PDA

View Full Version : Best xbox 360 game of this year's E3 show

Nato King
06-06-2009, 04:19 AM
Let me know What was the best xbox360 game of this year's E3 show.

I picked Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Shawn-XBA
06-06-2009, 06:22 AM
The only one that really surprised me was Splinter Cell Conviction, all those other titles I expected to be very good so the demos and trailers shown were not that shocking. I didn't like the last installment of the Spinter Cell series so when I heard that this one is a little different I was excited, once I saw the demo I was hooked. A day one buy for me now, instead of not getting it at all like I was going to do.

Another game that I liked was Epic's Shadow Complex for Xbox Live Arcade. That game looked very cool and I can't wait to get my hand's on it. Another XBL Arcade title that has peaked my interest is Battlefield 1943, I can't believe they can make a game like that for the Arcade.

wicked_d365
06-06-2009, 09:16 AM
I'm with Silent. Splinter Cell looks amazing. I'm glad it's taken them so long to do it, because it looks like have done it right. The single player looks sweet. I like how they give you the names and clues in videos on the walls and in lighting.
The way they decribed each situation as it's own sandbox, with multiple ways to defeat/pass an area is great. Having more than one way to get through a spot, instead of one set line, like alot of games, will make this less frustrating than other games and more fun.

I was also very impressed with Alan Wake. I have been waiting on this one for a while now, and it looks like the wait will be worth it. The demo they played during the confrence was amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on that one.

Enamelized420
06-06-2009, 10:24 AM
My vote went to SC:Conviction as I think it's looked amazing. As wicked mentioend they way they plaster what to do into the enviroment was very cool.

MC2 does look like it will be another hit from Infinity Ward as well seeing Alan Wake, that should be a cool experience. definitely some hot titles coming out in the near future..
I like how they added the video editor into Forza 3 along with bringing other race styles into the game. Assassin's Creed 2 will be a bit more interesting this go around and not be as repetitive as the first. I definitely like they give the ability to swim and hide in new places.

Unreal
06-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Let me know What was the best xbox360 game of this year's E3 show.
I was excited for Forza 3 myself. I liked a lot of other games as well but I am going with this one.

Ainokeatoo
06-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Having never played AC1 AC2 looked spectacular to me, so, that's where my vote is going.

WillyV2
06-06-2009, 11:35 AM
My vote would have to go to Modern Warfare 2. I fell in love with the first one and this one looks amazing and I'm excited to play it.

Variation-XBA
06-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Between Splinter Cell and Alan Wake for me.

The way that SC will tell the story is awesome.

WillyV2
06-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Between Splinter Cell and Alan Wake for me.

The way that SC will tell the story is awesome.

Oh man, that's another game I'm pumped for, Alan Wake. Brings me back to my old Silent Hill days.

Unreal
06-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Oh man, that's another game I'm pumped for, Alan Wake. Brings me back to my old Silent Hill days.
They have a hands on demo of Alan Wake up on live right now. It makes Silent Hill look like a joke. Not that there is anything wrong with Silent Hill. I can't wait for Alan Wake either. Spring 2010 is so far away :crying:

SamSmith
06-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Splinter Cell here too.

JarkMan
06-06-2009, 10:27 PM
well for starts modern warfare 2 wasnt being demoed but i really liked prototype that game was sooo much fun had to wait like an hour just to play that and Halo ODST oh and yes i went to E3

Alex5101
06-07-2009, 09:12 AM
I have to say, Splinter Cell looked terrific. The way everything is told to you through the backgrounds looked amazing. I also love the new grittiness and how it's no bars sort of Splinter Cell. No longer playing by the rules, should be amazing.

Assassin's Creed 2 is also looking amazing! That, and I'm super pumped for The Beatles Rock Band. Just cause I love the Beatles and the instruments look awesome. XD

CrazyCougar
06-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Over the course of the whole show at E3, I had some much information to look at and games to try out that its hard to pick out a favorite. I think rather than just voting on 1, that I will just list a few I am excite for that I got to see up close and personal at the show.

