PDA

View Full Version : CryEngine 3

Steeps5
07-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Hopefully a lot of developers will pick this up and use it. The graphics are amazing on all three systems (360, PS3, and PC).

http://www.crytek.com/technology/cryengine-3/screenshots/

Symmetric-XBA
07-29-2010, 03:20 PM
I think this is gonna turn into a gaming paradise. There is going to be a free cryengine 3 released, however Epic has also made a free Unreal download. With developers now having some mammoth weapons at their disposal, i could easily see gaming take off to a whole new level.

SamSmith
08-06-2010, 06:49 AM
I want to see a back to the future game based on this engine.

Search back to the future / delorean along with cryengine and see why.

FrankForce77
08-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Can't wait to play Crysis 2 on my XBOX 360 and see what it looks like compared to the PC version. I am also glad to see the Cryengie 3 to be released free as this gives dev's a new engine to make games with. We should see some awesome new games with this engine!

Steeps5
08-06-2010, 11:40 AM
It's hard to decide whether to get the 360 version or the PC version. Right now I'm playing Crysis on almost all high settings with two of them on Very High. It does look really awesome on there too.

Justin Bailey
08-08-2010, 02:53 PM
It's hard to decide whether to get the 360 version or the PC version. Right now I'm playing Crysis on almost all high settings with two of them on Very High. It does look really awesome on there too.

no, its really not hard at all. If you have a capable computer, the PC version will completely blow away the 360 version. Its also a GFWL so that means the 360 controller will be fully compatable.

Variation-XBA
08-08-2010, 03:52 PM
no, its really not hard at all. If you have a capable computer, the PC version will completely blow away the 360 version. Its also a GFWL so that means the 360 controller will be fully compatable.

Achievements/Xbox Live > graphics

Justin Bailey
08-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Achievements/Xbox Live > graphics

Considering how lackluster the MP has been in every single crytek game, I don't see Crysis 2 suddenly being a destination for MP gamers over the COD's or Halo's of the world. Crysis 2 won't even sniff the top 5, mark my words.

Second, the main feature of Crysis IS the graphics and physics, that's what made the first game stand out and this looks to be no different. Otherwise its simply just another shooter.

Third, mods.... you can't have them on xbox. Crysis had an unbelievable amount of great mods and I fully expect the community to come out with some amazing stuff. This to me is the best reason to get the PC version over the console versions.

As far as achievements go, considering you have a rather low score, seems to me that achievements aren't really that important to you. Not really sure why that would be a factor in wanting to buy a game anyway unless you are an achievement whore (which you aren't)

Variation-XBA
08-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Considering how lackluster the MP has been in every single crytek game, I don't see Crysis 2 suddenly being a destination for MP gamers over the COD's or Halo's of the world. Crysis 2 won't even sniff the top 5, mark my words. I never said it would crack the top 5. But multiplayer to me is infinately more fun on LIVE with my friends rather than on PC.

Second, the main feature of Crysis IS the graphics and physics, that's what made the first game stand out and this looks to be no different. Otherwise its simply just another shooter. It had some different mechanics, and some of us look beyond graphics to determine if the game si good or not.

Third, mods.... you can't have them on xbox. Crysis had an unbelievable amount of great mods and I fully expect the community to come out with some amazing stuff. This to me is the best reason to get the PC version over the console versions. Not everyone cares about this. I don't for this game or the other PC games I have.

As far as achievements go, considering you have a rather low score, seems to me that achievements aren't really that important to you. Not really sure why that would be a factor in wanting to buy a game anyway unless you are an achievement whore (which you aren't)

I'm not an achievement whore, but I do base some game purchases on achievements and Live. FF13 was the perfect example. I took the 360 version over ps3 cause of achievements. And because my score is below a certain number it's low? weird, I seem to be 7th for score of XBA

Steeps5
08-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Graphics beat all in my opinion =)

Justin Bailey
08-08-2010, 10:09 PM
I never said it would crack the top 5. But multiplayer to me is infinately more fun on LIVE with my friends rather than on PC.

