PDA

View Full Version : SOUND GLITCH in NFS: Shift or Xbox360 system???

Bakeman
10-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Okay so I have a brand new Xbox 360 Elite, less then year old Vizio TV, and a brand new Phillips HDMI Cable.

I have never expeirenced this issue I'm having until I was playing NFS: Shift... in the middle of the race all sounds cut out.. I try to turn on/off the speakers but that doesn't help. But neither does exiting the game.. So when I'm at the dashboard there is still no sound. I've tried unplugging the HDMI cable and plug it back in... still nothing... turning off then on the xbox is the only time the sound comes back.

So is there an issue with the Xbox itself or the game?? I can't imagine it being the game due to the fact when I leave the game there is still no sound... BUT it has only cut out while playing NFS... so weird that it wouldn't happen while playing another game.

wicked_d365
10-06-2009, 04:53 PM
I remember this happening to me once while playing and I said, whatever, I'm going to finish this race. NOT! the game said, it froze up on me after that.
It did it again and I had to reload the game from the dash for it to work.

I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue, but the freezing seems to be common.
Are you playing off the disk or do you have it installed on the HD?
I've heard the installs have the freezing issues.
http://forums.xbox.com/29349082/ShowPost.aspx

Bakeman
10-06-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm playing off disc...
yeah no freezing issues... just this strange sound issue.

EDIT: Grrr happened again just now :(

Chaotic
10-06-2009, 05:40 PM
I haven't had those issues at all.. With that said, have you guys played it online, if so how is it?

wicked_d365
10-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Got me Bake, I'd start a thread on the xbox forums or the NFS ones.

Chaotic, no, I didn't get to try online, but I hear it's good. I was out of town the weekend I played it with no internet.

Variation-XBA
10-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Try and install the game on the HDD and see if it still does it. No idea though why, that's odd

Bakeman
10-07-2009, 11:45 AM
I haven't played it online yet either.

Yeah looks like I'll have to go higher up and see if I can get some answers.. thanks :)

I got NBA 2k10 last night.. spent a good hour and half playing last night, and another 30 minutes this morning.. no problems.

I think I will install it to the HD today and play some.