Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads Up!

The Ex-Faceplate Goddess moltenluv's Avatar

Once again we have an entire set of Eternal Sonata faceplates up for grabs. eBay item 140196864607 He has 4 sets available as a buy-it now or best offer. This is the same seller I got my set from so do not be afraid to buy from him

Last edited by moltenluv; 01-08-2008 at 10:03 AM.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moltenluv View Post
    Once again we have an entire set of Eternal Sonata faceplates up for grabs. eBay item 140196864607 He has 4 sets available as a buy-it now or best offer. This is the same seller I got my set from so do not be afraid to buy from him

Oh ok that is good to know. Also there are only 4 in the set. No more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nato King-XBA View Post
    Oh ok that is good to know. Also there are only 4 in the set. No more.
    There are five Eternal Sonata faceplates total. This guy has 4 complete sets (meaning you are getting all 5 faceplates) listed.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

There are five Eternal Sonata faceplates total. This guy has 4 complete sets (meaning you are getting all 5 faceplates) listed.
    Oh ok I got it. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenOwnzYew View Post
    I thought Moltonluv wanted a COD4 Plate, not sure.
    #160194407404 or Here
    Hey thanks for the heads up! I am currently the high bidder, maybe I will get it. If not I am currently watching another one

Well it looks like I jinxed myself. Right after I posted I was the high bidder somebody went and outbid me. Oh well! I have my eye on a few other ones

Edited
    Last edited by racingfreak92; 01-09-2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: i was angry
    Looking for Quake IV plate, knockoff or real.

This is a great page because, if I see that one of the regular forum contributers is bidding on a plate than I will back off out of respect(I mean it's the least I can do for some of you guys who have been super awesome and cool). And Maybe the same courtsey will be extended to me when I see something I REALLY want(not counting the numerous custom plates that I want there's only about 19 more Corporate plates I'm interested in). So now I have a total of 3 threads I will look at every day. This one, Moltenluvs Collection, and Space Ghost Customs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by racingfreak92 View Post
    Moltenluv that was a jerk move waiting for the last second to outbid me on that Oblivion faceplate
    hey its called ebay, and also you should have pm'd her if you were extremely dedicated to that plate.

I bid on lots of things, some of them more important to me than others. Unless I see a post saying "I really want this," as far as I'm concerned, it's fair game. However, if you DO say that and someone snipes you... well, I don't want to have to deal with the fallout from that but I probably will some day. If TWO people lay claim to the same plate, then it's just every man for himself and whoever has the bigger wallet, wins. That's just how it goes. eBay does have a thing against what amounts to "conspiracy" or price fixing, where you basically conspire to stop competition so that items sell for less than they would had people been actively competing for the item.

ALL THAT SAID, if that IdolM@ster plate with the girls ever shows up again, I WILL win it, and will hunt down anyone who thinks otherwise BEFORE the auction closes.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

If i had thought it was a issue i would have claimed it. But molten never bid till the last second, i probably wouldnt have one b/c there was another sniper who probably would have gone higher than i would have paid
    Looking for Quake IV plate, knockoff or real.

Moltenluv that was a jerk move waiting for the last second to outbid me on that Oblivion faceplate
    Wow sorry I wasn't trying to be a jerk.

First of all I have been watching this faceplate ever since it was listed on eBay. I knew about this one before it was even posted in this forum.

Secondly how on Earth was I supposed to know that somebody from this forum or even more specifically you were the high bidder for that faceplate? I don't know the eBay ID's of the people in this forum except for Spacey's, CheesyMonkey's and gh0st_r1ders. Nobody ever posted that they had bid on it or were dead set on winning it.

Thirdly, I am not the only person that bid at the last second. Go look at the bid history. I am assuming you are lynx6566? Somebody named bohemian_love also waited till the end to bid. They just didn't bid high enough to outbid you. I always wait till the very end of an auction to bid. I decided ahead of time how much I am willing to spend on something and then that is what I type in when the auction is almost over. If I win great if not the oh well. I used to bid early but I have found that this only drives up the price and also once somebody outbids me I would usually go and try to re-outbid them thus spending way more that I had originally wanted to. So yes I know that some people look down upon sniping but it is eBay and lots of people do it. I don't do it to be a jerk, I do it so I don't bid more than I want to just because somebody else outbid me.

Actually I am a nice and generous person. I try to help out people on this forum the best that I can. I am more than willing to not bid on faceplates that aren't super rare or one of a kind if you just say so. I have done it in the past. Besides that I am finding it harder and harder to find faceplates that I don't already have on eBay so I haven't been bidding as much as I used to. Anyway I am sorry for making you upset and I AM NOT A JERK!

