Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Start saving your pennies...........

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

I feel for you, moltenluv, and can identify with how you're feeling. My cat has cost me around $3,000 over her lifetime. Once, she had the same symptoms as your cat, and although I never found out what it was that caused it, I assume she got into some antifreeze or other toxin. First vet said she had no chance, but the second vet I took her to said she had a small chance of survival, but it could be expensive. $1,800 later she was fine. All it took was a lot of IV fluid, and a lot of kitty dope (I think they gave her antibiotics, but don't really remember).

Second time was my fault. I never had her fixed, and would just bear with it when she was in heat, but one morning I woke up and there was blood all over my bed. Turned out she was bleeding from the ******, and profusely at that. I put her in the tub and got online looking around about the symptoms. Turned out she had pyometra, which is basically an infected uterus, and it is very, very bad and can occur in cats that don't get spayed. So, took her straight to the vet, and that one ended up costing me about $1,200.

So, yes, they can be expensive little critters, but anybody with half a heart would do anything they could to save them, as you are. I find that commendable and my thoughts are with you and Mo. I really hope things work out, he looks like a great cat and is absolutely adorable.

Oh, and the pet haters? Screw 'em, they're not worth two seconds of your time.

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

If I wasn't trying to scrap together money for rent this month,I would totally help you out.I have two kitties myself,and they're my kids.I seriously refer to them as that too.I know how expensive surgeries can be to,my cat had a narrow urethra(I can't make this up),and a hairball problem.It'd get to be where he couldn't go to the litter box,and when I finally got him to the vet they told me if it had been even another day,he probably wouldn't have survived.They put a catheter in him,and we thought that would be the end of it.Total vet bill: $600.

6 Months later,it happened again.This time they did a surgery where they actually remeoved his wee-wee.So now my kitty has no wee-wee and no noogies cause we got him fixed.My little kitty I found on the street has now cost me over $2000!

But,I just remember being in tears the whole time.I remember exactly how you are probably feeling right now,and I just hope your Kitty is well and ready to come home tomorrow,all better,and happy.Cheers.....

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

I'm so sorry to hear about your lil kitty, I pray that the outcome is positive and prompt for both of you! I have 2 kitties myself and both have had strenous medical treatment. My 1 kitty has a cancerous lump on her left front leg and I went to the vet to have it looked @ and the vet told me that the lump is cancerous and that it is right ontop of a major artery on her left front leg, and that any operation would only provide a 20% chance of survival (all this wonderfull news after they charged me $400 for a biopsy as well as some other tests). My 2nd kitty has been diagnosed w/ brain damage. She'll sit there and meow at you, then her head starts to bob up and down and her body goes through mild shakes. The vet after expensive testing told me that there is nothing that they can do. My heart breaks when I see them, however, I find myself spoiling them rotten even more now. I carry my one kitty to the food dishes to help make sure she eats, and my 2nd kitty has boxes and blankets all around my house to make her as comfortable as possible. I know deep in my heart that there will come a time that they are no longer with me, but I can't help it, these 2 kitties are sisters from the same litter and I've had them for over 15 years and I want to make sure that they are taken care of every day to the best of my ability. If the worst should happen, I want it to be on their terms, and not b/c I decide to. I want them to be as happy as they can be b/c they have made such a pos. impact in my life for many many years. My prayers are with you for a quick and complete recovery!

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

He's cute MoltenLuv, Is he like my cat? Buy him a bed, he takes your? Buy cat treats, we wants the bottle? My cat does that all the time.
    Pot is a plant,
    That grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.
    So all you fuckers that don't get high,
    Shut the fuck up and give it a try.

very cute cat moltenbut sorry to hear you're having to go through this. I hope that you get a good update from the Vet today and can breathe a little easier. thoughts will be with you and hoping for the best.
    also glad to hear that you got a buyer for the DS games at a resonable offer.

