PDA

View Full Version : Dead Space 3

Symmetric-XBA
01-22-2013, 03:20 PM
The return of curbstomping greatness is almost here. Now that the demo is out, what were your impressions? Personally I'm worried about how this will impact the quality of the series. I'm a realist and understand that adaptation, innovations and advancements must be made going forward, however it's very rare that a company releases an original IP that lauches overnight, an iconic character and a game that is regarded as one of the best horror games ever made.

So why then, would you want to change something that was already fantastic? Thats like painting the Mona Lisa and saying, wait, I've got to go back and give her another nose, or another breast. Pointless changes that do nothing but ruin what was already a masterpiece, and it all started with the multiplayer mode in Dead Space 2. If Visceral took out the focus on multiplayer and instead invested it into creating new ways to scare urine out of our bladder then we would have had a game greater than the original and a true successor, but unfortunetly we are stuck with a mediocre horror game and a horrible multiplayer. Some games have turned single player successes into multiplayer greatness, and some have not.

I think that if the team at Visceral games go back to their roots of the original Dead Space, and polished up their established methods already in place and focus then on creating different and original "HOLY F***ING $HIT" moments, then the series will return to greatness, but until then I'm worried that we may soon see the end of our blue collar bad@$$. What do you think of the direction of the Dead Space series? Oh and apparently there is a "Dev edition" that was limited to 5000.

Roujin
01-22-2013, 10:20 PM
I had the first Dead Space in my pile of shame for over a year, but I couldn't get up the courage to play it. Can't really contribute to the discussion, though I have to say that I'd probably be more likely to play it if I could play it with someone else, but it certainly wouldn't be as scary.

Variation-XBA
01-23-2013, 12:30 AM
I think that Dev Edition is pretty weak for its price point to be honest

Unreal
01-26-2013, 09:38 PM
I think I'm going to pass.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Tapatalk 2

Symmetric-XBA
01-28-2013, 02:17 PM
I think I'm going to pass.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Tapatalk 2

Are ya passing in the game itself?