PDA

View Full Version : Future Contests

SpaceGhost2K
04-14-2009, 01:12 AM
Hello all, and welcome to SpaceGhost's nightmare.

SG2K is stressed a bit these days, because of all of the stuff that is about to hapen but hasn't happened yet, and the things that should have already happened, but haven't yet. Plus I had three auctions close with no bidders so I'm a sad panda. Now that I've said "panda", I'm also a sad panda who is hungry for Chinese food.

In the meantime... this is about future contests, but because I don't want to create thirty threads, I'm just gonna talk. I'll get to the future contests part here in a bit.

I have sitting in front of me, three "Rockband" faceplate/skin sets from Amazon. Unfortunately, they're not for me. Tom from Germany couldn't get Amazon to ship to Germany, so he's giving me some plates. In exchange, I bought these for him and have to ship them out... with the money I DIDN'T get from my three auctions. But that's neither here nor there.

The June OXM still isn't out, and some things are on hold until it is. It appears that Gamestop stores ONLY carry Game Informer magazines now. Game Crazy stores around here haven't gotten an OXM since February so it seems that they no longer carry them either. Great. Wanna game mag, you have to go to freakin' ALBERTSONS or something. Another reason why game stores can bite me for all I care.

I'm backing up on faceplates for the database, again. Funny. I was cleaning out my email inbox and found an old email from Kam from way back about July of last year. He said "I think we can launch the database with 556 plates (You're crazy)." We were like, OMG, we're launching with over FIVE HUNDRED PLATES! Now, we're at 1,251 with probably another hundred in the folder on my desktop. 556 is a lot. We've got double that now, plus some, with more coming. Unbelievable.

Things are going to get even crazier before April is over. Lotsa secrets, sorry, lips are sealed. I'll leave it at this... there was XBA. Then there was XBA with the faceplate forums. Then there was XBA with the database. The database has another couple of big features just around the corner, but what's coming is easily as big as all of those things combined. :D /cheshire cat grin

OK, onto the Future Faceplate Contests and Giveaways. Let's recap a few things we've given away in the past year:

WALL-E signed Xbox 360, games and goodies.
E305 Rings of Light plates, packaged and numbered not like those funky ones on eBay.
Hella rare Canadian Launch Plates worth hundreds of dollars and never even before SEEN until we gave some away.
Civilization Revolution plates and posters, TEN of 'em! Worth hundreds of dollars.
Supreme Commander plate, super rare.
Rise of the Argonauts plate, super rare.
NFL Insert plates from Mad Catz.
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja plates.
Call of Duty 4 plates.
Tom Clancy's HAWX plates.
Adidas FIFA World Cup 2006 plates.

Not to mention a few random plates here and there like Eternal Sonata and Ace Combat plates.

Well, we have some other plates already in our hot little hands for the next giveaway. We have some Gears of War plates. Yeah, it's original GoW plates, not GoW2, unforunately. But on the other hand, it's not the ones on clearance from the MadCatz site either, that are going for five bucks a piece. You know, the ones that I just paid $19 and $24 because I was lucky and won TWO of them right about the time they went on clearance.

No, these plates aren't those either. What plates are they, you ask? Well, they are none other than the first ones, the Gears of War Emergence Day E306 plates. These are the ones that were given out to press, media and VIP's at the behind-closed-doors multiplayer preview. I have one. Kam has one. Robin Williams has one. So THERE.

Anyway, if you don't have one yet, that's okay. You'll have a shot at one of these puppies, but we're going to try to do better than just give away these plates. We're going to take them to E3 and try to get them signed by Cliff Blesznski from Epic, and anyone else from Epic that we can scare up.

Besides E3, we also have Comic-Con and PAX this summer, and they are sure turn up something cool.

All this to say the contests are over for a bit while we focus on some other stuff. Fear not. They'll be back, and in greater numbers. /obi-wan.

SkillfulMmd
04-14-2009, 03:45 AM
Sounds like your pretty busy well thanks in advance for being generous enough to give plates away and i hope i manage to get my hands on some plates.

Ohsay
04-14-2009, 04:44 PM
there was XBA. Then there was XBA with the faceplate forums. Then there was XBA with the database. The database has another couple of big features just around the corner, but what's coming is easily as big as all of those things combined. :D /cheshire cat grin

No, these plates aren't those either. What plates are they, you ask? Well, they are none other than the first ones, the Gears of War Emergence Day E306 plates. These are the ones that were given out to press, media and VIP's at the behind-closed-doors multiplayer preview. I have one. Kam has one. Robin Williams has one. So THERE.

Oh god, i just wet myself.

cin84_12
04-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Here's to another year of awesome faceplate giveaways and customs. :cheers:
I'd kill for an Emergence Day plate.

gameking28
04-15-2009, 11:00 PM
Here's to another year of awesome faceplate giveaways and customs. :cheers:
I'd kill for an Emergence Day plate.

Spacey has one - and I know where he lives. :D

SpaceGhost2K
04-16-2009, 12:57 AM
Spacey has one - and I know where he lives. :D

Yeah, you're lucky you made it out alive.

I told you I had faceplate **** everywhere, didn't I? DIDN'T I?!?

I've seen your house too, and your family would lose their minds if you had stuff everywhere like that.

"Son, I've asked you not to stack those on the baby grand."

gameking28
04-16-2009, 04:53 AM
Yeah, you're lucky you made it out alive.

I told you I had faceplate **** everywhere, didn't I? DIDN'T I?!?
It was like being in Graceland. Had I not had 4 other people in the car itching to get home I may have never left. I would have at least spent some time in your workshop learning some tricks of the trade. :hail:

I've seen your house too, and your family would lose their minds if you had stuff everywhere like that.

"Son, I've asked you not to stack those on the baby grand."

lol They already freak out about how much gaming swag I have in the attic. My girlfriend stresses over the faceplates in my room - I have about 30 on my desk right now that need to be photographed and put in the appropriate place... the attic.

Some day I'll have a cool display room like you or 159. Some day...