Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wanna help with the Faceplate Database?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    Guys, Kamshaft is working on it. That's all I can tell you because it's all I know.
    shortest post by you EVER

Registered User cheezymonkey999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenOwnzYew View Post
    CheezyMonkey<3 I got my first plate off him. I will send pics after I finish my custom
    The saints row one right?
    "It aint easy bein cheezy" XBL cheezymonkey999

Default me be dumb.

um,can't figure out how to delete this post..
    Last edited by falldowndrunk; 04-29-2008 at 07:20 AM. Reason: trying to delete this post,cause a new one is up

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by falldowndrunk View Post
    I only have two,one I do believe everyone has,the other one I guess is somewhat rare,I dunno.Heres the pics..

Unfortunately,this one is kinda blurry and I can't photoshop it without it looking crappy.I'll take a better pic later and just swap this one with it.

I love that plate...

Nate
    sup and welcome you did those picture perfectly but email spacey ghost 2k because he is the one assembling it

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    sup and welcome you did those picture perfectly but email spacey ghost 2k because he is the one assembling it
    That's okay. I can pull them off here. I know we have the Clancy one already but I'm not sure about the Gears one because there are a number of them and I can't keep them all straight. I COULD IF I HAD A DATABASE! lol. Kam is working on it. His wife is "nesting" so he's been doing renovations to the house. Hey, if I was him, I'm put my wife before some forum guy, too.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Banned

That's okay. I can pull them off here. I know we have the Clancy one already but I'm not sure about the Gears one because there are a number of them and I can't keep them all straight. I COULD IF I HAD A DATABASE! lol. Kam is working on it. His wife is "nesting" so he's been doing renovations to the house. Hey, if I was him, I'm put my wife before some forum guy, too.
    ya unless shes really annoyingly needy

Ya,my email sucks for some reason and doesn't like sending things,thats why I posted em here.But if for any reason you need a bigger pic,or just a better one,let me know its no problem.I really would be shocked if you didn't have the gears one already,like I said,they are EVERYWHERE around here!!

Banned

Ya,my email sucks for some reason and doesn't like sending things,thats why I posted em here.But if for any reason you need a bigger pic,or just a better one,let me know its no problem.I really would be shocked if you didn't have the gears one already,like I said,they are EVERYWHERE around here!!
    ya but there are about 15 different types of gears plates so who knows?

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

I know i may be new to this forum but I'm def. interersted in building this database up to something that all gamers may use for reference. I'll be taking pics of my collection this weekend, and if you need any help w/ coding and all that wonderfull joy I'd be glad to help. I did the html coding for Ultra Music Festival for the past 2 1/2 years. It sounds to me like this would be best laid out in a spreadsheet format w/ simple hyperlinks, etc... so really the only thing in question is the table that needs to be developed.

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetric View Post
    I know i may be new to this forum but I'm def. interersted in building this database up to something that all gamers may use for reference. I'll be taking pics of my collection this weekend, and if you need any help w/ coding and all that wonderfull joy I'd be glad to help. I did the html coding for Ultra Music Festival for the past 2 1/2 years. It sounds to me like this would be best laid out in a spreadsheet format w/ simple hyperlinks, etc... so really the only thing in question is the table that needs to be developed.
    Kamshaft already has something inthe works. He's just being distracted a lot. The db will be searchable, linked to games where approproate, and people can make their own collections and wishlists from the database, including custom and signed plates.

There may be more than one plate made for each game, but if you go to the game page, there will be a link to one of the plates. From there, you can see the other plates relative to the game.

In the case of something like, say, E305, there will be a link to the plate, BUT there will be seperate files for every variation of signed versions of the plate. So if there are eight people in here with signed E305 plates, we'll do a seperate file for each of them so the owners can link them to their collections.

We hope to take it way above and beyond a simple word document or spreadsheet. But Kam has basically a second version of the site that they use for testing. They make the changes, add them to the "fake" site and see if they work. Once they work like they should, then they copy the fake site with the changes over the real site. It's going to be pretty bare bones in the beginning, but we'll beef up the features while we grow the number of entries.

Also, I said this earlier, but we'll take submissions for every plate, but don't be offended if your pics aren't used. It's going to be too difficult to keep track of whose pictures we use. We're just going to use the best picture we have, and if we get a BETTER picture, we'll use that one and drop the other one. This is a group effort in every way, so making individual notes of appreciation is going to be practically impossible. (We also don't want it to be a case of "I want my name up there as the biggest contributor so I'm going to keep taking photos until mine get chosen.")

sounds good. this is gonna be fun

Banned

sounds good. this is gonna be fun
    hey glad you wanna help but i aint too sure you can do that much of a big deal since all the plates you have are common around here so i hope your an amazing photographer jk but ya the more pics we have of the same plate the longer the db will take

nah its cool man, i understand that what i've got pails in comparison to most that i've seen on here. but hey, its a start ya know? lol i was just thinkin in ways i could help (coding, pics, buying plates from people.... lol).

Banned

nah its cool man, i understand that what i've got pails in comparison to most that i've seen on here. but hey, its a start ya know? lol i was just thinkin in ways i could help (coding, pics, buying plates from people.... lol).
    nah thats what we need and is a great help thanks

Default updated pics.

Alright,so I redid my few pics,so I'll be deleting my old post.They're more vibrant now and I managed to rid all blur from them.Also added a Viva Pinata plate,should have a Madden 08 and COD2 plate coming very soon so I'll put those up.I'll just post the pics here,and,and SpaceGhost2K can pull em from here when he needs them.

Oh,btw,if anyone has a pic that is pretty good,but is dark or SLIGHTLY blurry,feel free to let me know,and I can try and photoshop em for you to make them more noticeable.

Last edited by falldowndrunk; 05-05-2008 at 02:26 AM. Reason: added plate

Those are nice.

Quick update,added the Madden 08 plate....

Be adding the COD2 and Tropicana plates here real soon,they should arrive any day now.

I'm just about to come up with a temporary solution until we can get the database up. Maybe put all the pics in Photobocket so they're searchable by keyword or something.

Default eep

I'm just about to come up with a temporary solution until we can get the database up. Maybe put all the pics in Photobocket so they're searchable by keyword or something.
    I myself don't really use photobucket,I host the pics from geocities just cause thats what I've done for several years now(I hate change..).However Ghost if you want to nab my pics and put em up feel free.Meanwhile I'll just keep posting them here...

Nate

Banned

I myself don't really use photobucket,I host the pics from geocities just cause thats what I've done for several years now(I hate change..).However Ghost if you want to nab my pics and put em up feel free.Meanwhile I'll just keep posting them here...

Nate
    fyi he is spacey ghost_Rider is ghost it makes it more confusing for everyone if you dont use right nicknames i was like ghost_Rider has done anything with the database, anyways YAY

Thread Information