PDA

View Full Version : Batman Arkham Asylum=FTW!!!!

mattgame
04-02-2009, 06:44 PM
I'M TOO EXCITED ABOUT THIS ONE!!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47538.html

Variation-XBA
04-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Yea it's definetly looking pretty good from the gameplay they've shown.

mattgame
04-02-2009, 08:23 PM
I mean it looks like they finally did it right. Bats looks great! The stealth looks hawt!! This might be on my must have list.

Bakeman
04-03-2009, 02:38 AM
Looks very cool

Finally a good batman game.... hopefully it holds true

I look forward to playing this one.

Unreal
04-03-2009, 09:25 AM
The game shows a lot of promise. I am holding out hope it stays that way.

Enamelized420
04-03-2009, 10:36 AM
does look very cool and seems to have alot of diff options/abilities for Batman to use.... might have to add this to the collection...

LINKINPARK8591
04-03-2009, 12:02 PM
this looks good it might go on my want list

mattgame
04-03-2009, 05:27 PM
All I need is a bunch of moves and it's on!!

OBL infad3ll
04-05-2009, 08:39 PM
looks like its going to have a lot of replayability. looks pretty dam sick

mattgame
04-12-2009, 12:13 PM
looks like its going to have a lot of replayability. looks pretty dam sick

I'll have it no matter what. I am sure it's gonna be good.

Nato King
04-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the trailer. Like everyone said before this game is going to be cool.:cheers:

Symmetric-XBA
04-13-2009, 02:36 AM
yeah i agree, i've got VERY high hopes for this "metal gear style" batman game. Don't know if you've seen the collector's edt. yet, if you haven't, def. check that out. lol already paid mine off, bring it on bats!

mattgame
04-13-2009, 01:42 PM
yeah i agree, i've got VERY high hopes for this "metal gear style" batman game. Don't know if you've seen the collector's edt. yet, if you haven't, def. check that out. lol already paid mine off, bring it on bats!

What's in it?

Unreal
04-13-2009, 02:54 PM
What's in it?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/04/arkham-collectors-hi.jpg

LINKINPARK8591
04-13-2009, 05:21 PM
dude i saw this the other day, all i can say is i want. That's awesome

Unreal
04-13-2009, 07:10 PM
dude i saw this the other day, all i can say is i want. That's awesome
It is a pretty cool collector's edition.

Variation-XBA
04-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Not really excited for the game, but I'll pick up the collectors, cause that thing is awesome

Symmetric-XBA
04-14-2009, 03:31 AM
99.99 for the collectors edt. but its def. one to own. this game could def. be the game of the year. I can't wait to see the bonus luke sky... wait, sorry, Mark Hamil interview lol. To date I think his Joker voice tops all.

do you think anyone is going to actually try to use that batarang?

Dr_J
04-14-2009, 10:54 PM
This game looks insane.

Variation-XBA
04-14-2009, 11:11 PM
do you think anyone is going to actually try to use that batarang?

There will always be someone...always

KnightsOfValar
04-15-2009, 05:43 PM
lol maybe the shamwow guy will use it

"use it, you'll be saying wow everytime" lol

mattgame
04-15-2009, 10:10 PM
What da hell is da shamwow guy?!

Variation-XBA
04-15-2009, 10:42 PM
What da hell is da shamwow guy?!

http://tonybruno.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/shamwow.jpg

gameking28
04-16-2009, 05:23 AM
http://dontclickthis.whatingods.name/the-first-rule-of-shamwow.jpg
Uncanny isn't it?

Especially when combined with this recent picture of Mr. ShamWow - taken after he and the hooker he hired beat the crap out of each other:
http://entertainment.wagerweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/sham-wow-mugshot.jpg

Oh and just to keep this relevant to the thread, I played a demo of AA in GameStop yesterday and man does it look good. The controls are tight (at least the limited ones available in the demo) and beating up henchmen never really gets old does it?

mattgame
04-16-2009, 05:38 PM
http://dontclickthis.whatingods.name/the-first-rule-of-shamwow.jpg
Uncanny isn't it?

Especially when combined with this recent picture of Mr. ShamWow - taken after he and the hooker he hired beat the crap out of each other:
http://entertainment.wagerweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/sham-wow-mugshot.jpg

Oh and just to keep this relevant to the thread, I played a demo of AA in GameStop yesterday and man does it look good. The controls are tight (at least the limited ones available in the demo) and beating up henchmen never really gets old does it?

You made my ding aling stiff! Did you say a demo?!?!

gameking28
04-16-2009, 06:13 PM
I sure did! It was right there on the demo console at my local GameStop!

Man, I sound like a corporate pawn... but seriously they have a demo so I don't care.

mattgame
04-16-2009, 07:18 PM
I sure did! It was right there on the demo console at my local GameStop!

Man, I sound like a corporate pawn... but seriously they have a demo so I don't care.

more details please......

gameking28
04-16-2009, 08:25 PM
There were 2 missions you could play (I only had time to play 1 unfortunately).
The one I played was likely something you'll do very early on in the game because it's kind of a "How do I use all of these buttons" missions.

Basically you're put in a room full of 2 or 3 thugs and the Joker is talking to you over the Arkham loudspeaker. Then they begin to advance on you and you have to beat the crap out of them.