The Ex-Faceplate Goddess moltenluv's Avatar

Ok time for my daily kitty update. The vet ended up calling me around 8 p.m. yesterday and said that Mo was doing better and had eaten a little bit and was showing signs of improvement. They took him off the IV fluids/antibiotics and started him on oral medicine. I was told that as long as he continued to eat and kept it down he would be ready to come home today. At 11 a.m. this morning I get a phone call from the vet and I just knew it was gonna be bad news before they even started talking. Mo has stopped eating and is vomiting up green stuff again. Not good. They are gonna put him back on the IV. Tomorrow he is scheduled for an ultrasound just to check everything out and make sure they aren't overlooking something. The vet did more blood work and it came back normal. He said either they took him off the fluids too soon or he has pancreatitis and will need to take medicine for the rest of his life. If you want to know more about feline pancreatitis here is a link https://www.vetcentric.com/reference...ness&MODE=full This is the most expensive cat I have ever owned. He better not die!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moltenluv View Post
    Ok time for my daily kitty update. The vet ended up calling me around 8 p.m. yesterday and said that Mo was doing better and had eaten a little bit and was showing signs of improvement. They took him off the IV fluids/antibiotics and started him on oral medicine. I was told that as long as he continued to eat and kept it down he would be ready to come home today. At 11 a.m. this morning I get a phone call from the vet and I just knew it was gonna be bad news before they even started talking. Mo has stopped eating and is vomiting up green stuff again. Not good. They are gonna put him back on the IV. Tomorrow he is scheduled for an ultrasound just to check everything out and make sure they aren't overlooking something. The vet did more blood work and it came back normal. He said either they took him off the fluids too soon or he has pancreatitis and will need to take medicine for the rest of his life. If you want to know more about feline pancreatitis here is a link https://www.vetcentric.com/reference...ness&MODE=full This is the most expensive cat I have ever owned. He better not die!
    sorry to hear such horrible news Rae Rae it seems Mo is costing you lots of mo ney anyways my first cat had only one kidney and needed iv fluid every day for her life, it was a horrible life to have but we loved it so much i was heartbroken and deeply saddened when she died it was my first experience with death and i had never lived without her since she was older than me, i can only pray that mo does better than my Penny

he's a really cute cat, i really hope that everything works out and he gets better!!!!

heyyy molten... if there is anyway i can help... like with payment, or selling some of my plates for ur kitty kattt i will.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

my collection so far..
    three E305 plates,and one singed by j. allard
    2 of graw 1 and 2,bioshock boxed set,toy r que thing boxed set,dead rising (thanks jak)
    2 of splinter cell,lost planet,UK launch team.,2 of halo 3 Singapore.,I made this AKA Us launch team,Call of duty 4,blue dragon boxed set!,mad cats graffiti train,PROTAGS,URBAN,test drive,zero hour,fear,COD2
    and others like, carbon, viva pinata, halo, halo 3, the white one yes i do love that one, my black elite one, yay

my ebay account is... raven9091
    my aim is... warddo120 (i am on a good amount if you need to contact me)
    my email is... Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ChRoNiK120 View Post
    heyyy molten... if there is anyway i can help... like with payment, or selling some of my plates for ur kitty kattt i will.
    Aww thanks for the offer but don't go selling off your plates for my kitty. I have my own to sell if need be.

I just wanna thank you all for your kindness. You all have been more supportive than the people I know in real life which is kinda sad. It really irks me that when they need help I bend over backwards to do what I can but the ONE time I need help nobody is willing to help me. Amazing how that happens.

Anyway I haven't heard anything yet today. I am waiting to call because I know today is Mo's ultrasound but I don't what time it is scheduled for. I figure if I wait and call around 3 they should hopefully have the results and be able to tell me some usefull information other than we don't know.

Ok the vet finally called. The ultrasound didn't really show too much. There are no cysts or tumors or foreign objects lodged anywhere or any other abnormalities other than the fact that the little bit of food Mo did eat on Sunday is still undigested in his stomach. I dunno what that means other than the fact that they said it is strange that he still has food in his stomach after not eating since Sunday and in spite of his recent vomiting. The vet that is currently in charge of Mo was off today but will be back in tomorrow. Hopefully he will give me more info than this. I am a little freaked out that his food hasn't digested after all this time.

So since it looks like he isn't coming home anytime soon I am selling more of my stuff. I added to the thread I started over in the Trading Post section. I am now selling all my PSP, GBA, GBC, Wii, Gamecube, Original Xbox, and PC games that I own. I have also taken inventory on my PS1/PS2 games. I honestly don't know what I will sell first, those games or my faceplates. More than likely the games. I no longer own a PS2 or a PS3 so they have been just sitting around collecting dust. I normally would just list it all on eBay but I am trying to avoid paying more fees than I need too besides I figure I would give you guys first grabs if there is anything you want.
    Last edited by moltenluv; 06-03-2008 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moltenluv View Post
    Ok the vet finally called. The ultrasound didn't really show too much.

Have you considered a cat scan?
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Have they checked your kitties spine?You were saying on your post that he's not eating all that well,and the undigested food comment made me think about a friends cat.He had done something to his spine,and was causing havok on his system and the vets couldn't figure it out,till they took an x-ray and saw his spine was messed up.Just a thought,I don't think x-rays for stomach problems are all that common and its why spinal problems are often overlooked till it's too late.

And after reading Spacey's post,yeah,it could be something really simple like a kitty concussion.My cat got one and she couldn't walk straight and had horrible poops,which she'd get all over her cause she couldn't hold herself up.All that,and it was a simple concussion that they gave her a shot for and it was less than $200 spent at the vet.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    Spacey no...... no no no . Bad Spacey. Bad! You are being PUNished. Go to my room!

