PDA

View Full Version : Dead Space Trilogy + Movie

Symmetric-XBA
07-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Dead Space is expanding into a trilogy and will also be making the move to the silver screen, with director D.J Caruso slated to direct a film based on EA's well received sci-fi horror.

EA has previously spoken of expanding Dead Space beyond the first game - which saw Isaac Clarke exploring the desecrated innards of the mining ship Ishimura – as well as expressing a desire to see the IP make the leap to the big screen. The first game did well at review, and has already spawned Dead Space: Extraction a Wii spin-off that's coming later this year.

News of a movie spin-off should come as no surprise; the game is already brimming with cinematic influences, and its release was accompanied by Dead Space Downfall, a full length animated film.

Variety reports that a second and third game are in the works, while naming D. J Caruso as the director for the movie. Caruso directed Shia LeBoeuf vehicles Distrurbia and Eagle Eye – so can we expect to see The Beef taking on the Necromorphs in the forthcoming film?

One thing that does make me very nervous though is that the execs from the dead space project originally are now gone. Hopefully the sequels will live up to the original.

Variation-XBA
07-29-2009, 12:23 AM
I really need to get around to finishing the game... I got like 2 hours in and stopped for some reason

Ricepuppet
07-29-2009, 12:46 AM
Yea, i played like 2-3 hours (got to the part where you need to jump across the room in floating space) but never went trough with it.

Shame though, cause it's a great game.