PDA

View Full Version : Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Symmetric-XBA
01-16-2012, 04:19 AM
Has anyone here seen anything on this upcoming game?? imo this has a chance to become the 2012 game of the year! A massive team of top quality talent is behind the development of this game. Is this on anyone's radar?? It's only a couple of weeks away!

Timmy Bauer
01-16-2012, 05:03 AM
I'm waiting for it. I should finish Skyrim this week, and then I'm ready for this.

Unfortunately in Europe the super-cool limited US edition won't be available (and I've just seen a copy on ebay sold for $ 600!)... :crying:

Symmetric-XBA
01-16-2012, 05:24 AM
I'm waiting for it. I should finish Skyrim this week, and then I'm ready for this.

Unfortunately in Europe the super-cool limited US edition won't be available (and I've just seen a copy on ebay sold for $ 600!)... :crying:

wow thats crazy! I'm pissed I missed out on the $275 bundle, but thankfully I was able to pick up one of the 700 collector's editions for a hefty $220. I was thinking of picking up a regular copy of the game to open and just leaving this edtion sealed.

How's your skyrim coming along??? Only a couple weeks to go b4 this drops!!!!!!!!

Symmetric-XBA
01-16-2012, 05:29 AM
be careful though b/c there are ebay sellers offering up auctions such as this:

Kingdom of Amalur ripoff (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kingdoms-Amalur-Reckoning-Xbox-360-2012-/140675498604?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item20c0e9c26c)

which is b.s. b/c you can still order the sig. edt. and w/ release day delivery it comes to $95 total. or you could spend an extra $60 and pick it up from the person's ebay auction.

Variation-XBA
01-16-2012, 11:51 AM
be careful though b/c there are ebay sellers offering up auctions such as this:

Kingdom of Amalur ripoff (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kingdoms-Amalur-Reckoning-Xbox-360-2012-/140675498604?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item20c0e9c26c)

which is b.s. b/c you can still order the sig. edt. and w/ release day delivery it comes to $95 total. or you could spend an extra $60 and pick it up from the person's ebay auction.

I wouldn't expect anything else from Ebay people though

Timmy Bauer
01-16-2012, 05:01 PM
How's your skyrim coming along???

Skyrim is done: 1000/1000!!!

And tomorrow the Amalur's demo will be ready to download.
Playing it (the demo, I mean) we should unlock some Mass Effect 3 content, and some KoA content.

Playing the ME3 demo we'll unlock additional KoA content.
This is the marketing I like!

Symmetric-XBA
01-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Skyrim is done: 1000/1000!!!

And tomorrow the Amalur's demo will be ready to download.
Playing it (the demo, I mean) we should unlock some Mass Effect 3 content, and some KoA content.

Playing the ME3 demo we'll unlock additional KoA content.
This is the marketing I like!

Good job man grabbing that 1000 in Skyrim!!! Yeah that cross marketing promotion is a great thing, esp. when you are talking about these two games!

Ainokeatoo
01-20-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm not ecstatic over this, it's a good game, but I'm not getting a GoTY vibe off of this. It's not a must-have for me, it is a good game, well built. The game has some very obvious graphical bugs and glitches, though it is just a demo, so I'll hold my opinions of it off until it releases. But I'm just not feeling it with this game.

Variation-XBA
01-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Got it downloaded, just need to pry myself away from swtor to give it a try (and my my ME3 things)

Ainokeatoo
01-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Got it downloaded, just need to pry myself away from swtor to give it a try (and my my ME3 things)

lol You actually get a really nice set of ME3 armor fashioned after the armor seen at the title screen (the guy fighting the dragon thing) along with a rifle of some sort, but you have to complete a full 45 minutes. It's a cool little game.

Unreal
01-20-2012, 11:13 PM
I liked the demo but I am holding out for impressions on the final release.

The Mattbox
01-22-2012, 05:56 PM
All I kept thinking throughout the whole demo was - FABLE! Everything about it was a constant reminder of the game;

- attacks
- looting
- chests
- characters
- faces
- items

Then, they added Mass Effect like narrative. Once you get in to the free roam, it begins to look like Kameo. I levelled up and thought this is nothing new. There isn't enough here to make this anywhere close to a Elder Scrolls beater.

I did the power up thing where you press LB & RB and was stuck in a monster...couldn't move and was nearly forced to restart until some guy spoke to me. There is a little pause after you mash the X button a number of times, that got me hurt, that will get annoying when fighting off a large group. Then when I was getting some vail with some guy, I was attacking some sprites and the game froze, controller vibrating non-stop and no fix. **** IT.

