PDA

View Full Version : Can i make an xbox 360 profile my live account

scozzard
01-11-2010, 08:10 PM
I have a profile that I've been using on my xbox 360, and have obtained and fair amount of points. I am setting up a live account and would like to turn the local profile into the live profile - is this possible?

I fear for losing my precious points

Fargoth
01-11-2010, 08:43 PM
I actually don't know I think you can change a profile account I have had live since Xbox original so I don't really know. And if the points transfer I'm not sure about that either...

HaZarD SFD
01-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Yes im sure you can register the profile on XBL. You just insted of playing offline go too your account and subscribe to live or input a code and instead of being a silver member profile its a gold profile.

Ainokeatoo
01-11-2010, 11:00 PM
I have a profile that I've been using on my xbox 360, and have obtained and fair amount of points. I am setting up a live account and would like to turn the local profile into the live profile - is this possible?

I fear for losing my precious points

Yes it is possible, though, you might not be able to have the same name online that you do offline.

wicked_d365
01-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Yes you can. I did it. I used this name offline for about a year before getting Live.
Just hookup your Xbox to the internet and connect to Live and fill out all the screens. As stated someone may already have your name, so you may have to pick another. Other than that you should have no problem. Look forward to seeing you around.

Vampero
01-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Yes you can make offline to a xboxlive account.

scozzard
01-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Ok cool thanks for all that :cheers:

I did try a the other night and whenever i got to the live signup screen I had to signout of my local profile to continue, hence doubts came into my mind. I didnt want to complete the live signup process before being sure about how to transfer the account first (the web seems quite low on resources regarding this).

scozzard
01-15-2010, 04:18 AM
went sweet, cheers for the answers - my gamertag is "scozzard" (so stoked it was available!)

Fargoth
01-15-2010, 08:21 AM
went sweet, cheers for the answers - my gamertag is "scozzard" (so stoked it was available!)

Nice! If you ever need an extra my Gamertag is Slikeer. Hit me up sometime.