PDA

View Full Version : MS cracking down on modded consoles

wicked_d365
10-31-2009, 09:28 AM
Got a modded console? Playing pirated games? Beware. Microsoft is swinging the banhammer on them as of late.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/1040853p1.html

I know a couple of people who have been banned.

Variation-XBA
10-31-2009, 12:16 PM
Good, they deserve it

Ohsay
11-01-2009, 11:55 AM
I read that link, but i just want your opinion, if (IF) i had a blue light inside my xbox, that basically counts as being modded, but are MS only banning modded consoles that are playing pirated games?

OBL infad3ll
11-01-2009, 08:03 PM
lololol like 13 people got banned on my friends list today. what scrubs :rofl:

l Maximus l
11-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Seriously, I understand that there are idiots out there that pirate games and stuff, but, I have some seriously strong moral issues against crap like that. I work my ass off...and I buy games legitimately...it's the normal way of doing things.

Good for Microsoft...too bad they can't figure out a way to fry the modded XBoxes...oh well...

LINKINPARK8591
11-02-2009, 02:38 AM
those that get banned deserve it enough said.......

wicked_d365
11-02-2009, 09:07 AM
I read that link, but i just want your opinion, if (IF) i had a blue light inside my xbox, that basically counts as being modded, but are MS only banning modded consoles that are playing pirated games?

You shouldn't have anything to worry about if thats the only mod you have. They are cracking down on people playing pirarted games and using mods that can effect games.
Your console does count as a modded unit to Microsoft, which means they won't work on for free if something breaks. You would have to pay them.
The only console mods I know they can catch are the internal fans the mount on the heatsink. They can see the temp drop and power drain.

SamSmith
11-02-2009, 05:32 PM
You shouldn't have anything to worry about if thats the only mod you have. They are cracking down on people playing pirarted games and using mods that can effect games.
Your console does count as a modded unit to Microsoft, which means they won't work on for free if something breaks. You would have to pay them.
The only console mods I know they can catch are the internal fans the mount on the heatsink. They can see the temp drop and power drain.

Physical mods are different, and wouldn't be able to be detected.

Though, yes, they would probably void your warranty.