PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!! I finished COD4!!!

mattgame
05-22-2009, 06:59 AM
I never played the single player only multi. Until a few days ago. And I have to tell you I love the game, the story was great, the gameplay was great and the ending was straight up badass!!! Best. Ending. Ever. I would play it all over again just to be able to do that ending again. 10/10

Unreal
05-22-2009, 03:43 PM
I never played the single player only multi. Until a few days ago. And I have to tell you I love the game, the story was great, the gameplay was great and the ending was straight up badass!!! Best. Ending. Ever. I would play it all over again just to be able to do that ending again. 10/10
I was the complete opposite. I played the hell out of the single player and loved it but never touched multi. I am glad you enjoyed it a lot.

wicked_d365
05-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Yeah, that was one of the best games of 2007. I beat it on normal, I'm working on veteran right now, syuck at the part where you have to carry the sniper to the chopper, "All Ghilled Up"

Variation-XBA
05-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Wasn't that sniper part and chopper part simply amazing? :) Been awhile since I played that campaign, I should do it again.

drunkentexan
05-24-2009, 01:07 PM
I too enjoyed the campaign. I would have to say that one of my favorite missions was the AC 130 gunship mission. The payload those things carry is amazing.

mattgame
05-24-2009, 01:34 PM
All that was great but the end was straight out of a movie. There I am dying, I just watch my man take one to the head and three guys are approaching me including the bad guy. I'm next. The world is a blur, I thought we had it made. It's over. I look over at my other downed squadmate and he slides me the gun. My last chance at salvation. I grab it, take aim, and take out all three, BLAM!, BLAM, BLAM!, BLAM! They're dead! I got them!! It's finally over.

Come on guys name one game that ended as hot as that.

Enamelized420
05-24-2009, 02:09 PM
You are right the ending of the game and how it plays out is great. Definitely a ending to remeber.

Nice recap of the situation by the way... :cheers:

mattgame
05-24-2009, 07:29 PM
You are right the ending of the game and how it plays out is great. Definitely a ending to remeber.

Nice recap of the situation by the way... :cheers:

Exactly that was the greatest ending ever!!:cheers:

WynnFire
05-26-2009, 11:12 PM
In November the sequel comes out and the trailer kicks ass.

http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/

Patriot65108
05-27-2009, 05:20 AM
Congrats on finishing man!
The game is definitely amazing. The game constantly throws new things at you. I could tell from the execution intro that this game is going to be something special.
Then you get thrown into all these different scenarios: the first ending sort of (nuclear explosion), the sniper mission, the gunship mission, the foot chase mission, and then to cap it off with what I have to agree with you on is the best ending ever, only to be followed by a mission where you're rushing the ****pit in a plane full of terrorists.
Here's to MW2 and hopping the developers top the bar they set for themselves!

mattgame
05-30-2009, 05:49 PM
I'm looking forward to it! I might get two in case the first one scratches!

Fargoth
05-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Once MW2 comes out we gotta start a XBA group so we can do dominating everyone

mattgame
05-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Once MW2 comes out we gotta start a XBA group so we can do dominating everyone

If it has a 50 cal I'm gonna pop tops like cans of pringles!!!

elliottcjackson
06-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Always play the singleplayer first. At least, that's what I do. Unless you want a head start and multiplayer means that much to you. If you play singleplayer fast and first, you'll know all the tricks of the trade later on.

mattgame
06-29-2009, 06:07 PM
Always play the singleplayer first. At least, that's what I do. Unless you want a head start and multiplayer means that much to you. If you play singleplayer fast and first, you'll know all the tricks of the trade later on.

Competition is always tighter online IMO. I started the single campaign just to learn the controls then it was off to the online world.

mangobama619
06-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Ending was epic :hail:
cant wait for MW2 i saw the gameplay and the snow scenerio is so cool
i hope my xbox gets fixed fast enough so i can get myself a copy and play the **** out of it

mattgame
06-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Ending was epic :hail:
cant wait for MW2 i saw the gameplay and the snow scenerio is so cool
i hope my xbox gets fixed fast enough so i can get myself a copy and play the **** out of it

Thank you!! I defy anyone to give me a better ending. Screw a boss battle where you just learn a trick or two, this one was for the ages!

TheBlackBeret
06-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Completely agree. A most excellent ending. Cant wait for modern warfare 2. I thought the level on the airplane was great.

x iPr0 Sn1p3z x
07-06-2009, 05:20 PM
I finished COD4's Campaign mode last week on normal. The only missions that I've completed on veteran are F.N.G., Crew Expendable, The Coup, Blackout, Death from Above, and All Ghillied Up. The one thing that bothered me about the game was that on One Shot, One Kill it seems like Zakhaev dies after you shoot him, but he only loses an arm. The ending was really cool. However, Mile High Club was way too short in my opinion. Nazi Zombies is better.