PDA

View Full Version : Natal FINALLY!

Symmetric-XBA
07-28-2009, 09:54 PM
We all knew this was coming, but now THQ has OFFICIALLY stated that Natal is coming next year.

During THQ's first-quarter financial call this afternoon, CEO Brian Farrell spoke about the current industry cycle and what the future holds for gaming hardware.

Ferrell expects longer hardware cycles from peripheral add-ons and lower price points. Oh, he also knows when Microsoft's new Project Natal motion controller is launching.

"If you look at what's happening in the industry, the fact that we have, for example, Natal from Microsoft - a platform addition - coming late next year."

Ferrell would continue on talking about how other hardware companies will introduce add-on peripherals.

"And regarding price cuts, the fact the Wii is still at its launch price and Playstation 3 is still at a relevantly high price point. I think when we start thinking about the cycle, we should think it will be a longer cycle as hardware prices come down, we don't think Microsoft will be alone in introducing peripherals or new devices that keep the current hardware fresh for at least the next three to five years."

Sure, release dates could change. But THQ has already said the company plans to have launch games for the Natal camera. So if there is one third-party software company that knows when the camera is coming, it's THQ.

Variation-XBA
07-29-2009, 12:30 AM
The fact that someone other than MS gave a date means nothing, but also the fact we already knew this is for next xmes, really means nothing.

Playing Mantis
08-21-2009, 07:48 PM
I really don't think we'll be 3 to 5 more years before the next console generation. Maybe two more after this xmas...I can see legacy support extending beyond the introduction of the next gen though, like it has for PS2.