PDA

View Full Version : Oh no UK 360 owners and MW2?!?!?

Symmetric-XBA
07-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Apparently Activision is giving UK 360 owners another reason to be disappointed. I hope this doesn't happen over here in the states. This also goes to show how weak the US Dollar is.

UK, July 17, 2009 - Activision's Modern Warfare 2, one of the biggest games of the year and potentially the highest selling, will have a RRP of 54.99 GBP.

That reflects a price hike of five pounds over the last Modern Warfare, which carried a RRP of 49.99 GBP (roughly $100 USD) when it launched in late 2007. The rise has been accounted to a weak pound, a factor that contributed to the inflation of the cost of Wii hardware earlier in the year.

In more grim news for UK consumers, the hike could be seen across the board this Christmas. "Exchange rates between the Euro and the pound are making it very difficult for publishers to show an acceptable operating margin in the UK," THQ's Ian Curran told MCV.

"You can't continue to trade as normal when the biggest territory in Europe has seen cost of goods increase by 30 per cent due to the strengthening of the Euro," he continued, "Publishers somehow need to offset this drastic increase in costs. I'm not surprised to see the [Modern Warfare 2] SRP go up and I feel this will continue across more key titles."

Pricing details have also emerged for the Prestige edition of Modern Warfare 2, which comes bundled with fully functioning night vision goggles and will be available exclusively at HMV in the UK for 119.99 GBP (roughly $240USD)

**goes to show how much cheaper things are in the states w/ a price of $150USD for the prestige edition**

Ohsay
07-21-2009, 03:54 AM
Yeh it sucks to be us, but the pound hasnt been that strong latley and games over here usually always cost £47-50 and ive been told in america its usually $60 it sucks yeah coz a couple years ago with the pound being £1/$2 i could have imported games from america at half price.

Im not so savvy on currency rates but yeh im still stoked about NVGS :D
even if you do get them dirt cheap :(

HaZarD SFD
07-21-2009, 07:31 AM
NVG's arent really real. They are standard camera with IR filter and IR LED's around the front of the goggles.. its kinda gunna look like camcorder IR. 50ft range if that.. but overall cool

Symmetric-XBA
07-21-2009, 02:19 PM
yeah to put things into perspective how we US 360 owners have it soft.

US 1600 ms points costs about $20 USD - or roughly 10 GBP.
UK 800 ms points costs around 10 GBP - or $20 USD.

US gas - avg. price $2.50/gal.
UK gas - avg. price 3 GBP liter (this was back when I went to the uk a couple months ago). Now heres the kicker, theres about 3 liters in a gallon so figure 9 GBP/gal. - or $18USD/gal.!! Imagine paying almost $20/gal of gas??

Plus w/ the uk and the european market having to pay more for their movies on xbl, as well as having their prices for their games naturally high, I'm hoping that ms does something to help show support for that market b/c they really need it lol.