PDA

View Full Version : Help Recovering Xbox Live account?

XxBlackIcexX
05-01-2009, 01:43 AM
Ok.. this all started when my xbox 360 red ringed.. (It does this if I play for more then 2 hours consecutively) So I asked my friend to if I could put my hard drive on his console. He leaves it here during the week. All's good had no trouble playing with it. I wanted to switch back to my console now, and I go to sign in and it says theres only 2 profiles on it.. instead of 3. It has my friends account, my new halo 3 account.. and my normal account isn't listed there. I go to recover it and it starts to recover, but halfway threw it stops and a message pops up saying "Can't save your profile on the selected storage device. Please make sure the device is inserted correctly and has enough free space, and then try again." Well running outta space would make sence, but I have the 120GB HD and it still has 70GB left... And if it was inserted incorrectly it wouldn't have showed those other profiles, would it? Then I put my HD back on his console, and it works fine. I can sign in and everything...WTF?

What do you think I should do?

Sorry for it being so long =[

Variation-XBA
05-01-2009, 02:35 AM
I don't know why it would be doing that, cause your account isn't banned or it wouldnt work on the other system.

Have you tried reconnecting the HDD to yours and trying to recover again? If not call tech support, cause that's really odd.

Fargoth
05-01-2009, 08:42 AM
You maybe want to try experimenting with each other's consoles and maybe try recovering your account to a different console then recovering it back.

XxBlackIcexX
05-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Yep, tried both of those. =/ I can recover with my hard drive on his console.. but not on mine. I have lost the very little faith I had in microsoft (Im a HUGE apple fangirl =P) when I got this response from from Xbox customer support.
"Hello Pam,

This is Joyce, with Microsoft XBOX Support services.

We're sorry to hear that your console doesn't seem to be working properly. As I understand it, you have been encountering red lights on the power button of your console. In order to isolate what is causing the problem and to give you the correct steps to resolve the issue, please provide us with more specific details.

The exact error message or error code that you are encountering.
Since the Ring of Light is flashing red, how many quadrants are doing this?
Does the problem occur only on specific games? What are these games?
Does this happen on online or offline games?
What is the color of the power supply's indicator light?
Please include other details that can help identify the issue.

We look forward to hearing from you again and helping you resolve your problem.

If you need to reply to this e-mail, please reply 'with history' (include any previous e-mail) or reference to Service Request Number ********** so we can expedite our service to you.

Thank you for visiting Xbox.com. If you should have future questions on Xbox products or services, please be sure to revisit our Web site as we are continually adding information to enhance our service.

Best Regards,

Joyce

Microsoft XBOX Support Services

http://support.microsoft.com/"

I didn't even tell them I had a red ring problem. >.<

wicked_d365
05-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Atleast you were able to get it taken care of. If I was you, I would go back and delete your service number from your post.

Variation-XBA
05-01-2009, 11:56 AM
It's an automated message, that's why I suggest calling and talk to a real person and such.

XxBlackIcexX
05-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Ah.. yea good idea Variation... I totally forgot about calling them. Thanks! I'll give it a try.

XxBlackIcexX
05-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Haha, now I got ANOTHER problem on my hands. xD I decided to wait and call Microsoft after I got my new console if It still didn't work. Well I put the OLD hard drive on the new console and still didn't recover. SO I put the new hard drive on the new console and it works just fine. EXCEPT, I don't have any of the arcade game, game add ons... ETC. Is there a way to transfer all the stuff on my old HD to my new one? I looked into "Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Kit" but it looks like you can only transfer from 20 GB to 120 GB... I would be transferring from 120 GB TO 120 GB. Is that possible? =S

Thanks!

Variation-XBA
05-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Is there a way to transfer all the stuff on my old HD to my new one? I looked into "Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Kit" but it looks like you can only transfer from 20 GB to 120 GB... I would be transferring from 120 GB TO 120 GB. Is that possible? =S

Thanks!

Unfortunately you can only do the 20 -> 120 so moving your stuff that way won't be possible.

Everything you've bought on LIVE though can be redownloaded, cause it's linked to your account. so if you go into your account details and download history you can see everything you've ever bought and downloaded and just redownload it to your new conslole/hard drive.

wicked_d365
05-11-2009, 08:30 AM
You will need to redownload all your Live items again. Easiest way is go to your dowloaded item screen and just scroll through. You will also need to transfer all your license from the old box to the new one. Here is the link needed to do that.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

That should get you all set up and ready to go again, except for saves. If you can get the old HD to load up, you can copy all you game saves off to a memory card and transfer them over. If you can't load the HD then you will lose them and have to start your games from the start.
Hope this get you up and running again.

XxBlackIcexX
05-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Alright Thanks!... Haha it took forever to get everything.. but Im finished now. One last question.. (I promise =P ) I have Rock band 2 right and I downloaded the 20 free songs with the code from the back of the manuel. Those were my favorite songs on the entire game. Is there anyway I could get them back, or would I have to buy a whole new RB 2? =/

Variation-XBA
05-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Alright Thanks!... Haha it took forever to get everything.. but Im finished now. One last question.. (I promise =P ) I have Rock band 2 right and I downloaded the 20 free songs with the code from the back of the manuel. Those were my favorite songs on the entire game. Is there anyway I could get them back, or would I have to buy a whole new RB 2? =/

Like I said, check your download history in your account and you'll see that you've 'bought' or 'downloaded' it, so you can just redownload it no problem!