PDA

View Full Version : Brutal Legend Demo Live Now

wicked_d365
09-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Double Fine and EA have released their demo for the much delayed Brutal Legend today.
Brutal Legend follows the story of Eddie Riggs, voiced by Jack Black, who is transported to a world where metal music rules all. Eddie must help save this world for the evil demons trying to take over, with the help of his trusty axe, Clementine and loyal roadies.

Brutal Legend is created by Tim Schafer, creator of Psychonauts, and releases worldwide Rocktober 13th.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ddf0001-0000-4000-8000-0000454188bb

Pre-order at Gamestop for an exclusive Tenacious D in game guitar.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=73463

WickedPT
09-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Cool...downloading it now

Variation-XBA
09-24-2009, 07:10 PM
Going to try it as well :)

WillyV2
09-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Definitely going to try it out... Been wanting to play this for a while.

Bakeman
09-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Downloaded and tried it.
I like the humor in the game... I was laughing throughout the demo.
The demo was okay just because it's the first level and it's linear... from what I've read after that the game opens up.

So gives you a nice taste of the humor in the game and the simple game mechanics.

And it's JACK BLACK! He is freaking hilarious! I actually don't like some of his movies (nacho libre, pick of destiny, are the two that stand out the most), but when it comes to Jack Black and music.. he knows his stuff.

I love the options for profanity and gore...

Kiddingo
09-25-2009, 01:34 AM
The demo is awesome. I may get this instead of renting/borrowing it. The music is great, the dialog is funny and most importantly the gameplay is tight.

Unreal
09-25-2009, 11:34 AM
The demo is awesome. I may get this instead of renting/borrowing it. The music is great, the dialog is funny and most importantly the gameplay is tight.
Listen to this guy. He knows what he is talking about :cheers: I am buying the game day one.

Kiddingo
09-25-2009, 10:49 PM
I need to send you a friend request.

wicked_d365
09-26-2009, 09:08 AM
This game is awesome. The story is better than I thought it was going to be, the humor is great, and I love the options for the blood and language, just great.
The gameplay is smooth, just a little button mashing. The driving could use some touches, but other than that no big complaints. I will atleast rent this.

bdavid81
09-29-2009, 01:27 AM
Logged onto Live today after almost 2 weeks, and grabbed the demo along with Batman content, Forza 3 demo, etc. Just finished playing it, and I'm impressed. Good tutorial system, fun and theme-fitting attacks, likeable characters, and Jack Black... can't get much better than him for a voice actor in this type of game. :) Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaah!

El Grave
10-05-2009, 07:42 AM
Loved the demo, gonna love the full game even more! Been waiting ages for this game, can't wait for next week!