PDA

View Full Version : So I Pre-ordered UFC Undisputed 09

Ainokeatoo
04-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Who else will I see come game day?

Variation-XBA
04-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Me, cause EB is having a deal where if you return it within a week you get your full money back, so no worries if you don't like it

Kamshaft
04-18-2009, 02:36 PM
I just played the game, it's cool. Was basically the demo.
:)

Kamshaft
04-18-2009, 03:04 PM
I forgot to mention...I'm in Montreal right now and at this event...called...

UFC 97 :whistle:

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.FightCard&eid=1921

Ainokeatoo
04-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Me, cause EB is having a deal where if you return it within a week you get your full money back, so no worries if you don't like it

Nice nice, I pre-ordered mine through GameStop. I got 40% increase on trade-in's if I pre-order a game, I traded in Resident Evil, Fable II, Naruto RoaN, Mass Effect, Forza, Two Worlds, and PGR 3, I payed off the pre-order and got some credit for future purchases lol. I even got a free doughnut, I like Gamestop even if it is all the way down the street and takes an hour to fourty five minutes to get there on foot.

I just played the game, it's cool. Was basically the demo.
:)

Yep yep I heard the same, from the people who got the codes from preordering before I did.

Lol yes we know Kammie, we've heard.

Nato King
04-18-2009, 03:56 PM
I forgot to mention...I'm in Montreal right now and at this event...called...

UFC 97 :whistle:

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.FightCard&eid=1921

hahaha I can see where that can slip your mind.

Ainokeatoo
04-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Oh jesus, to those who haven't downloaded the demo I highly reccommend it, it's like fight night but so much better. It's insane on expert, it's not like those regular fighting games turn it all the way up and mash your way through, no, hell no, you really have to know the controls and think about what you're about to do.

Though I can say with all honesty, Chuck is one of the most annoying guys on earth, he made me think I was winning while I drilled away with punches and kicks at his head. An single elbow and superman punch later I was out. I've never had so much fun losing before.

Variation-XBA
04-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Oh jesus, to those who haven't downloaded the demo I highly reccommend it, it's like fight night but so much better. It's insane on expert, it's not like those regular fighting games turn it all the way up and mash your way through, no, hell no, you really have to know the controls and think about what you're about to do.

Though I can say with all honesty, Chuck is one of the most annoying guys on earth, he made me think I was winning while I drilled away with punches and kicks at his head. An single elbow and superman punch later I was out. I've never had so much fun losing before.

Sweet, didn't even see the demo out, downloading it now!

And that's how a fight can go, you can be winning and they get a single shot in and take it

Fargoth
04-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Eh.... Never was a big fan of boxing and such games.

Variation-XBA
04-24-2009, 12:42 AM
Just played the demo quite a few times as both characters.

I definetly like the fighter style more than the grapple, but that's me. Some great knockouts for sure, and while the controls make sence, it's weird having to think about what buttons to hold and use when depending on what stance/grapple/guard you are in

Ainokeatoo
04-24-2009, 06:49 AM
And that's how a fight can go, you can be winning and they get a single shot in and take it

I know, but it just gets to me and makes me want to play again lol, I mean, I could be opening up on chuck all round, try to grapple him he throws one superman punch and i'm out as in, out cold.

Unreal
04-24-2009, 04:33 PM
I have not played an UFC game since the dreamcast. I am going to download the demo off of Live and see how it is. It sounds like its good from the hands on of it though.

Not Yellow
04-24-2009, 04:43 PM
I'll be picking this up at relase for sure. Me and some friends had a great time just sitting and trading sticks each match. I love the controls. I love the character models, I love the UFC period.

RockTheCasba
05-06-2009, 02:35 PM
ill be playing come release day have it pre-ordered also

Ry
05-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Game look's ****in' sick.

Too bad I'm a broke ass teenager.

ChroniC<420
05-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Did not pre-order it, will get it when it comes out :hail: finally a good fighting game

EMX
05-08-2009, 10:43 AM
I really enjoyed the demo and as a big UFC fan I can't see how I won't get it.

I feel bad Kamshaft, what an awful event UFC 97 was. I hope Anderson Silva gets his ass kicked at UFC 101 (which I plan on going to).

Not Pink
05-08-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm so good on beginner.
But expert is way too difficult.
I probably won't be picking this one up though.
I don't think I'll get much more out of it than the demo.

And I'm sorry EMX, Silva's a beast.

Variation-XBA
05-08-2009, 04:00 PM
I feel bad Kamshaft, what an awful event UFC 97 was. I hope Anderson Silva gets his ass kicked at UFC 101 (which I plan on going to).

Yea, 97 was a total waste. Looking forward to this month's though!

Unreal
05-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Who else will I see come game day?
I am on the fence still :(

Variation-XBA
05-09-2009, 06:09 PM
I am on the fence still :(

Play the demo, play both characters, and try a few matching striking, then grappling.

RockTheCasba
05-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Anyone pick it up? i got it today and did the tutorial and one career mode fight. so far i like it but its like impossible to submit someone. i love it tho how detailed the fighting is.

Variation-XBA
05-19-2009, 08:42 PM
I'm enjoying it, but my CAF is terrible so far :/

Ainokeatoo
05-20-2009, 12:38 AM
I'm enjoying it, but my CAF is terrible so far :/

Ah man, this game is amazing, I haven't had this much fun with a fighter since doa.

Variation-XBA
05-20-2009, 02:24 AM
5-0 in ranked online so far. Aino...match tomorrow? :)

Ainokeatoo
05-20-2009, 03:00 AM
5-0 in ranked online so far. Aino...match tomorrow? :)

Sure sure if my internet isn't to bad, got disconnected in the first match I tried to play but that's fine I was more into career than anything else. What weight class?

Variation-XBA
05-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Sure sure if my internet isn't to bad, got disconnected in the first match I tried to play but that's fine I was more into career than anything else. What weight class?

My CAF isn't good enough to play online so I'm just using UFC guys. I like the lightweights :cool:

wicked_d365
05-20-2009, 05:26 PM
I picked this up last night and plan on playing this evening, glad to hear it's good.

Bakeman
05-20-2009, 06:45 PM
I went and picked it up yesterday.

Played a couple of matches in career mode with my CAF. I've knocked the guys out each time.. not sure how though lol. I'm not even totally sure which way I'm going to try and make my guy.. trying to get him balanced in striking and submissions for now.

Playing the computer it does seem very hard to submit someone.. I played a friend that came over and it was easier.

RockTheCasba
05-20-2009, 11:16 PM
yeah submitting non computer players is way easier. i suck bad in the clinch position

wicked_d365
05-21-2009, 05:47 PM
This game is awesome. My neighbor and friends and I took turns playing each other last night and OMG, we had some fun. One match would go to the card, the next ended in a matter of seconds, back and forth for a few hours. If your a UFC fan, or you have a bunch of friends who just want to beat the crap out of each other, this is the game to play.