PDA

View Full Version : Dead Space 2 MP trailer!!!

RalliArtEvo
09-11-2010, 04:12 AM
Click Here (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-multiplayer-dead-space-2/704322)

I'm totally in Halo mode right now, but seeing this has me REALLY excited for next year. Dead Space is my favorite new IP and I expect great things out of the sequal.:cool:

Symmetric-XBA
09-11-2010, 04:28 AM
Click Here (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-multiplayer-dead-space-2/704322)

I'm totally in Halo mode right now, but seeing this has me REALLY excited for next year. Dead Space is my favorite new IP and I expect great things out of the sequal.:cool:

lol no kidding right? theres a wave of a TON of amazing games starting in Jan. that will be covering all of 2011! lol

RalliArtEvo
09-11-2010, 04:29 AM
so what did you think of the MP mode they showed off?

Symmetric-XBA
09-11-2010, 04:38 AM
honestly you may not like what i have to say but it doesn't look like anything new ya know? granted yeah the mp is new for the game itself, however couldn't we do something similar in l4d? Now thats not to say its bad, but I hope that great care is taken now to ensure that this doesn't lead to bad things for the series. I thought Dead Space was great as a single player experience, now w/ multiplayer i hope it doesn't go downhill.

RalliArtEvo
09-11-2010, 05:06 AM
honestly you may not like what i have to say but it doesn't look like anything new ya know? granted yeah the mp is new for the game itself, however couldn't we do something similar in l4d? Now thats not to say its bad, but I hope that great care is taken now to ensure that this doesn't lead to bad things for the series. I thought Dead Space was great as a single player experience, now w/ multiplayer i hope it doesn't go downhill.

How is that a bad thing though? Thats like saying "Halo has slayer but haven't we already done that in quake"? lol you see my point? Personally I think this sort of VS mode should work perfectly for Dead Space and seems to be something very different from your standard deathmatch mode.

Anyway, I understand what you mean about the SP suffering, but I HIGHLY doubt that they are gonna mess the whole series up by adding some MP modes. If anything it will add more value to the game (provided the MP is worth playing) because lets face it, Dead Space was an amazing ride, but once its over, its over.

Perhaps once they show more we'll have a better understanding of what the MP will include. But for now, I'm really excited at the prospect of teaming up to take down some Necromorphs :cool:

Variation-XBA
09-11-2010, 02:12 PM
It looks interesting, but I'll have to wait till I actually try it to pass judgement. I'm kinda with Sym here on this one.

RalliArtEvo
09-12-2010, 09:27 AM
It looks interesting, but I'll have to wait till I actually try it to pass judgement. I'm kinda with Sym here on this one.

How is adding MP suddenly gonna make the single player suffer? Its simply an added mode, they never said they were focusing all there efforts of MP and SP is an afterthought. I honestly can't figure out what the issue is here....

Variation-XBA
09-12-2010, 11:12 AM
How is adding MP suddenly gonna make the single player suffer? Its simply an added mode, they never said they were focusing all there efforts of MP and SP is an afterthought. I honestly can't figure out what the issue is here....

I don't think SP will suffer because of the addition of MP, I'm just worried it's gunna be like bioshock 2 where it's just generic

RalliArtEvo
09-12-2010, 11:53 AM
I don't think SP will suffer because of the addition of MP, I'm just worried it's gunna be like bioshock 2 where it's just generic

could be, but only 2 games have done a coop style vs mode like this (singularity and l4d2) Guess we'll just have to see how it plays in the end, but I'm personally excited to fight necromorphs with some buddies. :cheers:

Symmetrics Love
09-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Im just playing through dead space now, and I love it... Dead space 2 doesn't look a whole lot different except for the MP. Im sure i'll give it a try but not so sure if i'll buy it.