PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion can't activate Game of the Year add ons

jscharpf
01-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi,
My wife and son and I (yes all three of us are crazy lol) have been playing Oblivion for the last year or so and just last week we purchased the Game of the Year "add on" in order to get the extra levels.
The problem is that no matter what we do in either of our characters, we can't get any of the add ons to show up. We followed the instructions, installed with disc 2, then ran with disc 1. We did not have a hard drive before so we purchased one. We tried running off the hard drive and off the memory stick. We tried starting a new game completely (although neither of us want to give up our levels :)..

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas?

I tried the resting (several times, many days lol), tried going to the spot near Bravil (saw the island on youtube), tried finding some prophet in Anvil, etc. etc.. nothing. I don't have XBox live but I've heard about some updates. Is there any way to get updates without XBox live?

Also, since I added the update, I started to see weird things. For one, in Anvil I would here this bird constantly, loud and annoying, as if it was on a stuck track.. over and over.. this happened after we copied files to the hard drive and tried running off of that (it offers a choice when starting). Once I went back to the memory stick, then back to the hard drive, it was ok..
There were also some minor things that showed but I wasn't too worried about them. My wife and I love this game so we still enjoy it.

Is it easy to get hooked up to XBox live and would this help my problem? I've read somewhere about a patch but I don't know how that works without a PC or network connection.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

Jeff

wicked_d365
01-02-2010, 01:19 PM
It sounds like it may be an update problem. You need to get your Xbox online and get the updates for it to work. I don't know of any other way to get Microsoft updates on the Xbox with out Live.
Sorry. Hope you get your problem fixed.

Fargoth
01-02-2010, 01:58 PM
You can probably just sign up for a free silver account just for the updates. But yes it sounds like a problem fixed by updates.

Variation-XBA
01-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Yea, you can sign up and just use your silver account (though your first month will be free gold account) and get the updates, as that might fix the issues.

jscharpf
01-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the replies! I will look into getting online. My wife says no lol because she thinks that I already messed up our games by installing this add on. :)