PDA

View Full Version : Section 8 Demo

wicked_d365
08-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Has anyone else played this pile of garbage?
I did the other day because a couple of my friends were all bragging about it and all I can say is why?
Why make another BS FPS that feels like Halo? Why can't I just spawn instead of taking more time to fly in and land, stand up, and then start shooting, meanhile, some guy is standing behind me waiting to spawn kill? The jumping. Do we really need another game where you can jump 50 feet in the air?
This game is just another form of Halo to me, with an added outside view sprint, which gets you killed more than anything.

Just wanted to see what everyone else thinks about it.

bdavid81
08-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Haven't tried it yet, but I will one of these days. I try not to write games off without trying them, as everyone likes something different.

oddjob428
08-24-2009, 01:19 PM
I played the demo for about 10 minutes then deleted it off my hard drive.

Bakeman
08-24-2009, 04:10 PM
I downloaded it... played it for about 5 minutes... did not like it.
Just meh

Bertnell
08-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Has anyone else played this pile of garbage?
I did the other day because a couple of my friends were all bragging about it and all I can say is why?
Why make another BS FPS that feels like Halo? Why can't I just spawn instead of taking more time to fly in and land, stand up, and then start shooting, meanhile, some guy is standing behind me waiting to spawn kill? The jumping. Do we really need another game where you can jump 50 feet in the air?
This game is just another form of Halo to me, with an added outside view sprint, which gets you killed more than anything.

Just wanted to see what everyone else thinks about it.

is this one the xbox marketplace or just PC?

bdavid81
08-24-2009, 04:26 PM
is this one the xbox marketplace or just PC?

Live Marketplace: http://tr.im/x1k0

Variation-XBA
08-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Well it's made by Southpeak, so there is your problem....

I'll download the demo though and give it a fair shot for myself

Unreal
08-24-2009, 08:46 PM
I downloaded it... played it for about 5 minutes... did not like it.
Just meh
This sums up my time with it as well.

bdavid81
08-24-2009, 10:29 PM
Ended up downloading it... Yeah... waste of bandwidth. :)

NiNeBReaKeR
08-26-2009, 10:47 AM
This game is the worst fps ive seen in a long time. It makes me upset that GRINs Final Fantasy game will never see the light of day but we get this pile of poo..

Bakeman
08-26-2009, 04:04 PM
This game is the worst fps ive seen in a long time. It makes me upset that GRINs Final Fantasy game will never see the light of day but we get this pile of poo..

grin didn't work on this game did they??

NiNeBReaKeR
08-26-2009, 04:22 PM
grin didn't work on this game did they??

Symmetric-XBA talks about it.
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87209&highlight=final+fantasy

Bakeman
08-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Symmetric-XBA talks about it.
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87209&highlight=final+fantasy

I saw that. I thought since you mentioned Grin that they had a part with section 8.... But it was more like this crap section 8 sees the light of day when grins project gets the boot. I was like "no way grin worked on this crap" lol

Nurb
08-26-2009, 05:26 PM
I got into the open beta for PC, and it's basicly a ripoff of tribes with tanks and power armor. I could only manage playing it for one night before uninstalling. I guess you can't trust anyone in gaming magazines or websites because they were basicly having a 'gamergasm' over it.

The gimmick it dropping into the battlefield from a ship in space.. but its JUST YOU dropping. I'd rather be a pilot in an actuall dropship picking up and dropping off team mates on the battlefield

Kiddingo
09-01-2009, 11:23 AM
yeah, it's pretty much awful. I have to wonder why any unproven developer would want to jump into the sci-fi shooter genre now. It's pure suicide.