And RaeRae I really hope your kitty is okay, and I apologize for the momentary derail but it was a really really really bad pun and couldn't go unscolded.

Quote Originally Posted by falldowndrunk View Post
    Have they checked your kitties spine?You were saying on your post that he's not eating all that well,and the undigested food comment made me think about a friends cat.He had done something to his spine,and was causing havok on his system and the vets couldn't figure it out,till they took an x-ray and saw his spine was messed up.Just a thought,I don't think x-rays for stomach problems are all that common and its why spinal problems are often overlooked till it's too late.

And after reading Spacey's post,yeah,it could be something really simple like a kitty concussion.My cat got one and she couldn't walk straight and had horrible poops,which she'd get all over her cause she couldn't hold herself up.All that,and it was a simple concussion that they gave her a shot for and it was less than $200 spent at the vet.
    Actually an x-ray was the first thing they did. The vet thought that maybe he ate something he shouldn't have and did one to see if there was an object lodged somewhere. The x-ray came back normal as well.

oops sorry most have momentarily blanked a post.Well thats a good thing though,cause I didn't want to put that if something was really messed up with a kittys spine,they normally have to be put down.Didn't want to worry you anymore than you already are.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KatamariKutie View Post
    Spacey no...... no no no . Bad Spacey. Bad! You are being PUNished. Go to my room!

And RaeRae I really hope your kitty is okay, and I apologize for the momentary derail but it was a really really really bad pun and couldn't go unscolded.
    wow spacey thats something i would say but much much funnier oh and very very mean, what does katamari mean when she says "go to MY room" hmmmm might this have to do with that unspeakable topic from early this year that i refuse to speak of every again??

I don't know what to say about this. I do know what it's like to sacrifice for the animals in your house. I've spent crazy money on my Misha & Puqi at the vet and I've done the "Animal ER" at 4 grand. I hope that you don't appoach that G-Note atmosphere. Keep your head up and know I'm cheering for Mo to get better real soon.

Laters

Ali

Well here is today's lastest kitty medical update. Mo attempted to eat again yesterday however it once again made him vomit green bile and once again there was no food actually in the vomit. The vet is very confused by the fact that he isn't digesting his food. Poor Mo has all 3 vets there very confused. He isn't acting sick or in pain or anything. His fever is and has been gone, his blood work is normal, his x-ray was normal, and the only thing the ultrasound showed was the undigested food. I visited him today again and he was just his normal self. So now they are thinking he has Feline Inflammatory Bowel Disease (or IBD). Unfortunetly the only way to find out if that is why he is suffering from is to biopsy a peice of his intesting. Tomorrow morning he will be having exploratory surgery. They are gonna do the biopsy and look around to see if they can see anything going on with his stomach/intestings and figure out why the food is just kinda hanging out in his tummy. I don't understand how a cat can vomit that much and still have food in its stomach. So I did briefly see one of the vets while I was there and I asked if he has IBD will he be ok. All the vet said was that it is manageable but it is a pain in the ass. That really freaked me out. After spending all this money to try to figure out what is wrong with him I would really hate to have to put him down but at the same time I can't keep him alive just because I don't want him to die. That is selfish. Anyway I did an online search and found out that it is only a pain in the ass for the vet to treat. There are various medicines and diets but finding just the right one is trial and error and differs from cat to cat. This disease is completely manageable and once the vet pinpoints the right course of treatment the kitty will live a normal kitty life. Phew! I am relieved. It would have been nice if he had said that instead of making it sound all gloom and doom.

I am afraid of this vet bill. I know most people would have stopped a long time ago but I just can't put Mo to sleep if whatever he has can be regulated or corrected. As long as his quality of life is impacted and he isn't suffering or in pain I will do whatever I can. I would never forgive myself if I put him to sleep unnecesssarilly. I know that tomorrow they may find something really horrible which sucks and at that time I will accept that it is his time to go but there is that chance that they will figure out what is going on and I will get to take my kitty back home again. I am trying to stay positive but there is this part of me that feels like this might be really it this time. I was scared that today was my last day to see him so I kinda said my goodbyes again for like the 3rd time now. I really hope tomorrow is a ground breaking day and they figure this out.

Oh all my stuff will be listed on eBay within the next few days expept for my 360 games and faceplates. I am trying to hold out and save that stuff for last. My eBay id is moltenluv and if you know anybody that might be interested in buying some of what I am gonna be selling please let them know. Thanks everybody. I am off to go take pics of everything and hopefully get some stuff listed. I have a feeling I won't be sleeping tonight so I may as well make the most of my time right

Gald to hear he's a little better. Sucks you have to sell stuff. I hope everything goes well tomorrow. Best of luck.

Thread Information