PDA

View Full Version : XBA Staff Review: Resident Evil 5

CrazyCougar
03-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Check out our review of Resident Evil 5 which is now posted on the main page of the site. You can click the following link to go directly to the review.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/Staff-Review/13130/Resident-Evil-5.html

Variation-XBA
03-30-2009, 10:11 AM
Can't wait for the DLC to come for it!

Enamelized420
03-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Very nice review....Was a pleasure to read through

Variation-XBA
03-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Very nice review....Was a pleasure to read through

Thanks buddy :hail:

Hurr0
03-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Awe that deserves at least a 90 bro :) What about the other 1%? :hump:

CrazyCougar
03-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Ah, but a review is one persons opiinion, and Var's opinion is the game deserved an 89. As with any other reviewer or score you see across the internet, its a single opinion. And one that others will or will not agree with.

Great review Variation.

Variation-XBA
03-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Awe that deserves at least a 90 bro :) What about the other 1%? :hump:

-Lack of not being able to exchange guns when online co-op
-Wall clipping
-Hurdles just to join an online game
-No longer feels like a Resident Evil

among others, but like CC said, it's just my opinion. Feel free to do your review and submit it as well :)

Symmetric-XBA
03-31-2009, 12:05 AM
nice read. thought though you were way to generous with "gears of evil". I agree with you on the fact that its no longer resident evil. shame, what a let down.

Hurr0
03-31-2009, 01:13 AM
Next time I play that game i'll be sure to write a review :cool:

Variation-XBA
03-31-2009, 12:45 PM
nice read. thought though you were way to generous with "gears of evil". I agree with you on the fact that its no longer resident evil. shame, what a let down.

Fair enough. I was evaluating it on what it is, not what it should/want it to be (I want to play a resident evil that scares me). That said, the gameplay, story, kinematics, controls (debatable imo) were very top notch and I never once had to force myself down to sit through it.

Symmetric-XBA
03-31-2009, 01:30 PM
Fair enough. I was evaluating it on what it is, not what it should/want it to be (I want to play a resident evil that scares me). That said, the gameplay, story, kinematics, controls (debatable imo) were very top notch and I never once had to force myself down to sit through it.

Thats a valid point. I guess I'm just down that capcom didn't make this a dark scary game like the series is known for. I didn't like the quicktime events, granted its intended to allow the gamers to be involved more as far as the story goes, but i just feel that it "dumbed down" the feel of the "gears of evil"

Ainokeatoo
03-31-2009, 02:41 PM
The hell are you guys talking about? was I the only one scared to sit through this game? I downed the demo, and I have to say, I hate how the guy stops to shoot. I hate that there are zombie parasite people jumping down from every which way, when the fastest I can move is a jog. I used to playing games where I could run faster than a jog, and where I didn't have to stop to get shots off.

Shawn-XBA
03-31-2009, 03:39 PM
We have a contest going for reviewing games, feel free to be the first to submit a review.

Check it out. (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86416)

Hurr0
03-31-2009, 04:29 PM
I never really was a fan of RE's. I was brought up on computer games that date to when Blizzard had regular Diablo. I never even touched a 360 until I was turned on to it by family. Now I can't stop playing!
I'm 24 years old and my gaming stretches from when I was 13 starting with one of the old school games "Tanarus".
I'm a tank kinda guy:hardcore:

Variation-XBA
03-31-2009, 06:27 PM
The hell are you guys talking about? was I the only one scared to sit through this game? I downed the demo, and I have to say, I hate how the guy stops to shoot. I hate that there are zombie parasite people jumping down from every which way, when the fastest I can move is a jog. I used to playing games where I could run faster than a jog, and where I didn't have to stop to get shots off.

It still never really scared me....once. Nothing anything like in RE1 when that first dog smashes through the window.

Thats a valid point. I guess I'm just down that capcom didn't make this a dark scary game like the series is known for. I didn't like the quicktime events, granted its intended to allow the gamers to be involved more as far as the story goes, but i just feel that it "dumbed down" the feel of the "gears of evil"

I know buddy, I'm with you. I miss playing a Resident Evil where I was worried I might poop myself from being scared. Not once in this title really. But like I said, I was reviewing it for what it is, not what the series was.

We have a contest going for reviewing games, feel free to be the first to submit a review.

Check it out. (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86416)

Do my reviews count? ;)