Assassin's Creed 2- Looks amazing and the new features put into the game along with the new time era is awesome. The graphics are off the hook even more so than the first one.

Splinter Cell Convicition - So much innovation in this game and it looks aboslutely amazing. As mentioned the sand box style play looks like a ton of fun.

Forza 3 - I have to agree that this will probably be the best game on the market when it comes to the racing genre. It looks great and the new video editor is off the hook.

Alan Wake - After sitting through a behind closed dorrs 20 minute demo of the game, I have to say that I am totally intriguiged by this game. The way light and dark is incorporated into this game is simply stunning and a great concept. The graphics, story and gameplay are plain downright sick.

The Saboteur - I was invited to EA's private suite to site down with the co-owner of Pandemic and check out this upcoming title. The use of black and white and color to represent mood and areas you need to complete tasks was great. The gameplay looked awesome and the way they showed sandbox style play and trying to be unpredictable in your actions was intruiging.

Halo ODST - Good stuff, but not a Halo fan. BUT I can see this game being huge since it ships with a Halo 3 multiplayer disc which gives you all the maps released to date plus 3 new ones. Also the fact that you get the Halo Reach Beta if you own ODST is a no brainer. The game looked great and the mode Firefight was a lot of fun. The storyline is compelling as usual with Halo titles and the soundtrack is one again off the hook.

MX vs ATV Reflex - I got a chance to play the new motocross title from THQ and I have to say its the best one to date. You'll be leaving tire ruts throughout the terrain, and a new reflex system allows you to tweak the bike around turns using your body with a right stick movement. You can also recover from bad landings now as you couldnt in previous games. The graphics look great, controls are very good and the sounds seem spot on.

A few other titles I loved checking out: Need For Speed Shift, Batman, Dirt 2, Joyride, Shadow Complex, Wolfenstein, Blur and of course Left For Dead 2. Crackdown 2 looks great and I am excited to check that out. I am sure I am missing a few other such as Tekken, King of Fighters, Ghostbousters, etc...But lets just say the future holds many great games!!!

Fargoth
06-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Me probably being the only is looking forward to Dead Rising 2. I loved the sandboxness of the first one and the 2ed one looks like it fixed every problem.

I'm also really liking Mass Effect 2 because I'm an RPG fanatic and to me storyline is everything to me.

This goes along with the new MMORPG Star Wars the old republic which is going to be an amazing game with everything people like about MMOs along with more things and the fourth pillar of story.

Although I will probably get ODST also because the one thing I had a problem with halo was how invincible you were which with this it makes everything the way I want it plus it seems so unique.

I will also be getting Modern Warfare 2 for sure it looks like a great game that I'm really looking forward to.

mangobama619
06-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Assassins Creed 2 looks so COOOOL so thats where mine is
but Dead rising 2... that looks fun..

SpaceGhost2K
06-09-2009, 11:56 PM
I only saw three games up close: Forza 3, Alan Wake and Assassin's Creed 2. I would LOVE to say "Mass Effect 2" but I didn't get to see it.

I think Forza 3 is the better game out of those three, but AC2 will outsell it.

HOWEVER... I just don't get Alan Wake. The character animations are stiff, and I don't like the plot line ("I wrote a story and don't remember it?") It all feels very trumped up. I'm gonna call it right now that AW is going to be a huge letdown, of Too Human proportions.

Steeps5
06-21-2009, 04:21 PM
I think i'm gonna go with Mass Effect 2. The first one was just absolutely epic if you ask me, i definitely am going to buy it.

I've also already preordered Modern Warfare 2, should be a great game too.

TheBlackBeret
06-30-2009, 08:08 PM
:mad: I am totally torn here between modern warfare II and Assassins Creed II. My vote goes to assassins creed II because I loved the first and this one looks infinetely better.

Symmetric-XBA
07-01-2009, 10:09 PM
my vote is for mass effect 2. amazing story and graphics and sound that go toe to toe w/ any graphic intense game on the 360 make this my vote.