It had some different mechanics, and some of us look beyond graphics to determine if the game si good or not.

Not everyone cares about this. I don't for this game or the other PC games I have.

I'm not an achievement whore, but I do base some game purchases on achievements and Live. FF13 was the perfect example. I took the 360 version over ps3 cause of achievements. And because my score is below a certain number it's low? weird, I seem to be 7th for score of XBA

I don't determine a games worth based on graphics alone, I merely stated that Crysis is KNOWN for its groundbreaking graphics and physics engine, not revolutionary gameplay.

Crysis is a truly beautiful game and had it not been for the cryengine, the game wouldn't be anything special. The physics/graphics are what make Crysis stand out from the crowd. So in the case of this game, the graphics ARE very important to the gameplay.

Mods, well if you're not into them then that's a personal choice, however the fact remains that you can't do them on xbox, thus making the PC version "better" in that regard as well.

ps - 45k after 5 years is pretty weak. perhaps on this site its considered high, but worldwide your not even in the top 50k. So yes, your score is low for a hardcore gamer. So bringing the achievement arguement into this is weaksauce. You bring up the point about graphics<gameplay but then mention achievements as being a selling point :rofl:

Unreal
08-09-2010, 02:06 AM
I love First Person Shooters. So I will definitely keep an eye on Crysis 2.

Variation-XBA
08-09-2010, 02:10 AM
ps - 45k after 5 years is pretty weak. perhaps on this site its considered high, but worldwide your not even in the top 50k. So yes, your score is low for a hardcore gamer. So bringing the achievement arguement into this is weaksauce. You bring up the point about graphics<gameplay but then mention achievements as being a selling point :rofl:

I didn't say I was winning any competitions or played every game for 1000. I don't think I have any games 1000/1000 actually, but I do get/play games to try and get them and strive for quite a few of them.

So because I have a 'low' gamerscore, that means that achievements can't be a motivating factor for me and others to choose the 360 version over the pc version?

Unreal
08-09-2010, 02:18 AM
So because I have a 'low' gamerscore, that means that achievements can't be a motivating factor for me and others to choose the 360 version over the pc version?
That's the one downside to achievements. If your score is higher then the person making the argument. You have no life. If your score is lower then theirs your no good. IMO if you are half decent at playing games you can beat most within a week. I promised myself this gen that I would beat or try to beat everything I bought because last gen was such a waste of money. I purchased 133 Xbox games and I beat maybe 20 :(

Justin Bailey
08-09-2010, 02:52 AM
I didn't say I was winning any competitions or played every game for 1000. I don't think I have any games 1000/1000 actually, but I do get/play games to try and get them and strive for quite a few of them.

of course they can be a motivating factor, I was simply giving my reasons why the PC version is the version to get if you have a capable computer. You are attempting to defend the 360 version as the version to get and to me, achievements are a really weak argument and this is coming from someone who actually DOES buy/rent games just for achievements.

the original poster that I was responding to basically said he didn't know which version to get and imo the PC version is going to be superior to both console versions. This is a fact openly admitted by Cevat Yerli, so its not like I'm spouting off bs here.

In the end it will come down to personal preference and there's certainly nothing wrong with choosing the console versions if that's your thing. But for me, I like to use all my consoles and my PC, choosing to go with the best version available :)

Steeps5
08-09-2010, 08:20 AM
I think it's funny how Crysis right now is STILL the benchmark for graphics even though it came out in 2007 lol. All videos I see of new graphics cards and their performance are always using Crysis to compare frame rates and visuals.

I do have to add that the multiplayer in Crysis is not very good at all. I played like two matches and gave up on it. I like the singleplayer much, much better. So I've pretty much decided that I would rather have the PC version, now the decision is whether or not to buy the Collector's Edition (because that would be awesome to have. :confused:

SamSmith
08-09-2010, 11:55 AM
I recently completed splinter-cell on my PC, playing it at full - I have to say, there was some fairly incredible scenes as far as realism goes.

Very good engine. It's the new 'Unreal' one I believe.