PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolutions?

Roujin
12-31-2012, 08:20 AM
I likely won't be in any condition to message or text come early this morning, so I'm just going to say it now. Happy New Year to all and an amazing 2013 to come! Let us all love, respect, keep in touch and help each other more than we ever have before.

Now that that's out of the way, what are your 2013 New Year's Gaming Resolutions? Here are mine:

1) To make a significant dent in my ever-growing wall of shame (i.e. games that I haven't finished, in many cases, haven't even opened. Hitman Absolution sits at the top of the 2012 list, but I have several HD collections and digital content to get through as well).
2) To stop buying so many new games and save up for the next Xbox.
3) To complete two games for every new game that I buy (after all, how else am I going to be able to afford that new Xbox, without trades?)
4) To get my personal blog up and running again with weekly updates.
5) To participate more regularly on the forums.
6) To get my money's worth out of all those damned Season Passes.
7) To reach Level 100 in Halo Infinity Multiplayer...and keep going.
8) To finish at least one of the four Persona games on my PS Vita.
9) To complete the Metal Gear Solid Saga, in chronological order.
10) To complete the existing Yakuza series, in chronological order (I've already got Yakuza 1 down).

If I can get half of all the above done, I'll have earned my gamer stripes for the year.:rockout:

Interested in hearing all of yours.

Ben

Jericho
01-01-2013, 11:28 AM
mines about 1920 × 1080

No seriously, its to finish every core Final Fantasy game within one year.

Is it ok to post my blog on this website? You can follow my progress there if you like.

Duhast500
01-01-2013, 03:22 PM
My New Years resolution is to finish all the achievements in at least one game. I think that is a reachable goal since I'm close to completing one right now and may be able to get the second soon. Extra added bonus after the first one.

Duhast500
01-01-2013, 03:26 PM
On what consoles are you going to be playing these games on? If you can manage to complete all Final Fantasy games my hats off to you. Number seven took a lot of time for me.

SamSmith
01-01-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm disappointed someone came in before me with a screen resolution joke; henceforth, I resolve to find better jokes.

I don't often do resolutions. I suppose I'd quite like to continue keeping fit and staying busy if that counts. It would also be quite nice to be able to afford to live, so I guess I'll choose that. Yeah, my new years resolution: Get minted.

Jericho
01-02-2013, 01:39 AM
On what consoles are you going to be playing these games on? If you can manage to complete all Final Fantasy games my hats off to you. Number seven took a lot of time for me.

Mixture of PS Vita, Nintendo 3DS/DS and Playstation 2.

I'll finish XIII on Xbox 360 though cause achievements lol. :rolleyes:

Roujin
01-04-2013, 10:06 AM
mines about 1920 × 1080

No seriously, its to finish every core Final Fantasy game within one year.

Is it ok to post my blog on this website? You can follow my progress there if you like.

Wow, that's a pretty big goal. Seems even bigger than mine, as those are 13 games that will require quite a grind..

M1GO
01-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Resolutions for this year:
- Make a dent into my backlog, including BioShock 2 and Metro 2033
- Spend less time screwing around in games so I can play (and finish) more games
- Record more gaming-related video and blog more about video games
- Play more indie games
- Actually use the Kinect for something other than Dance Central games
- Stop being such an ammo hoarder in games
- Employ more patience when playing a stealth game

Hfire76
01-10-2013, 09:38 PM
My number one would be to finish the games I have started. I want a perfect completion on a minimum of 6 games this year the others I am shooting for at least 75% of the achievements. I have to save money for the next xbox (this is my biggest challenge as my 3 kids want all the money I have and we will nto even discuss my wife lol).

M1GO
01-11-2013, 09:23 AM
So my friends and I also had the idea to do our own gaming resolutions on our site. Here are my resolutions for 2013 (http://gamervets.com/2013/01/m1gos-video-game-resolutions-for-2013/)

BTW, I stole that resolution joke :whistle:

thAshAdyOne
01-11-2013, 10:47 AM
I have to save money for the next xbox (this is my biggest challenge as my 3 kids want all the money I have and we will nto even discuss my wife lol).

Man...what?! My girlfriend is where all of my money goes...and she HATES the fact that I play games. I expect a war at some point this year.

M1GO
01-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Man...what?! My girlfriend is where all of my money goes...and she HATES the fact that I play games. I expect a war at some point this year.

Well, better games than strip clubs or hard drugs I guess :p

BTW, I suggest against using that as actual justification for your gaming unless it's really necessary.