Quote Originally Posted by ali rock 110 View Post
    This is a great page because, if I see that one of the regular forum contributers is bidding on a plate than I will back off out of respect(I mean it's the least I can do for some of you guys who have been super awesome and cool). And Maybe the same courtsey will be extended to me when I see something I REALLY want(not counting the numerous custom plates that I want there's only about 19 more Corporate plates I'm interested in). So now I have a total of 3 threads I will look at every day. This one, Moltenluvs Collection, and Space Ghost Customs.
    Really??? You look at mine everyday??? Awwww, thanks!

Banned

Wow sorry I wasn't trying to be a jerk.

First of all I have been watching this faceplate ever since it was listed on eBay. I knew about this one before it was even posted in this forum.

Secondly how on Earth was I supposed to know that somebody from this forum or even more specifically you were the high bidder for that faceplate? I don't know the eBay ID's of the people in this forum except for Spacey's, CheesyMonkey's and gh0st_r1ders. Nobody ever posted that they had bid on it or were dead set on winning it.

Thirdly, I am not the only person that bid at the last second. Go look at the bid history. I am assuming you are lynx6566? Somebody named bohemian_love also waited till the end to bid. They just didn't bid high enough to outbid you. I always wait till the very end of an auction to bid. I decided ahead of time how much I am willing to spend on something and then that is what I type in when the auction is almost over. If I win great if not the oh well. I used to bid early but I have found that this only drives up the price and also once somebody outbids me I would usually go and try to re-outbid them thus spending way more that I had originally wanted to. So yes I know that some people look down upon sniping but it is eBay and lots of people do it. I don't do it to be a jerk, I do it so I don't bid more than I want to just because somebody else outbid me.

Actually I am a nice and generous person. I try to help out people on this forum the best that I can. I am more than willing to not bid on faceplates that aren't super rare or one of a kind if you just say so. I have done it in the past. Besides that I am finding it harder and harder to find faceplates that I don't already have on eBay so I haven't been bidding as much as I used to. Anyway I am sorry for making you upset and I AM NOT A JERK!
    Ya she is not a Jerk even though she "forgot" to mention she knows my ebay, Hanks445, and how she never joins any of my chats on xbox Live but still she is one of the nicest faceplate collectors and persons you will never meet unless you live in Pennsylvania. She has actually sent me sites of plates on ebay i want that i cant find because she is a super ebay surfer. Just because she is on the site and has the same ebay name as her forum name doesnt mean you have to be mean. Also fyi it could have been another moltenluv. Nice posting before me moltenluv we could have tricked him.

I almost beat her out on an auction and got yelled at for trying to win her plate... when I was trying to buy it FOR her.

LOL, good times...

There's pros and cons of having a collectors site like this. The pros are that you hear about things you might not have known about. The con is, so does everyone else. So while you get exposed to more "hot pickin's," there's also a risk that that might work against you.

On the other side of that coin, if you see something cool, do you a) keep it on the down low so you can get it yourself? or 2) tell everybody about it and tick off that other guy who saw it but was keeping it quiet so HE could win it?

That's a tough row to hoe. If I see something that I know people want and know I won't get, then I spill the beans. If it's something I want myself, I just bid and if I get outbid, so be it. If it's something I want very badly, I come in here and be vocal about going after the plate, and hope that people accept that. If they don't, I can't - I repeat, CAN NOT - be mad at them and hold a grudge. In the end, it's ALWAYS "every man for himself" and you have to handle purchases on eBay as if this site didn't exist.

There was a UK Launch Plate the other day that was only at $25. I bid a dollar higher just to see if the guy with the current bid wanted it very badly or not. Apparently, he didn't because I ended up with the high bid at $26 with three minutes to go. Ghostrider was apparently watching the auction and once he saw a bid from me, he let it go.

Now I wouldn't have minded if he came in and got it. It was a steal and he collects/trades at a much higher level than I do. Whole 'nother realm. But, the UK Launch Plate I have has a small red mark from a pen on the front that won't come off. I was going to be content since a replacement would have cost more than I was willing to spend for my OCD collecting disorder. But since it was cheap, I'm glad won it and I can swap that one out now.

(Remember, all this goes out the window when the IdolM@ster plate shows up again.)
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    Ya she is not a Jerk even though she "forgot" to mention she knows my ebay, Hanks445, and how she never joins any of my chats on xbox Live but still she is one of the nicest faceplate collectors and persons you will never meet unless you live in Pennsylvania. She has actually sent me sites of plates on ebay i want that i cant find because she is a super ebay surfer. Just because she is on the site and has the same ebay name as her forum name doesnt mean you have to be mean. Also fyi it could have been another moltenluv. Nice posting before me moltenluv we could have tricked him.
    Yeah but the only reason I know yours is because it is in your sig so therefore everybody knows your eBay ID!!!! There is also somebody else on this forum that once told me their eBay ID to prevent things like this happening but I don't remember who it was or what the ID was. I thought I saved the PM they sent me but I just checked and I guess I accidentally deleted it.

