Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: SpaceGhost2K's Customs

I had to remake this because the sync button was giving the owner issues. Not that different than the other one.

He also asked for one of these since I had to send him a plate anyway. Why does everybody keep asking for the plates that are such a pain in the ass? What happened to the days of the no-brainer plates?

Hopefully, I will get to meet Dr. Demento and blues singer Taj Mahal on April 19th in LA. If so, I'm prepared to get sigs. You can't see it in the pic, but the Taj face artwork also has tiny lines in the dark side of the face that I did with white pencil. I need to look at it to make sure they didn't go away when I sealed it, or I might have to paint them in. (**EDIT** I painted the lines in.)

Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 04-01-2008 at 10:24 PM.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Banned

nice new additions they will be surprised/wicked happy

Registered User $oul [A]$$A$$IN's Avatar

nice new ones

That Nightmare plate is sick. If I drew something, do you think you could make it into a faceplate, sell it, and share the profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Conchord View Post
    That Nightmare plate is sick. If I drew something, do you think you could make it into a faceplate, sell it, and share the profit.
    I'm really not that much of an artist, man. Honest.

Default Taj Plate

If you ever decide to sell the Taj plate, I know someone who will buy it .

Banned

hes giving it away so i doubt he'll sell it it would make no sense but he could make another if he had the time

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    hes giving it away so i doubt he'll sell it it would make no sense but he could make another if he had the time
    jak, spaces personal secretary. I hope he is paying u well mate

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Elite-Concepts View Post
    jak, spaces personal secretary. I hope he is paying u well mate
    ya its a sweatshop so i only get 25 cents per annoying post, but hell it keeps me busy and crappy food on my lap

He isn't giving it away. He's taking it to LA next month to try and get it signed by Taj Mahal, same with the Dr Demento plate. He is a HUGE lifelong fan of both. (if you wondered)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KatamariKutie View Post
    He isn't giving it away. He's taking it to LA next month to try and get it signed by Taj Mahal, same with the Dr Demento plate. He is a HUGE lifelong fan of both. (if you wondered)
    oh ya sorry my bad i knew i had something wrong but still thats will be sweet even though i dont know who either is good luck spacey

Taj Mahal brought blues to a lot of people back in the late 60's. He was the main blues guy to play at a lot of the hippie music events. I've liestened to his album "Giant Step/De Old Folks At Home" probably a thousand times in my life. I can tell you every glitch and click and that album. I even sang one of his songs a cappella at a talent night and got a standing ovation (mainly just for being a white boy with the balls to sing a negro spiritual with no backup music in front of an almost all white crowd).

Dr. Demento is Barret (Barry) Hansen. He was a student hired by UCLA to catalog their enormous record collection back in the early 70's. Even as young as he was, he was considered an authority on the roots of rock 'n roll. He was hired to do a weekly oldies show, and he discovered the songs that always got the most requests were the goofy stuff. The show started playing more oddities until one day someone in the studio announced him as "Doctor Demento, here" trying to be funny. Everybody liked it, so he kept the name. He had a weekly two hour syndicated radop show for many years, that just played demented music. Mostly funny, but some of it was genuinely just "demented." Weird Al was a college student who kept sending him tapes, and Dr. Demento launched his huge career. Almost every Weird Al video has Dr. D in a cameo in it somewhere.

Oh, and Mr. Hansen (last I heard) owned the world's eighth largest private record collection. As of 2003, it was over 500,000 records (78's, 33 1/3, 45's and even cylinders.)

Dr. D and Taj are going to be speaking at an open session at UCLA in April. I can't stay for the concert that night (lot of money, all good seats taken, and I've STILL never seen Taj perform live). Taj and a bunch of other people are performing. Dr. D. is the emcee. I'm just going for the 45 minute panel discussion, crossing my fingers that I'll be able to approach them and get signatures, MAYBE meeting GameKing28 if we can work it out, and then coming home exhausted from the week in Seattle and the trip to LA.

http://www.drdemento.com

http://www.tajblues.com/

Taj's site streams music while you check out the site. If you're REAL lucky, it'll play "Cakewalk." (FF to Track 8)

There's your history lesson for today.
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 03-29-2008 at 01:58 AM.

I think we can make it work this time. UCLA is a helluva lot closer to me than it is for you so I'll make it work.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Banned

have fun guys and good luck spacey if you guys meet i am sure the world will end for reasons unknown well anyways have fun and dont forget a pen

have fun guys and good luck spacey if you guys meet i am sure the world will end for reasons unknown well anyways have fun and dont forget a pen
    We'll probably just bag us a coupla hot UCLA chicks. No big. Katamari's cool with it, as long as I return with video.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    We'll probably just bag us a coupla hot UCLA chicks. No big. Katamari's cool with it, as long as I return with video.
    cough*ggw*cough and what would that vidoe be off...hmmmm

*ahem* I only said that about the Japanese girl.... I think I suddenly have that day free to go along

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KatamariKutie View Post
    *ahem* I only said that about the Japanese girl.... I think I suddenly have that day free to go along
    OH NO SHE DIDNT

*rereads agreement.

"Oh."

Banned

*rereads agreement.

"Oh."
    well that just took your world and flipped it upsided down good luck with the UCLA girls spacey HA

Thread Information