PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell DELAYED.

Symmetric-XBA
07-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Splinter Cell Conviction has been delayed in order that the game can receive more spit and polish, as Ubisoft has detailed the thinking behind pushing the game back to early 2010.

Ubisoft Montreal's game was one of a number of games from the publisher that was moved out of the latter half of this year, and CEO Yves Guillemot explained the reasoning in a conference call listened into by Joystiq. "The changes on Splinter Cell and Red Steel – it's just a question of polish," said Guillemot, "The quality of the games is there for what you've been able to see at E3, but we were not able to have that same quality on the full game of those two products."

Splinter Cell: Conviction is something of a reboot for the long-running stealth series, and early looks have seriously impressed, with Sam Fisher engaging in a more direct and action-focused take on the game. It's not the only game to have been pushed back this year, with Heavy Rain, Alan Wake and Bioshock 2 all fleeing from the behemoth that will be Activision's Modern Warfare 2.

Variation-XBA
07-29-2009, 12:25 AM
As much as I want Splinter Cell, if that's what it takes to make it better, then good, there is already going to be too much to play come this holiday anyways

Shadow20002
07-30-2009, 12:27 AM
I want it NOW! :)

behemothZ3R0
08-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Ugh... more delays...
My fiance and I were just asking each other this morning when we thought this game would come out...

ThisIsTheEnd21
08-21-2009, 07:23 PM
That's good for me considering how many games I'm planning to get this year. I'm going to get MW2, The Beatles: Rock Band, Guitar Hero 5, and Halo 3: ODST so that's one game off my list and less money to be spent.