PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero 5 Impressions

wicked_d365
09-01-2009, 01:18 PM
I just picked up my copy of GH5 and played a couple of tracks on my lunch break.
It's different. They changed the scrolling display a little, it seems tighter to me, but a little easier to read with the new black bacground. I'm enjoying the layout, not cluttered. The band presentation is nice too, they really use the cameras alot in this one.
I haven't got to play with anything else on it, like I said, a quickplay lunch. I will give more details after I play some more in the next day or so.

What are your impressions on it so far?

Kiddingo
09-01-2009, 01:30 PM
so basically it's like rock band now. :-)

Kamshaft
09-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Let see a small review from ya maybe? ;)
The big switch on the front page...

crazyeddie68
09-02-2009, 12:08 PM
I recently tried the guitar hero games and i'm hooked.I thinks its difficult to play beyond the easy settings,LOL!

So far I got GH 3 and GH Aerosmith.I wanna get Metallica and GH 5.
Would you recommend GH 5 wicked_d365?

bdavid81
09-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Tried out a rental copy of GH5 last night, wasn't too bad compared to GH3, World Tour, and the abomination...Smash Hits. Still, Rock Band remains my preference.

I did get my hands on Rock Band Beatles today as well, and I completed the story mode, just over 4 hours. Pretty decent games but I'm sure its more enticing to actual fans of the Beatles. Most songs were fun for expert guitar, though many were very basic charts, and only 1 song actually gave me a little trouble where I had to drop to hard difficulty to finish it. Leaderboards and other little extras that are in there seem pretty cool, and it's definitely a polished title that will cater well to its fans.

wicked_d365
09-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Yes Eddie, I recommend GH5 fully. It is my favorite one of the GH series. It's easier to navigate, anyone can jump in/out at anytime. Great party game.
I'm with bdavid though, RB over GH anyday.

Variation-XBA
09-06-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm kinda glad I didn't get it on launch day...now I really don't even care about it.

crazyeddie68
09-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Yes Eddie, I recommend GH5 fully. It is my favorite one of the GH series. It's easier to navigate, anyone can jump in/out at anytime. Great party game.
I'm with bdavid though, RB over GH anyday.

Thanks for the heads up Wicked.I gotta try RB soon.One question,is GH guitars compatible with RB games?

wicked_d365
09-12-2009, 09:03 AM
One question,is GH guitars compatible with RB games?

Yes, all the peripherals from both games will work on either. I have the GH:WT band kit and play RB all the time.
Which reminds me, Var, did you find that tune kit by chance? Just curious.

Variation-XBA
09-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Which reminds me, Var, did you find that tune kit by chance? Just curious.

Yea, I ordered mine as soon as I unfortunately bought GHWT cause the drums didn't work properly. I 'fixed' it and haven't had an issue since, so I guess it worked...too bad I don't play the game at all.

wicked_d365
09-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Yea, I ordered mine as soon as I unfortunately bought GHWT cause the drums didn't work properly. I 'fixed' it and haven't had an issue since, so I guess it worked...too bad I don't play the game at all.

I ment did you find it again. I was going to get it from you for my kit remember, the thread in the trading post. I will pay shipping and send it back if you want.

Variation-XBA
09-13-2009, 12:18 AM
I ment did you find it again. I was going to get it from you for my kit remember, the thread in the trading post. I will pay shipping and send it back if you want.

OH right, that was you wanting it. Unfortunately not and I just moved a lot of stuff around tonight and no luck :( Sorry buddy