I also got a "Too Human" feeling from the game. I won't be buying it for a good while. Until its in the £10 range at least. Far to much to play and frankly I'm not impressed with what I played.

Its closer to a Fable beater than even being in the same league as Elder Scrolls.

Symmetric-XBA
01-23-2012, 04:06 AM
All I kept thinking throughout the whole demo was - FABLE! Everything about it was a constant reminder of the game;

- attacks
- looting
- chests
- characters
- faces
- items

Then, they added Mass Effect like narrative. Once you get in to the free roam, it begins to look like Kameo. I levelled up and thought this is nothing new. There isn't enough here to make this anywhere close to a Elder Scrolls beater.

I did the power up thing where you press LB & RB and was stuck in a monster...couldn't move and was nearly forced to restart until some guy spoke to me. There is a little pause after you mash the X button a number of times, that got me hurt, that will get annoying when fighting off a large group. Then when I was getting some vail with some guy, I was attacking some sprites and the game froze, controller vibrating non-stop and no fix. **** IT.

I also got a "Too Human" feeling from the game. I won't be buying it for a good while. Until its in the £10 range at least. Far to much to play and frankly I'm not impressed with what I played.

Its closer to a Fable beater than even being in the same league as Elder Scrolls.

I hear what you're sayin about it seems like Fable and to me it smashes anything that Fable could ever do. There will be bugs in demos, thats why it's a demo and not a retail product, but you're right there's nothing new in the combat layout, in fact you could say that about a lot of games so i don't know really where you are going with that.

This game isn't supposed to be an Elder Scrolls beater, however, the team making this game has done a far better job than some AAA companies. I can't wait to see how the story develops and imo this is going to be a massive sleeper contender for GOTY. The customization and level progress is done beautifully and on top of that the world itself is huge so there is a TON of massive potential for this game. Plus when you add in the fact that this game could easily be a 40-60+ hour game and that there are multiple endings and character choices to alter the plotlines, the value for money is undeniable here. lol I'm so hyped for this game I actually dropped another $220 on a 2nd collectors edt.

The Mattbox
01-23-2012, 05:04 AM
When in development, the company said they were taking the best bits of RPG's and bringing them to this game. I was listing what bits I could see, from other games.

I've read on several websites that this is meant to be a challenge to Elder Scrolls. One of the lead designers, who's name escapes me, worked on both too.

I won't be buying it, I didn't enjoy it. Got very bored and I honestly preferred Fable, from what I've played anyway. The Idea of a Demo is to give gamers a chance to taste and help decide if they want to fork out £40/$60 for it on day 1, to bad I don't!

I got my ME3 stuff though! After having to play through the 45mins twice, thanks to it freezing -.-

Fargoth
01-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Sorry my entire focus is on mass effect 3 right now. I'm going to play the demo, but we'll seeeeeeeeeeee

Symmetrics Love
02-03-2012, 05:52 PM
I enjoyed the demo... I got my copy pre ordered.

Fargoth
02-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Demo wasn't bad at all I liked it. Not sure if this poor college kid can buy it quite yet..

Variation-XBA
02-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Just starting it now and going to write a review for it, so all you can know if it's worthy or not!

Shadow20002
02-07-2012, 02:51 PM
I have played it...seems to look a lot like Fable but 10x better.

Variation-XBA
02-07-2012, 06:08 PM
It's interesting so far. I'm going straight melee. I'm finding it hard to combo with different attacks, where it was fluid with Fable, maybe I haven't learned the timing yet.

Story is decent so far

Variation-XBA
02-09-2012, 12:50 AM
So my game glitched out and it's infected my saves to basically an unplayable state :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ3iT0ZYQmo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_f6sOigbiM&feature=plcp&context=C3a92351UDOEgsToPDskIBDkCtOfuBO-APVddlIRT8

Ainokeatoo
02-09-2012, 03:17 AM
So my game glitched out and it's infected my saves to basically an unplayable state :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ3iT0ZYQmo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_f6sOigbiM&feature=plcp&context=C3a92351UDOEgsToPDskIBDkCtOfuBO-APVddlIRT8

You should really upload more videos.

Anyway, that looks like a really :| Game Breaking glitch. I'm sure it'll be fixed within a week or so, supposedly the Devs are really popular with their fans for actually listening.

Variation-XBA
02-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Yea, it makes it unplayable basically. Yet in combat is fine. Sucks cause I was finally starting to enjoy my character too. Oh well, time to write the review now :/