PDA

View Full Version : Red Dead Broken

Reclaimer
05-19-2010, 12:41 AM
What the hell is up with this game? The multiplayer mode has more glitches than Windows ME.
There was already a patch update but it did nothing that I noticed.
For instance:
Various parts of your character become invisible. You hat, your gun.. so on.
Then you become entirely invisible and so does your horse. Try calling for your invisible horse and then trying to figure out where it went.

So I did the midnight launch and played it at 1230AM with a bunch of my friends. Totally skipped the story, went right to free roam posse multiplayer.

Started having invisibility problems. That and we noticed that this morning and just now the posse leader can't see weapons and ammo crates. The posse can and show you exactly where it's supposed to be.. but the leader can't see it. We rotated the posse around a few times and noticed it was centralized to the whoever the leader was.

Now today it's server issues and randomly booting players. At no point did anyone of our 5 man posse was completely together. We always had one guy randomly dropped either from session or completely froze the Xbox.
Both happened to me.

You can tell when it's getting bad because the populated world starts getting a little smaller at a time and you notice gamer tags leaving and entering the session constantly.

Plus the invisible problem is map wide. XBL players who randomly come by you sometimes are invisible and all you see it the icon floating around.

I think it sucks that you are buying a 60 dollar "limited edition" game and it's broken from the get go.

Yes I know some developers patch games as they get released and games have glitches but this is some serious playability issues and the game isn't even 48 hours old.

Justin Bailey
05-19-2010, 12:46 AM
Just concentrate on the fantastic single player mode til they sort this out. I have faith in R* to fix the issues. Many retail games have had to be patched several times before they get it right. Hell, Gears of War 2 is STILL getting patches!

Symmetric-XBA
05-19-2010, 02:05 AM
The main point of that patch was to fix the issues gamers were having using a system link connection for multiplayer. I'm sure the issues will be adressed soon.

EHWfedPres
05-19-2010, 05:54 AM
I have only been playing single player, and that has been working just fine, except for a fer minor glitches here and there which all involved riding shotgun in a wagon. I just shot the horses and restarted the mission from the last checkpoint and everything was okay after that.

However, the Social Club won't let me log in. Has anyone been able to do that yet?

Vampero
05-19-2010, 07:26 AM
there are big problems with the mutiplayer...tired all night to play with friends in private free roam and it was a no go.Did they even beta test the online part with more than 1 person lol...:moody:

Ainokeatoo
05-19-2010, 10:43 AM
They really should have stress tested their servers if this is happening.