PDA

View Full Version : Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo LIVE

wicked_d365
08-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Finally we get a taste of one of the most anticipated games of '09. Today Eidos released a demo af Batman: Arkham Asylum available for download today.
Follow the link to add it to your quene now.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ddf0001-0000-4000-8000-000053438807

I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but it is in my quene, and will be the first thing I do when I get home. I have been looking forward to this for a while now, since last E3 when they anounced it.
Published by Eidos and developer Rocksteady Games, Batman is a new stealth/combat game built on the Unreal Engine.

The game follows Batman after he captures the Joker and takes him back to Arkham, when actually, Joker wanted to be taken back, for he has turned the asylum into a giant trap for Batman.

Batman:Arkham Asylum releases later this month on the 25th on 360 and PS3. Available as a standard version $59.99, or the special collectors edition with a replica Batarnag, bonus DVD, Doctor's journal, and a challange map out of the box for only $99.99.

Symmetric-XBA
08-07-2009, 06:25 PM
i've been playing this demo like crazy over and over and over again lol. I LOVE the style of gameplay and the mechanics are amazing. The game uses a healthy dose of logic which to me makes this title even stronger. The only gripe I have is some of the camera movements. With a lot of the demo taking place in narrow hallways or small rooms (except for the last room in the demo) you can find yourself trying to adjust the camera as it will auto zoom in. Granted its a small gripe, but this game is looking absolutly phenominal.

Kamshaft
08-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Great demo! Lovin it!

oddjob428
08-08-2009, 09:33 AM
I checked out the demo last night. The game has good atmosphere, tells some backstory, and Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) voice acts The Joker. I like that the game has both action type gameplay as well as a stealth component. One part of the demo makes you realize that you have to plan some of your attacks ahead of time and wait for the right opportunity, especially with armed encounters. I'm looking forward to playing the game but not sure if to rent or buy.

Bakeman
08-08-2009, 11:58 AM
I played it yesterday after I saw the orginal post here.

very cool.. wish the demo was a little longer. But definitely liking it. I like how the fighting seemed very fresh. The counters were cool. I didn't feel like I was just hitting X XXXXXXXXXXXX to fight, like other games. It was good to counter, and you had to watch for it when you fought multiple guys.

definitely have to rent it

Unreal
08-08-2009, 05:57 PM
I loved the demo and I am now buying the game. :)

Variation-XBA
08-09-2009, 12:17 AM
Wasn't really sold on it before the demo. I was simply buying it because of the collector edition, but glad to say I will open it and actually play it now. Loved the demo, did a great job of showing the basics

sw0rdfish-XBA
08-12-2009, 12:55 AM
I watched Variation play the demo, it looked cool. The camera / fighting style bugged me at times. I'm going to wait this one out for a bit. I got tons on the go already.

gem1138
08-19-2009, 04:04 PM
I hope the combat animations are much more varied because I could see it getting very repitive. I will most likely rent the game because I'm very interested to see all of the bosses. The game is also reminded me of Splinter Cell quite a bit.

bdavid81
08-19-2009, 04:13 PM
I've got high hopes that this will be the #1 superhero game to date. The last games that really impressed me were X-Men Legends 1 & 2 on the original Xbox.

behemothZ3R0
08-21-2009, 07:13 PM
I love it, honestly.
The controls confused me at first, but I got a handle on them.

ThisIsTheEnd21
08-21-2009, 07:14 PM
I liked the demo a lot. Also IGN gave this game a 9.3 so I might consider renting it now.

CraftyMan
08-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Demo was short but the combat flowed rather well and it's quite clear they were inspired from Bioshock/Dead Space in terms of atmosphere and design. (And for those in Canada, the game will be on sale for almost half-price when it comes out, at Wal-Mart, Futureshop and Bestbuy most notably.)

Variation-XBA
08-21-2009, 07:53 PM
And for those in Canada, the game will be on sale for almost half-price when it comes out, at Wal-Mart, Futureshop and Bestbuy most notably.

And they even dropped the price of the Collector's $10 :)