PDA

View Full Version : EA takes away online multiplayer for used games

wicked_d365
05-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Want to play Tiger Woods Tour 11 with your friends online? Then you and your friends have to buy the game new.

EA has a program now that will not give multiplayer to people without a one time use code that come in the game. You can still buy games used and play online, after you pay $10 to access that games multiplayer.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1088621p1.html

You know they are going to be doing this with all the other sport games too. Madden, NHL, NBA.
They are trying to cut into the used market and you can't blame them.

Even car manufacturares are trying to cut out the aftermartket. I work at Ford and we now have core charges on bumper covers so the aftermarket can't copy/fix them and resell them.

LINKINPARK8591
05-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Wow this just sucks........

Steeps5
05-11-2010, 03:51 PM
WOW, so rentals count for that too, that's really ridiculous, now there's no point to having gamefly.

Ainokeatoo
05-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Wow EA, this is worst than Item Shop MMO companies. Your games better be coming to me 20 dollars for now on, good job hurting the people still giving you money when the original owner decided it wasn't good enough to keep.

Someone has to boycott this, yeah mutliplayer isn't necessary, but really, this is the epitome of nickle and diming customers.

Update: That's okay after looking back, I've never bought an online game from EA anyways, and there are hundreds of people if not thousands that will never buy another one of their used games, at least none knowing that they'll have to pay another ten bucks to play online. Way to go EA, way to go Gamestop watch all those EA games rot on your shelves.

Vampero
05-11-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm sorry I understand their point too...Why should they spend millions on making a game and then gamestop sells a one week old used game for $54.99 and EA gets zero for the resale.I buy new, so this does not hurt me at all.:rolleyes:

Bakeman
05-11-2010, 08:27 PM
well that does suck... but they said you can sign up for a 7 day trial... so if you rent the game then you can still get online..

I understand why they are doing it.. kinda sucks for us, but I don't buy used games either so I don't care.

I did however call gamestop yesterday for a friend, to see if they had BC2.. 54.99 used.. wTf seriously haha 5 whole dollars... just wow! I'd rather buy a new one so it doesn't have any scratches on it.

Crispin III
05-11-2010, 08:40 PM
I have no problem with this, HOWEVER with all this extra money they plan on making, maybe they could release next year's nhl game with NO GLITCHES. Oh and update the servers. Multiplayer should work MOST of the time without lag or loss of connection.

Its a proper business move, but how about giving back to those who actually buy their glitchy broken crap year after year (like me) ?

Bakeman
05-11-2010, 08:51 PM
I have no problem with this, HOWEVER with all this extra money they plan on making, maybe they could release next year's nhl game with NO GLITCHES. Oh and update the servers. Multiplayer should work MOST of the time without lag or loss of connection.

Its a proper business move, but how about giving back to those who actually buy their glitchy broken crap year after year (like me) ?

agreed.. they better have better online service now.

Vampero
05-11-2010, 08:52 PM
well that does suck... but they said you can sign up for a 7 day trial... so if you rent the game then you can still get online..

I understand why they are doing it.. kinda sucks for us, but I don't buy used games either so I don't care.

I did however call gamestop yesterday for a friend, to see if they had BC2.. 54.99 used.. wTf seriously haha 5 whole dollars... just wow! I'd rather buy a new one so it doesn't have any scratches on it.

That is my point if I was EA or any game company...I would be doing the same thing because the used game market makes to much money.That is why people who buy new games have to pay so much because of the used game market!!:bang:;)