There was a button for attack, one for counter-attack, and another for a cowl-strike (hit em' with your cape).

When a particular thug is about to attack you, a blue ring appears around his head and you either have to attack him first or hit the counter-attack button.

The counter-attacks are very cool, but don't do much damage - it's more or less there so you can keep beating one guy's face in until the last second, then grab the table leg being swung at your head and beat the guy that swung it at you with his own weapon (but then Batman drops it - no using it against other baddies apparently). Other unarmed baddies can pick up their fallen comrade's weapon though.

The cowl-strike was also cool, but less useful. It's pretty much just to push enemies away rather than do any damage.

You go through 4 rounds of this, each with more enemies but no increase in difficulty (no new or stronger enemies, just more generic henchmen).

In higher numbers they don't really gang-up on you - they just crowd around you while you beat on one of them and when one gets the blue ring, you hit counter-attack and continue the beatdown on the next guy.

When you take out a henchman for good, you get a cool little slow-mo zoom in on Batman putting him down.

The Joker comes on the speaker between rounds with some humorous comments. After the 4th round he alludes to a boss battle... but the demo ends.

All-in-all, it looks great, controls well, and was moderately fun. The AI was a pushover once I learned the controls and pretty generic in their almost-turn-based attack system. I really hope that was specific to the demo and not what the rest of the game will be like. :D

mattgame
04-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Sounds great to me. Easily accessible, fun and exciting. And then theirs the boss battles.... I just watched Bane and Harley Quinn on gametrailers. I'll post them here....delicious!

mattgame
04-30-2009, 08:32 PM
Damn, this game is shaping up to be a great one!! I'll posta trailer regarding fighting in a minute.

Variation-XBA
04-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Sounds great to me. Easily accessible, fun and exciting. And then theirs the boss battles.... I just watched Bane and Harley Quinn on gametrailers. I'll post them here....delicious!

That's why I'm excited, BANE IS THE MAN :hail: I hope they make him one of the later bosses and quite challenging.

mattgame
05-01-2009, 05:45 PM
It's been pushed back. That's a big uh oh for me..........................

Variation-XBA
05-01-2009, 08:09 PM
It's been pushed back. That's a big uh oh for me..........................

I was thinking of you when I saw that news, but I went and preordered the collector's edition today anyways

Unreal
05-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Hopefully the delay gives them time to really polish the game before release.

WynnFire
05-17-2009, 03:39 PM
I've seen some people play it at my building on the PS3 kiosk, it looks fun. I can't play them though since I'm security.

Variation-XBA
05-18-2009, 12:49 AM
I can't play them though since I'm security.

SECURE some playtime then :cool:

Symmetric-XBA
05-18-2009, 03:01 AM
BANE IS THE MAN :hail: I hope they make him one of the later bosses and quite challenging.

I agree in the batman world Bane was tied w/ the joker for the #1 spot. Being that Bane is the one who "broke" batman permanently in the Knightfall series, it really upset me when that horrible batman movie w/ alica silverstone (i forget the title b/c it was so bad lol) casted bane as a non-speaking gigantic brute who did literally nothing. In reality bane is just as deadly w/ his mind as he is physically. I loved it when batman gets through relocking up all the inmates, then comes back to his batcave exhausted and who does he find sitting in his chair but bane himself waiting to unleash on the dark knight. I can not wait for this game. lol I also can't wait for the 8 year old who takes the batarang off and hits someone w/ it trying to be like batman lol.

mattgame
05-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Any news on a new release date?

Variation-XBA
05-19-2009, 03:03 AM
Any news on a new release date?

EB's new date says Sept 1. Who knows, they will probably give something official at E3 next month.

mattgame
05-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Too many bugs hunh? Damn, I need this game to be right.

SmartarseV2
06-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Does anyone know if the 360 version will have it's own feature that the PS3 won't have? The PS3 has eight separate missions playing as the Joker which look like they'll add quite a bit to the game.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/batmanarkhamasylum/news.html?sid=6212245&tag=topslot;thumb;2

Just curious.

And that Sham-wow guy, has now moved on to the Slap-Chop! Goooooooooo Slap-CHOP!

Variation-XBA
06-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Does anyone know if the 360 version will have it's own feature that the PS3 won't have? The PS3 has eight separate missions playing as the Joker which look like they'll add quite a bit to the game.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/batmanarkhamasylum/news.html?sid=6212245&tag=topslot;thumb;2

Just curious.

Joker missions are PS3 exclusive, who knows if it's timed or not though.

I honestly don't mind, as you play him on challenge maps only.

elliottcjackson
06-29-2009, 04:30 PM
I hate how the makers of the game have the whole thing already made, but decided that they would just do some last minute "tuning" and now it's been pushed back all the way until september. I should already own it. :bang:

Variation-XBA
06-29-2009, 05:36 PM
I hate how the makers of the game have the whole thing already made, but decided that they would just do some last minute "tuning" and now it's been pushed back all the way until september. I should already own it. :bang:

Why would you want something now when waiting a little longer will give you a better product in the end?

mattgame
06-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Why would you want something now when waiting a little longer will give you a better product in the end?

The wait is hard man!!! It better be worth the wait!

WillyV2
06-29-2009, 10:17 PM
This is the one game I think I am the most excited for besides Modern Warfare 2. I will be online for days straight when this game releases.