Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: SpaceGhost2K's Customs

I just didn't want to take your last plate, and didn't want to continue working on the Mario plate if there was going to be no possibility of "nailing it." That one figure just isn't available, so from the get-go, the best I can do is "close." And it's very, very difficult to reproduce a plate exactly, expecially when I did the first one six months ago, did half-a dozen others in the meantime, have numerous pictures on my computer, and don't even have one physically here to try to duplicate.

If you want, and I'm happy to do this, mail me back the plate. I will go through my stuff and try to nail down the first one I did, and then do the rust and other stuff on this one to get it as close as possible.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

or ttb you could just send it to england to me

Guys, we worked it out. The rest of it we'll deal with through PM's.

I DO want to say though, that this is an example of why it's important to spell out for me everything you can down to the exacting detail. Obviously, his idea of "make it like the first one" and mine were totally different. I thought "similar style." He thought "as close as physically possible." So nobody's wrong. It's just an issue of miscommunication.

My best plates that didn't come out of my own head, came with a mock-up picture. Even a bad photochop job communicates better what you want than "I want this name here and this turned sideways and make it green." I've never taken the time to create a mock-up in Photoshop and getting approval before starting a plate, because it always seems to me to be like having to create it twice. But in the long run, rather than make plates over or fix them - and I have some VERY complicated plates on the list that have been there a while for this exact reason - it's a worthy investment in time.

Also, some of the requests I've been getting are really pretty simple. One of the main things I wanted to come out of this site was that it's not that hard to do this. I've had two people just this week ask for three plates in three different colors with minimal text. That's $120 in plates.

If you were to make those yourself, it would cost:
    $15 for all three plates.
    $15 for the three cans of paint plus a can of white.
    $10 for a can of primer and a can of sealer.

And then find someone on eBay or someone local to cut stickers for you. Or buy stickers at Michaels to use as masks. Or make your own. Or ask me to get some made for you. That takes a little longer, but you have to wait until the plates show up anyway.

So you're talking about two weeks from beginning to end. Not only did you save $70-$80 bucks, but you have the pride of having made them yourselves. And if you need to make another one later, all you need is one more plate, and if it's a different color, one more $3.19 can of paint.

Anyway. I'm rambling because it's late. TTB and I are cool. Don't hand him no grief.

sorry i wasn't getting at any 1 was just saying send it to england if he didnt want it but he does so everything is good, just looking forward to my plate

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    they're kinda hard to find since you have to give up the original plate for the elite so unless the person with the elite has a replacement for his console he wont sell his faceplate. so they become hard to come by
    For those that are looking for xBox 360 Black Faceplate - Elite and XBox 360 - Joytech Faceplate ( BLACK ) - NEW

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nato King-XBA View Post
    Ahh why do they have the exact same picture for the joytech plate and the elite plate...weird

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    Ahh why do they have the exact same picture for the joytech plate and the elite plate...weird
    The implication is that it is FROM an Elite, but I think the truth is that it is FOR an Elite, or to make a system LOOK like an Elite. There is white lettering on the memory card doors, so it's clearly NOT an Elite faceplate.

This is for a customer. Paid for, and out the door. Well, almost. As soon as I make sure his address is correct.

Moltenluv, look closely...

This is nowhere near done. There are other bubbles to be filled in, and the area without bubbles will be covered in white crystals. You know, regular crystal looking crystals. This one is NOT going to be cheap. It will have close to $100 in Swarovski's on it.
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 04-01-2008 at 10:26 PM.

Registered User $oul [A]$$A$$IN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post

This is for a customer. Paid for, and out the door. Well, almost. As soon as I make sure his address is correct.

Moltenluv, look closely...

This is nowhere near done. There are other bubbles to be filled in, and the area without bubbles will be covered in white crystals. You know, regular crystal looking crystals. This one is NOT going to be cheap. It will have close to $100 in Swarovski's on it.
    nothing that interest me but very nice

How much would it cost to get the Heroes one, #44 on page one here?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadOne Walking View Post
    How much would it cost to get the Heroes one, #44 on page one here?
    I only charge $40 plus $5 shipping for those, but I am seriously behind right now. It might be a while before I could get one to you.

I only charge $40 plus $5 shipping for those, but I am seriously behind right now. It might be a while before I could get one to you.
    That's OK, I can wait until April easily at this point. Might make it easier on you that way. I would want a slight change too, nothing major. From the picture posted, it looks like the power LED is being blocked mostly, I would just want that to shine through.

Yeah, that was the first one and it was covered up. The ones after that weren't.

Space, please make some room on your mialbox, I tried to PM you about last week's stuff and I couldn't because your box is full.

Quote Originally Posted by ali rock 110 View Post
    Space, please make some room on your mialbox, I tried to PM you about last week's stuff and I couldn't because your box is full.
    Done. Sorry. I went through and deleted a bunch as I made sure the info was down on my log, and it fills up faster than I can delete them.

My AOL is worse. I have 665 emails in it right now.

Banned

Done. Sorry. I went through and deleted a bunch as I made sure the info was down on my log, and it fills up faster than I can delete them.

My AOL is worse. I have 665 emails in it right now.
    UNREAD damn spacey i feel sorry for you that absolutely sucks, idea...reply all, YES

The first halo is BEST! FlawIe55's Avatar

space that lost hatch plate is downright amazing...where did the figures come from?

Hey man are you selling that Ferrari Faceplate?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    My Faceplate Collection
    US Launch Faceplate

Its growing!

Wish List
    Custom Spacy Custom

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Tree Y View Post
    Hey man are you selling that Ferrari Faceplate?
    All of the stuff pictured up there is sold, but I can make another one for you.

Nah man not yet. I wanna try to get the one that i PM'ed you about first. Then a ferrari or maybe a volvo one!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    My Faceplate Collection
    US Launch Faceplate

Its growing!

Wish List
    Custom Spacy Custom

Thread Information