Sorry about the never joining the chat thing. I hate how I sound over Live, it is awful! Headsets make women and little boys sound the same. Even when I play online I don't use the headset half of the time. People are usually rude to me because they think I am a little kid then when I correct them and tell them that I am a woman they get even ruder

Yah know I never even thought of making that point, that it may not have even been me. Hmmmmm.........maybe next time I will try that one out

Banned

Sorry about the never joining the chat thing. I hate how I sound over Live, it is awful! Headsets make women and little boys sound the same. Even when I play online I don't use the headset half of the time. People are usually rude to me because they think I am a little kid then when I correct them and tell them that I am a woman they get even ruder
    Dont worry about that i have been called a little boy just cause my voice sounds younge for my age. Damn arrogant people who try and better themselves by looking down on others.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    I almost beat her out on an auction and got yelled at for trying to win her plate... when I was trying to buy it FOR her.

LOL, good times...

There's pros and cons of having a collectors site like this. The pros are that you hear about things you might not have known about. The con is, so does everyone else. So while you get exposed to more "hot pickin's," there's also a risk that that might work against you.

On the other side of that coin, if you see something cool, do you a) keep it on the down low so you can get it yourself? or 2) tell everybody about it and tick off that other guy who saw it but was keeping it quiet so HE could win it?

That's a tough row to hoe. If I see something that I know people want and know I won't get, then I spill the beans. If it's something I want myself, I just bid and if I get outbid, so be it. If it's something I want very badly, I come in here and be vocal about going after the plate, and hope that people accept that. If they don't, I can't - I repeat, CAN NOT - be mad at them and hold a grudge. In the end, it's ALWAYS "every man for himself" and you have to handle purchases on eBay as if this site didn't exist.

There was a UK Launch Plate the other day that was only at $25. I bid a dollar higher just to see if the guy with the current bid wanted it very badly or not. Apparently, he didn't because I ended up with the high bid at $26 with three minutes to go. Ghostrider was apparently watching the auction and once he saw a bid from me, he let it go.

Now I wouldn't have minded if he came in and got it. It was a steal and he collects/trades at a much higher level than I do. Whole 'nother realm. But, the UK Launch Plate I have has a small red mark from a pen on the front that won't come off. I was going to be content since a replacement would have cost more than I was willing to spend for my OCD collecting disorder. But since it was cheap, I'm glad won it and I can swap that one out now.

(Remember, all this goes out the window when the IdolM@ster plate shows up again.)
    Hey I appoligized for that. I had told you I was going to bid on that lot and I also had told you on numerous occassions that I always wait till the end to bid. I don't try to hid the fact that I am a sniper. Heck just go look at my bid history on eBay and see for yourself! Anyway that was just a silly misunderstanding. Once again I am sorry, I overreacted. Its just I had been after that argyle faceplate for so long. Did you notice how all of a sudden after I won that auction there was like this plethra of argyle faceplate sets listed on eBay. Hahahaha, what are the odds of that happening?

I agree with everything you said Spacey. While I do give a heads up on a lot of the stuff I find on eBay I don't do it for everything. Some things I see I keep to myself because they are things that I really really want like the Oblivion custom one. Yeah that sounds horrible but I try to avoid conflict over faceplates. Usually if somebody posts about something I have been silently watching I will let everybody know that I want it and plan on bidding on it. I didn't do that this time and I am sorry. There were lots of oohhhhs and aaahhhhs about the faceplate but nobody said that they were gung-ho about winning it. I would never hold it against anybody here if they outbid me. It's eBay, people get outbid, it happens. I have even passed on bidding on the DOAX, Trusty Bell, and Idolmaster faceplates because Spacey was the high bidder even though I want all 3 of those faceplates very very badly I knew he wanted them more so I let it go. But then on the flipside Spacey is currently a high bidder on a faceplate I have been watching since it was listed and I have already told him I am coming for it

Awww racingfreak92 you didn't have to go and edit your post. I wasn't trying to gang up on you I was just defending/explaining myself. Its ok, I know you were just mad. Heck I was mad when that custom somehow made its way onto this forum. Hahahah I wanted to keep it on the downlow and then suprise people with it later when it would appear in a pic in my collection thread I never expected to have people defend me. That was a nice suprise. I know I have said this before but I love you guys and this is the best forum ever!

If i had thought it was a issue i would have claimed it. But molten never bid till the last second, i probably wouldn't have one b/c there was another sniper who probably would have gone higher than i would have paid
    It was a one of a kind - whether you claimed it or not it was fair game. The folks on this board are fairly friendly toward each other and may back off of something out of respect, but remember that we're ALL collectors. The unique customs or super-rare plates aren't going to be a finders-keepers thing the way another more common plate would be.

About bidding at the last minute: this is my own opinion so take it as you will, but I think its one of the best strategies you can use. It will avoid bidding wars and ensure that you don't end up paying more than you really want to. Trust me, I've seen many an eBayer pay much more than they actually wanted for an item just so someone else who bid against them couldn't have it.
    Great if you're selling - bad if you're buying.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Thread Information