PDA

View Full Version : Red Ring Of Death! Pt. 2

CarGuy
05-04-2011, 08:47 PM
My 360 died tonight. Just moments ago a game froze, I powered it down, powered back up and got the three blinking lights. :cry:

What are my options now? I had it repaired under warranty about 3 years ago and I imagine it isn't under warranty anymore. Do I pay for repair from Microsoft? 3rd party? Should I just by a new 360? If I do buy a new console, how will I transfer the data from my old HD? WTF?

This all seems like a pain in the ass. What's the quickest way to get a new console and what's the most economical? What should I know?

:cry:

Symmetric-XBA
05-04-2011, 10:37 PM
well calling xbox and seeing about a repair is prob. going to be your cheapest way out of this situation. Granted it may not be the quickest, but it will prob. be the cheapest. Other options include purchasing a used/new arcade system which you can just put your HD on to the new system and away you go, but it's still costing you money out of pocket.

laughs
05-04-2011, 10:51 PM
When mine died, I just bought a new one (without a HD)... And attached my old HD to the new one. I initially tried to fix the broken one, but after a few hours I gave up and went all Dexter on it. The only surviving piece (my trophy) was the original faceplate. I keep it hidden in my air conditioner.

Steeps5
05-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Having Microsoft repair it is definitely the most expensive way. I've heard it's at $120 unless they've changed it.

Variation-XBA
05-05-2011, 09:55 AM
If it isn't under its warranty anymore, then grab a new one. Repair will cost half anyways.

SteveLV702
05-06-2011, 07:29 PM
I would get the xbox slim doesn't suffer from same problem just repair your you'll be paying for repair again in a few months

CarGuy
05-08-2011, 10:58 AM
I would get the xbox slim doesn't suffer from same problem just repair your you'll be paying for repair again in a few months

I did the towel trick because intend to buy an xbox slim. The "towel trick" worked and I've played for a few hours already. I'll post when it finally dies if in fact this trick is temporary.

Steeps5
05-08-2011, 11:25 PM

I did the towel trick because intend to buy an xbox slim. The "towel trick" worked and I've played for a few hours already. I'll post when it finally dies if in fact this trick is temporary.

Ok then lol. Just don't expect it to last long, you're seriously overheating the circuits inside when doing it. It can reach temperatures of over 200 degrees that way.

laughs
05-09-2011, 12:42 AM

Be careful you don't burn your house down.

biggav4000
05-09-2011, 12:58 PM
This won,t last long.I suggest you buy a new ,or good second hand slim xbox 360 and,if you take your exsisting HD and remove its case, it slots into the slim no problem.:cheers: