PDA

View Full Version : ODST: Midnight Release?

sw0rdfish-XBA
09-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Who's hitting up a midnight release tonight?

I just found out that the store I pre-ordered at is NOT opening at midnight, they were supposed to call and inform us... and didn't. Time for a new EB I think.

Anyway, I might hit the event downtown Toronto tonight, or there's an EB around the corner that is opening at Midnight, they might have some extra, and then I'll have to sell my extra copy ( cuz I want the CE ) to someone else.

Anyway, what are your plans? Are you excited? Could care less?

Shawn-XBA
09-21-2009, 01:49 PM
I wish I could pick it up, unfortunately I'll be working at midnight. I won't have mine until Tuesday afternoon, but at least I'm off of work from Tuesday - Thursday. I'll be playing pretty much non-stop all three days.

wicked_d365
09-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Could care less?

Got it right there.
My neighbor said he's going to the release. I plan on just borrowing his or doing co-op with him.

IGN just put out their review. 9.0 Not bad.
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/852871/bungie-project-2/videos/haloodst_vdr_091909.html

sw0rdfish-XBA
09-21-2009, 02:13 PM
I expect more of Halo 3, with a little bit of a story push. Firefight is definitely the part I'm most excited about. I love playing Horde, and that in the Halo world has me totally stoked.

I just found another store open at Midnight... going to move my pre-order this afternoon :P

LINKINPARK8591
09-21-2009, 02:15 PM
i'll probably end up just picking it up later in the week.

Variation-XBA
09-21-2009, 06:20 PM
My EB isn't doing a midnight and work didn't send me my copy...so I have to play it tomorrow :(

oddjob428
09-21-2009, 08:01 PM
I was hoping that you could play all the halo 3 multiplayer maps with the new weapons of ODST (suppressed smg & pistol) but I don't think you can. Still looking forward to the game, I think it will be a fresh experience.

sw0rdfish-XBA
09-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Nah they're keeping it the same MP as Halo 3... It's actually pretty smart. Why split the user base? Add some maps, add some flash... same huge user base.

Unreal
09-21-2009, 10:38 PM
I am just waiting till EB opens in the morning to pick mine up. I am on afternoons this week. So I can't really play it till the weekend anyway :(

sw0rdfish-XBA
09-21-2009, 10:44 PM
In line now. Maybe 30 ppl here. Not so big. Guess we're all growing out of this or something?

Variation-XBA
09-21-2009, 11:14 PM
In line now. Maybe 30 ppl here. Not so big. Guess we're all growing out of this or something?

It's not really that. It's not Halo 4, and you aren't Master Chief... also, look around, see any Halo advertising? Nope.

sw0rdfish-XBA
09-22-2009, 12:33 AM
I dunno man, I think they pimped it pretty hard...

Anyway, I've had about an hour with it and it's just as awesome as I'd hoped...

gonna get some sleep and rock it all day tomorrow while I "work"

Variation-XBA
09-22-2009, 01:22 AM
I dunno man, I think they pimped it pretty hard...

Anyway, I've had about an hour with it and it's just as awesome as I'd hoped...

gonna get some sleep and rock it all day tomorrow while I "work"

You look pretty sick to me, better call in

sw0rdfish-XBA
09-22-2009, 01:30 AM
You look pretty sick to me, better call in
I totally plan on staying home :P

Variation-XBA
09-22-2009, 09:13 AM
I totally plan on staying home :P

Good man :) I've taught you well :cool:

EMX
09-22-2009, 09:35 AM
I originally had no intention of getting this game. But after seeing this thread, watching the IGN review, and missing the good old Halo days, I may just pick this one up.

bdavid81
09-22-2009, 09:37 AM
I grabbed the game yesterday, but haven't actually tried it out yet. Watched Star Trek (2009) DVD last night, and preparing for a job interview (phone interview) that I am having in under 2 hours. After that, I'll probably pop in ODST and try it out.

sw0rdfish-XBA
09-22-2009, 09:45 AM
I grabbed the game yesterday, but haven't actually tried it out yet. Watched Star Trek (2009) DVD last night, and preparing for a job interview (phone interview) that I am having in under 2 hours. After that, I'll probably pop in ODST and try it out.
Good luck on the interview!

bdavid81
09-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Good luck on the interview!

Thanks, 15 more minutes before they call. :) Part of me doesn't want the job as it's a crappy job, but part does as I need work ASAP, and its $15 hourly with full medical/dental/optical benefits on the first day, and I want a full cleaning at my dentist as well. Apparently massages are included too, so might try that out. ;)

Kiddingo
09-22-2009, 12:02 PM
I got ODST at midnight, a few of my friends came over and we LAN'd until about 8:00am... It was awesome.

Unreal
09-22-2009, 12:33 PM
I got ODST at midnight, a few of my friends came over and we LAN'd until about 8:00am... It was awesome.
Every time I see your name I feel like I met / posted on another forum you were on :p

Kiddingo
09-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Every time I see your name I feel like I met / posted on another forum you were on :p

Cloudchaser :cool:

bdavid81
09-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Finally tried out ODST about an hour ago. Jumped into the campaign, since it's still not back in my room with the ethernet cable, but I wasn't that impressed. I went far enough in the first missing to get the 5 training achievements. HALO & HALO 3's campaigns got me right away... but this is feeling like HALO 2 which I didn't care for overall.

Unreal
09-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Cloudchaser :cool:
I thought so :cheers:

sw0rdfish-XBA
09-23-2009, 12:30 AM
You didn't get far enough...

We co-oped through it and I really enjoyed it... Firefight is definitely where the money is though. It's awesome!

Kiddingo
09-26-2009, 12:20 AM
It's amazing how ill informed people are about this game, I was playing with on of my friends and he invited some dude to our game. The whole time the guy was *****ing how the story wasn't that long and that there was according to him supposed to be a completely new multiplayer versus mode that was left out....

The only real flaw to this game is that there is no matchmaking system for Fire Fight. If anyone wants to stress the need for this go here: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=33502091&viewreplies=true&postRepeater1-p=1

Variation-XBA
09-26-2009, 02:49 AM
The only real flaw to this game is that there is no matchmaking system for Fire Fight. If anyone wants to stress the need for this go here: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=33502091&viewreplies=true&postRepeater1-p=1

I have to disagree. I wouldn't want to play Firefight with random scrubs with no microphone for an hour+.

I go more in depth with the review here:

http://www.xboxaddict.com/Staff-Review/13177/Halo-3:-ODST-.html

Kiddingo
09-26-2009, 10:01 AM
^ It tends worked out ok with both Vegas(t-hunt) games and Gears. I've met quite a few ninja's that way. Extra options are never a bad thing.

Variation-XBA
09-26-2009, 11:15 AM
^ It tends worked out ok with both Vegas(t-hunt) games and Gears. I've met quite a few ninja's that way. Extra options are never a bad thing.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but just like in gears, it usually doesn't work as well with randoms as it does with friends, trying to make that perfect group.

Just my opinion.

wicked_d365
09-26-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but just like in gears, it usually doesn't work as well with randoms as it does with friends, trying to make that perfect group.

Just my opinion.

For real, I've tried playing Horde with random people on Live and it sucks. Either they don't have or won't use their mics, and the ones that do just want to sing or talk smack the whiole time. Garbage.