PDA

View Full Version : MW2 Negative XP Glitch *BEWARE*

wicked_d365
01-19-2010, 03:01 PM
There is a hack in the Xbox 360 servers that is causing players to get negative XP for kills.

January 19, 2010 - Infinity Ward still has work to do with Modern Warfare 2.

According to several posters on the developer's official forums, a new hack for the game is going around on certain Xbox LIVE servers that gives players negative experience points for kills, which results in a drop in your rank.

A youtube clip has surfaced (spotted by Joystiq) showing the hack in action, which gives unsuspecting players -5,000,000 XP per kill.

"Me and my clan (SC) went into a game of HxC SnD, we found a group of tenth prestiges, we thought they were merely boosters, we were very wrong," one poster wrote.

"We knew something was wrong when they just waltzed out of their spawn in Highrise and let us kill them. After we won that round, they said 'AWW look at the level 1s' and we noticed..."

"Killing them made us LOSE xp.... we won the match because they ended it. Match Results: -899999453xp," the poster added.

It appears for now this hack is only widespread on Xbox 360 versions. We contacted Infinity Ward - have yet to hear back.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1061810p1.html

I will be staying off MW2 untill I hear about a fix. I will update as soon as i hear more.

Variation-XBA
01-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Why do people get their kicks being so ignorant and doing crap like that?

wicked_d365
01-19-2010, 03:37 PM
This was just posted on 360achievements.org

Infinity Ward's Rob Bowling has posted on his fourtwozero blog, a list of the various fixes on the way for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

The majority are hack fixes for the PC crowd, but some will be coming over to the PS3 version too. We've listed the PS3 and Xbox 360 updates below:

Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
Improved player collision removing cases of getting into geometry and ‘elevators’.
Fix to prevent various XP hacks, including the prevention of obtaining negative XP.
The patch will be coming shortly after the PC one, which is available now.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4208-Modern-Warfare-2-Patch-Brings-Loadsa-Fixes-To-War.html

It seems they know about it and are working a patch, it's already on the PC version, coming soon for 360 and PS3.

Can someone check IW's website and see what there saying? I can't here at work and would like an answer from the people themselves.

HaZarD SFD
01-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Im workin on single player campaign anyways. Veteran Completion.. so far congtingency is a total biatch to finish.. that 2min isnt enough to pass that last part.

OBL infad3ll
01-20-2010, 04:18 AM
man this game sure has a lot of issues with it. And it hasnt even been out for 3 months yet!

wicked_d365
01-20-2010, 08:06 AM
Im workin on single player campaign anyways. Veteran Completion.. so far congtingency is a total biatch to finish.. that 2min isnt enough to pass that last part.

I did my first play through on Veteren. I hated that level. What I did was run left behind the container and take out the first few people coming in the gate, then left on the other side of the fence, cut through the building and try to stay left, behind the big truck. Watch up top left, they will come down from there. Post up behind the truck for a sec and take out the ones running at you through the carport area, and the ones flanking right. Use a predator to take out the truck and group coming in then break left and haul a$$!
Took me about 15 mins of non-stop dying to get it, but I finished it.

Hope this helps.

HaZarD SFD
01-20-2010, 10:20 AM
I figured it out the easy way.. run right side hard the whole time.. stopin in cover and using the predator on upcoming areas for a clear run.. made it with 20sec left on the clock!

So far im at 800 GP for MW2.. hope to get all 1000 before I let the game go.

Dan 140
01-20-2010, 03:21 PM
well atleast i dont have to put up with some ***got noob running around the map with crappy care packages out, stupid ****s!

1000G from MW2 Whoooooooooo!!!!!
need any help, then im happy to assist

Pease out brothers! x

trebek_dkm
01-20-2010, 06:30 PM
I read this article on ign.com (negative glitch) and they were saying it might be a hoax. I hope it is. I am so f***ing sick of all these glitches first it was the javelon then unlimited ammo then getting kicked to private matches now people with care packages. When does it end? I don't remember W@W having this many problems. Maybe IW needs to get off their high horse and get some help. I am sorry to say I might be switching back to W@W. The level design is better on a majority of the maps in MP, and it's not full of cheaters.

Variation-XBA
01-20-2010, 07:21 PM
I read this article on ign.com (negative glitch) and they were saying it might be a hoax. I hope it is..

Nope, sadly it is real :(

Goku_69
01-21-2010, 06:00 PM
i haven't been on since the glitch with the unlimited rounds of m203

wicked_d365
02-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Patch is up. I just put in my MW2 and had an update.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4381-Modern-Warfare-2-Patched-Yet-Again.html

Enamelized420
02-12-2010, 09:18 PM
yeah another exploit in MW2 has now been addressed and patched up. Hoping that no others surface... good reason I've not been playing MP

FrankForce77
02-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Good god....I am heard of glitches and bugs and new games but it seems that MW2 has quite a bit. Has IW ever heard of Beta testing? Maybe they did beta testing but a piss poor job.....:cuss:

Vampero
02-14-2010, 03:55 PM
FIX IS OUT!!
http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox-360/news/care-package-drops.html