PDA

View Full Version : [Possible] Free DLC Coming in 2 Weeks (Arkham Asylum)

bdavid81
09-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Kotaku has the details. :)

http://kotaku.com/5356409/two-download-packs-coming-to-batman-over-two-weeks

oddjob428
09-10-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm glad they are putting out some dlc. I am about 18% through the game and it's starting to get challenging. If you haven't picked this game up then go get it, it's a buy.

Variation-XBA
09-10-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm going to assume just more challenge maps, which really isn't my thing.

Unreal
09-10-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm going to assume just more challenge maps, which really isn't my thing.
I am with you on this.

Bakeman
09-11-2009, 04:21 AM
Awe really guys??? I'm having fun with the challenge maps. Especially the freeflow combo ones. Where you fight a bunch of guys. My best was a 46!! It looks so freaking cool going through a combo that long taking out baddies lol. Espcially if you throw in so take down moves in there.

Well any free dlc would be cool for the game. I've had a blast with the game thus far. I'm about 60% complete. Can't remember for sure, unfortunately I have not had a chance to play in about a week. Well I could have played Tuesday but I played madden instead because I was getting football fever lol

Unreal
09-11-2009, 04:52 AM
Awe really guys??? I'm having fun with the challenge maps. Especially the freeflow combo ones. Where you fight a bunch of guys. My best was a 46!! It looks so freaking cool going through a combo that long taking out baddies lol. Espcially if you throw in so take down moves in there.

Well any free dlc would be cool for the game. I've had a blast with the game thus far. I'm about 60% complete. Can't remember for sure, unfortunately I have not had a chance to play in about a week. Well I could have played Tuesday but I played madden instead because I was getting football fever lol
I have no desire to beat up guys in environments that are from the game but closed off for a challenge. (which is what the DLC will be). Add new bad guys, or bat suits / weapons that would allow me to play the single player game again and I would be all over that. Once you beat the challenges from the game there is no real need to do it again unless you want to top your high score. IMO

bdavid81
09-11-2009, 08:55 AM
I actually don't find the challenge rooms all that entertaining myself, but any free content is welcome regardless. I'd love some actual story fillers though sort of like the Gears 2 deleted scene... actually, exactly like that.

Variation-XBA
09-11-2009, 10:45 AM
I think of the challenge rooms as glorified time trials which isn't a bad thing, it's just not my thing at all. I do enjoy the combat ones, but it really wasn't enough to keep me playing, as I'd rather work towards finding all the riddles instead.

That's just me though.

Unreal
09-11-2009, 02:42 PM
I think of the challenge rooms as glorified time trials which isn't a bad thing, it's just not my thing at all. I do enjoy the combat ones, but it really wasn't enough to keep me playing, as I'd rather work towards finding all the riddles instead.

That's just me though.
I actually enjoyed the predator challenges the most. With 3 requirements to get gold and a time clock to see how fast you cant take the guys down. That is and was a lot of fun.

Bakeman
09-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Of course... to each their own.
Some DLC that would be story fillers or something like new story lines could be cool.

Unreal
09-12-2009, 04:54 AM
Of course... to each their own.
Some DLC that would be story fillers or something like new story lines could be cool.
If the game took place in Gotham I think it would be possible. On the island makes it a bit harder. Having an actual boss fight with Killer Croc or Mr. Freeze breaking out would be cool.

Bakeman
09-12-2009, 06:41 AM
If the game took place in Gotham I think it would be possible. On the island makes it a bit harder. Having an actual boss fight with Killer Croc or Mr. Freeze breaking out would be cool.

yeah it would be tough to add story lines being on the island.

bdavid81
09-12-2009, 07:45 AM
It's not tough. It's a fictional story, therefore its possible to add anything at all... I don't care if it makes sense, just give me more gameplay! :)

cifcloqui
09-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks for sharing this useful information. It's great.
this is interesting.. thanks so much for sharing!

bdavid81
09-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Source: http://www.gametrailers.com/news/batman-aa-insane-night-dlc/1353

EIDOS INTERACTIVE AND WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCE INSANE NIGHT MAP PACK FOR BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUMT

Eidos Interactive Ltd. and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced the Insane Night Map Pack, a free downloadable map pack for the critically acclaimed Batman: Arkham Asylum action adventure title. Beginning September 17th, the Insane Night Map Pack will be available from PlayStation Store, Xbox LIVE Marketplace, and Games for Windows LIVE Marketplace, and offer gamers two new Challenge Maps to hone their FreeFlow Combat skills and test their Invisible Predator prowess.

In the ‘Totally Insane’ FreeFlow Combat map, players will be tested to their fullest as scores of escaped lunatics bear down upon BATMAN as they make their escape through the asylum’s secure records facility. These fast-moving foes will challenge all but the most practiced players, with quick reactions and expert timing needed to fend off wave upon wave of insane inmates, bent on taking down the DARK KNIGHT. In the ‘Nocturnal Hunter’ Invisible Predator map, players take on a wholly different approach, practicing their predatory skills to remain in the shadows, utilizing the Arkham watchtowers and Batman’s arsenal of gadgets to gain the upper hand on The Joker’s army of goons patrolling below.

The Insane Night Map Pack will be available from September 17th for PLAYSTATION3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and the soon to be released Games for Windows LIVE edition.

OBL infad3ll
09-14-2009, 11:05 PM
getting new characters to play as would be awesome. like (cough) joker!!

Unreal
09-17-2009, 02:47 PM
The new challenge pack are up on live for anyone that is interested.

Dan 140
09-17-2009, 08:06 PM
cool beans

Variation-XBA
09-17-2009, 09:49 PM
anyone tried em yet? Downloaded it, just havn't had time to test em out.

bdavid81
09-18-2009, 12:42 PM
They are in queue to download, but 360 is down in the rec room right now, and no Live connection there. I'll be checking 'em out once I bring it up in my room again.