PDA

View Full Version : 360 Dev Kit anybody have one?

mhawk134
05-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Just wondering if anybody out there has a 360 dev kit and what you use it for if you do, most people do not talk about them and there is just a really small scene and just wanting to know if anybody here has one.

Hawk

CrazyCougar
05-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Dev kits are handed out to websites, media and development studios and are a rare commodity. I am not at liberty to discuss much more than that. Sorry. This is just a topic that is not a public type of discussion. The folks that have them are under agreement (NDA) with Microsoft to not discuss the unit either.

Normal everyday gamers do NOT have one or will they be issued one for obvious reasons. If someone does have one, then it was acquired illegally.

mhawk134
05-04-2009, 12:46 AM
Well they pop up on ebay from time to time, and from game developers that close and the assets are auctioned off, anybody with the cash can get one that's not a problem, I was just wondering if anybody here had one.

Hawk

o0 Mayh3m 0o
05-04-2009, 08:25 AM
whats so good about a Dev kit anyways?

CrazyCougar
05-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Well they pop up on ebay from time to time, and from game developers that close and the assets are auctioned off, anybody with the cash can get one that's not a problem, I was just wondering if anybody here had one.

Hawk

Yes, they can be found on eBay for a nice chunk of change. But they really wont be of any value to someone that does not know how to use it or have the resources to use it. As I said previously, not really an open discussion to have especially on a site like ours. And honestly there isnt much to be discussed due to the previously mentioned NDA.

Symmetric-XBA
05-04-2009, 06:05 PM
whats so good about a Dev kit anyways?

lol if you need one, you'll know already.

wicked_d365
05-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Hawk, I saw one on Craigslist a week or two ago, just can't remember if it was L.A. or Sacramento, give that a shot. Other than that, just keep an eye out and check eBay everyday for one to pop up.
Sorry you had to get rapped just asking a question. Hoped this helped.

mhawk134
05-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Hawk, I saw one on Craigslist a week or two ago, just can't remember if it was L.A. or Sacramento, give that a shot. Other than that, just keep an eye out and check eBay everyday for one to pop up.
Sorry you had to get rapped just asking a question. Hoped this helped.

Um I never said that I was wanting one or trying to find one, I'm just trying to find more ppl with them and wondering what they do with theres. Basically wondering if ppl design any games or if they just use if for the simple stuff.

Hawk