PDA

View Full Version : Metro 2033 anyone?

oddjob428
02-24-2010, 08:36 PM
I have been researching Metro 2033 and it's looking promising. I noticed Gamestop will give you $10.00 off the game if you pre-order. Is anyone planning on picking Metro up when it comes out in March?

Steeps5
02-24-2010, 09:36 PM
I thought it looked like a very interesting game, I'm gonna get it from gamefly but most likely not gonna buy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpaceGhost2K
02-24-2010, 10:49 PM
It's a great looking game, but it had some issues. VERY sparse currency and VERY labor intensive inventory management. I spent about 2.5 hours with the game.

Variation-XBA
02-25-2010, 12:30 AM
From what Kam wrote about it....seems meh to me

Ainokeatoo
02-25-2010, 02:44 AM
They're taking ten dollars off a game for a pre-order? I'll wait till it comes out, that does sound like a good offer, but it also sounds like the game might not be that great.

Steeps5
02-25-2010, 05:17 AM
They're taking ten dollars off a game for a pre-order? I'll wait till it comes out, that does sound like a good offer, but it also sounds like the game might not be that great.
Or they just haven't had enough advertising and they want people to buy it, cause the only place I've seen it is with the videos on XBL, don't think they've had any advertising

wicked_d365
02-25-2010, 07:18 AM
I will prob end up getting it on Gamefly. It looks ok to me. After hearing that $10 off deal makes me feel a little less interested. I'll keep an eye on the reviews.

Vampero
02-25-2010, 08:24 AM
I would have bought it on release if it was 2 player split screen co-op.Looks great!:cool:

Ainokeatoo
02-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Or they just haven't had enough advertising and they want people to buy it, cause the only place I've seen it is with the videos on XBL, don't think they've had any advertising

That wouldn't make any sense though, MAG a game I bought recently had what I saw, two commercials and I was charged full price. I dunno we'll see after the game comes out.

Steeps5
02-25-2010, 02:46 PM
That wouldn't make any sense though, MAG a game I bought recently had what I saw, two commercials and I was charged full price. I dunno we'll see after the game comes out.
Oh well like on the Internet i've seen a bunch of ads for MAG buy never Metro, well I have no idea =P

oddjob428
03-01-2010, 09:13 AM
It's a great looking game, but it had some issues. VERY sparse currency and VERY labor intensive inventory management. I spent about 2.5 hours with the game.

Are you going to write a review of the game? I'm going to check the reviews before I decide if to rent or buy. I haven't heard any details on the length of the game yet.

wicked_d365
03-01-2010, 09:52 AM

That's what I am hearing also. The currency is ammo. So if you buy a bunch of bullets for one gun, you lose bullets for another.
You also have no hud, you have to keep an eye on your watch as to how long you have been out and replace the filters for your gas mask often as they wear out over time and can cause you to die.

Seems like a decent concept. I'll give it a go eventually.

OBL infad3ll
03-16-2010, 11:39 PM
well, i was really amped for this game thinking it was going to be the game of the year contender, but i decided to wait till i see a used copy at gamestop that i can return if i dont like it. aslo read the ign UK review and they says its just another average FPS. 7.5 rating

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1077533p3.html

Variation-XBA
03-17-2010, 01:58 AM
Are you going to write a review of the game? I'm going to check the reviews before I decide if to rent or buy. I haven't heard any details on the length of the game yet.

We may be doing one for the frontpage, just not sure yet though