PDA

View Full Version : Gold Xbox 360, faceplate, HDD, And DVD Bezel?

Ohsay
07-27-2009, 11:32 AM
I got an E-mail today about a Call of Juarez:Bound In Blood "Gold Rush" competition, where 5x £1000 gold ignots, 10 gold ipods, Gold 360's and (eww) ps3's and 24 carat gold faceplates can be won, ( I signed up in the of chance I win a faceplate)

Now I have seen "24 carat gold faceplates" before around the net and thought and read that its either paint or some gold plating, but with a little research from the competition i found this website

http://www.goldgenie.com/gold-black-xbox-p-107.html
The 360 looks pretty sweet with the gold HDD trim, can't find any faceplates on that site though

Just wondering if anyone knows anything else about this?

Hmmm?

----------------------
Edit: Upon actually READING the descriptions I see that the faceplate is gold plated, so is it just a bog standard black or white faceplate dipped in some sort of gold liquid? I dunno.

Fill me in.

Variation-XBA
07-27-2009, 04:13 PM
No idea how they do that, cause it certainly doesn't look like gold flake, looks like it's actually dipped or coated somehow very thinly.

Symmetric-XBA
07-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Its done via a "gold plating" system. Its not pure gold melted down in a mold to create a pure gold faceplate. We would probably be talking at least 5,000USD for something like that considering an ounce of gold is almost at $1,000USD now (thank god thats what I'm invested in lol) Oh and if you wanted a "gold plated" faceplate and hdd, you too can own one for the budget price of $648.923 USD (currency converter from their site). Bottom line, pass on this. If you really want to make a statement save your money, buy some gold and have it melted down into a mold and then you really will have a "gold xbox360 faceplate"