PDA

View Full Version : Is this the new Xbox?

Kamshaft
11-20-2012, 01:41 PM
Report: The Next Xbox Will Have a Quad-Core Processor, 8GB Ram, Blu-Ray, Kinect 2.0 and More

This is what we know so far about the next Xbox, whether it's called 720 or whatever. Also, these aren't facts, just a compilation of rumours and such.

We will update this page as time progresses, and rumours become more like facts.

Processor CPU: Intel Quad Core (clock speed unknown)
RAM: 8 Gigabytes of Ram
Optical Drive: BluRay drive
Internal Hard Disk Size: Unknown

Variation-XBA
11-20-2012, 10:40 PM
Picture is too small to read the writing, so not sure :p

SamSmith
11-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Sounds about right. My 3 month old computer is already twice as powerful on paper however.

Kamshaft
11-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Sounds about right. My 3 month old computer is already twice as powerful on paper however.

If you remember all Xboxes were below PC specs, on every single count. Original Xbox had a Pentium processor, and it was already a couple of years old that tech.

This won't be any different.

This puppy (if correct) will have 4 times the RAM!, and four cores instead of one! Should have some decent horsepower!

HaZarD SFD
11-22-2012, 01:00 PM
I think if done right the new XBOX will surpass a $4k PC in graphics. They are well streamlined to run games how the XBOX is needed and doing that on a PC is not the same.

I love the lack of a CD TRAY! No more kids trying to screw with that. Its a definite thinner shape. I highly hope that their AIRFLOW issues are really looked at and fixed on the
new model.

I cant wait.

Kamshaft
11-22-2012, 02:51 PM
I love the lack of a CD TRAY! No more kids trying to screw with that. Its a definite thinner shape. I highly hope that their AIRFLOW issues are really looked at and fixed on the new model..

Look closer, see the eject button? It's there...ready for a grill cheese!

TheMaddenManiac
11-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Look closer, see the eject button? It's there...ready for a grill cheese!

Exactly how I broke a Super Nintendo when I was 2...

HaZarD SFD
11-23-2012, 11:58 AM
I like the fact it's an internal mechanism.

Kamshaft
11-23-2012, 12:33 PM

How do you know that? It's a photo.. LOL
There could be a tray.

Nato King
11-23-2012, 02:42 PM
Hmmmm it could be the next Xbox but why so boxy looking I thought we went away from that.

Variation-XBA
11-23-2012, 11:28 PM
Hmmmm it could be the next Xbox but why so boxy looking I thought we went away from that.

You realize BOX is in the name right? ;)

Nato King
11-24-2012, 05:38 AM
You realize BOX is in the name right? ;)

hahahaha yeah I do realize that but you know what I mean. Just look at the edges are just sooo sharp and i like the smooth round edges that we have today.

SamSmith
11-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Whether there's any truth to that picture is another thing... but I quite like the design. I wouldn't be unhappy to receive something along those lines.

Something iconic while complimentary to the various other boxes I have shoved under my TV. Perhaps something that pays tribute to the original fat xbox design, complete with massive X.

Oh - unrelated note - is it too much to ask for a console that doesn't sound like a leafblower?

HaZarD SFD
11-26-2012, 12:57 AM

How do you know that? It's a photo.. LOL
There could be a tray.

That slot on the front looks way to familiar to internal mechanism DVD units.

Kamshaft
11-26-2012, 08:26 AM
That slot on the front looks way to familiar to internal mechanism DVD units.

Looks kindda small, but I do see what you are sayin.