PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 2 ...Highest selling game of all-time?

bdavid81
08-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Interesting thought... I don't actually know the numbers on the HALO games, but it'd be interesting to know if it can beat that.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1017295p1.html

Variation-XBA
08-23-2009, 10:49 AM
If one game is going to beat Halo this Xmas, it's MW2, and it'll blow by it by a long shot.

Symmetric-XBA
08-23-2009, 12:45 PM
it will be interesting to see how this game sells. I hope that it beats GTA's records, but i doubt that will happen. A halo w/o master chief will be a good selling title, but it just won't be the same sales wise. However, i seriously doubt that these games will sell much when 2010 hits and we really experience a "stacked" year of quality gaming titles.

bdavid81
08-23-2009, 12:56 PM
2010 is a damn good year for us gamers, mostly in the PS3 area though i my eyes. 360 has a strong year, even the Wii looks pretty decent. Can't wait to get my hands on Final Fantasy XIII (Demo is great, but hardly a good enough 'fix') and God of War III.

For 360, I really want to play Alan Wake.

Variation-XBA
08-23-2009, 05:01 PM
2010 is a damn good year for us gamers, mostly in the PS3 area though i my eyes.

2010 titles haven't even fully been announced yet, so I'd hold on that, cause there's some surprises coming ;)

bdavid81
08-23-2009, 06:14 PM
2010 titles haven't even fully been announced yet, so I'd hold on that, cause there's some surprises coming ;)

We shall see. Alan Wake is the only one that comes to mind that I have any true interest in. I'll try Splinter Cell, but not really too intrigued by it. And HALO can be non-existent for all I care. I'd love to see Gears 3 surface in 2010, that'd be a nice surprise... And some new JRPGs.

Variation-XBA
08-24-2009, 12:11 AM
I'd love to see Gears 3 surface in 2010, that'd be a nice surprise... And some new JRPGs.

They won't put a Halo vs Gears in the same year.

And FFXIII is coming, let's hope for some more, I agree

bdavid81
08-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Yeah, FFXIII hopefully releases in 2010. I've got the Japanese demo that I've played through numerous times, and think I actually know what everything is in the demo now. I hope it's up there along with Final Fantasy X in terms of fun.

The 360 has had a strong lineup of RPGs since it started as well, so I hope to see a few new titles there. So far I already own these ones:

Blue Dragon
Eternal Sonata
Infinite Undiscovery
Last Remnant
Lost Odyssey
Tales of Vesperia LE

Sadly, I love all the ones I've tried of those titles, but I haven't finished a single one. I buy more games before I have time to finish others, and they get backlogged. I haven't bought a new retail game in months, due to not haivng a job... but instead of working on my backlog, I've been hooked to Gears of War 2 Horde Mode.

wicked_d365
08-24-2009, 11:30 AM
I can see MW2 being #1. Seeing as COD 4 is still a top selling title and MW2 looks even sweeter than 4, plus MW is just much more fun that Halo. I know alot of people who have never touched Halo since MW came out because it is a better game.
Also, they have already sold out of Prestige editions in the UK, so yeah, I can see it taking over.

Elite_Predator
08-24-2009, 12:41 PM
see this is the reason i never play COD. everyone alway talking about it. can we have just one week of no COD talk please. then maybe ill try MW 1 or WaW

wicked_d365
08-24-2009, 12:52 PM
see this is the reason i never play COD. everyone alway talking about it. can we have just one week of no COD talk please. then maybe ill try MW 1 or WaW

Same goes for Halo, I can't go a day online without reading a new Halo thread, or hearing someone talk about it. Quit being a cry baby and play one of the best games out there, Modern Warefare, WAW is only good if you like killing zombies, all most people do on it.