infad3ll
03-08-2009, 11:09 PM
my bro called me the other day and wanted me to come over and help with him with the coop achievements in this game, and i myself am not a very large fan of rap/hip hop was pretty skeptical but i decided to give it a try due to my unconditional love for achievements. after about an hour of playing the game i was suprised on the fact that 50 cent has actually created something good! ( his first video game attempt was a fail, his vitamin water flavor is nasty and I personally think his music is not very good) but yes, this game is a solid 3rd person shooter that is fun to play! but..the boss battles suck.

maybe game like this and AFRO samurai could change the way people think about rap/hip hop games

Hurr0
03-09-2009, 05:31 PM
I'm glad you like the game man, let me know if you want to play!

BlindSniper
03-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I was a bit skeptical of 50-cent throwing out a game worth buying, but after reading some reviews and not having anything else to beat I decided to try it out.

Let's just say I bought it yesturday, and beat it first time yesturday. I only played on regular difficulty (there's 3 difficulties) and beat it in 5 hours. The game is actually a lot of fun! I myself don't mind rap and 50 too much, so the music played a nice role in amping me up for some of the absolute craziness that will ensue.

The combat flows together very smoothly, and the addition of the scenarios keeps you on your toes to complete tasks within a time limit for bonus points.

The gameplay is awsome, but the story is cheap and laughable (though you may find yourself following it more closely than imagined). Rent it for the raw-edge fun you'll have cutting down rediculous amounts of drug-dealers and terrorists, which suprisingly, never really got stale and repetitive. Except for the boss battles, yeah.

rezzurekted
03-12-2009, 12:11 PM
All i will say is this tittle is slightly better than the previous tittle, same sh*t different day!(or location lol) in my opinion it does hold a candle to AO2 and should never be spoke of in the same sentence or compared with GOW 2.......Remember this is only my opinion and i only have the game to rape it of its Achievements!

Thank you for reading and its good to be back

:sleeping:

XxBlackIcexX
03-12-2009, 02:42 PM
As much as people hate to admit it, but the cover system is identical to that of GOW 2. But thats about it. I personally loved it. Then again I a huge fan of 50 cent. Im tired of people on forums bashing it because he made it, before they even play it. I mean if you've played it and don't like it thats differnt. The graphics are legit. Gameplay is awesome, except for boss battles >.< AND I do hate the cover system, hated it GOW2 and I still do.

rezzurekted
03-13-2009, 10:22 PM
As much as people hate to admit it, but the cover system is identical to that of GOW 2. Im tired of people on forums bashing it because he made it, The graphics are legit. Gameplay is awesome, except for boss battles >.< AND I do hate the cover system, hated it GOW2 and I still do.

Sorry but i think you are wrong there its slightly the same but alot different its not as fluid and just doesnt work what so ever! and as for 50 cent making the game i beg to differ, He had hardly anything to do with it he isnt vin desiel lol, as for you saying the graphics are legit hmmm, again your wrong in game he looks nothing like him just another black man but in cutscenes he does look like him o.O. anyway just my opinion again

:sleeping:

Reclaimer
03-16-2009, 07:32 AM
If you could turn off half you brain, it's a fun game.
Meaning it's a nice departure from other games, serious plodding story lines and maximum realism.
50C:BOTS is a fast run and gun game.
That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not saying this is a bad game. I mean I'm actually playing it and appreciating this game as an escape from other games and their quest to be so damn serious and realistic. (attempting to be realistic)

Just turn on the game and tune your brain out. Run, kill, taunt opponents and pretend that you are a rapper that has decided to take on the entire middle east.

Thats just my take as an adult.