PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to get an Xbox One (or PS4) in your area?

Roujin
07-12-2013, 09:44 AM
Recent news stories about Amazon (in the US) reaching their cap on Xbox One and PS4 pre-orders are all over the internet, but I've held off repeating the story on our site because the situation here in Canada is often different, and personally I've already seen pre-order availability for both consoles fluctuate on Best Buy and Futureshop between "Unavailable" and "Available". In fact, the Saturday following E3, Best Buy REFUSED my pre-order, but was taking pre-orders online only a week later, but EB Games easily took my pre-order in-person, promising I'd get my console within the launch week. So as you can imagine, when I see stories of pre-order caps being hit a full 4-5 months before a new console releases, I tend to be a bit skeptical, especially when the situation is always subject to change.

Still, I'm just curious to get a real snapshot of the situation...what's the situation in your neck of the woods? If you walk up to the counter at your local game store or big box store and ask if you can pre-order an Xbox One or PS4, what answer do you get? Is the situation already as dire as the Amazon stories make it out to be?

Variation-XBA
07-12-2013, 11:12 AM
All sold out long ago, but got my orders in day 1 no problem

Symmetric-XBA
07-12-2013, 08:02 PM
A good friend of mine who is a manager at GameStop told me that they as a company were only allocated so many units for their initial launch but as of now however, they are sold out all throughout the u.s. and they haven't been told when more units will be available. Thankfully I've got my day 1 edt. all squared away along w a novel of preorders for games. This is going to get pricey though since now I'm having to buy multiple copies of games bc of no compatibility between one and 360 and I still want to play games w my friends and they won't have a one till Christmas at earliest.

Vampero
07-13-2013, 03:14 AM
Not worried at all. Waiting for the games before I touch Xbox One. I have not trust in Microsoft atm.

Roujin
07-13-2013, 12:25 PM
I haven't had a chance to check since I posted, but I'll be checking around my usual haunts and asking about Xbox One availability. Like Vampero, I'm waiting on Xbox One at the moment and concentrating on Xbox 360 for now, but my bro has his Day One console pre-ordered and is almost sure to get it at launch. My PS4 is already paid up via trades...but outside of Battlefield 4 I'm not on fire about the lineup any more than I am about the Xbox One's...I'm beginning to think I just want to have a justification for owning a Vita....

Roujin
07-16-2013, 03:23 AM
You can still pre-order an Xbox One for Day One on the Microsoft Canada website, but it doesn't look like it would be a "Day One Console", just the regular edition.

I do think it's pretty cool that MS is even bothering with a special edition console right out of the gate... Sony is sticking with the tried and true program...a little boring and lacking in fan service.

jerinbd445
09-23-2013, 07:47 PM
Not anxious by any means. Waiting for the game titles ahead of We touch Console Just one. I've got certainly not rely upon Microsof company atm.:moody: