Thread: Advice??

Talking Advice??

So I'm gong to do my first faceplate in graffiti sort of thing. I have a GOW 2 button pin that the sold at Blockbuster for a bit in Canada. Its about the size of the power button on the plate and im looking to attach it somehow to use it as a new power button. Im wondering what I can do to a) attach it to the faceplate and b) find something to push the little power button inside. Any suggestions?? If pics are needed just ask.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Thanks to Enamelized420 for the awesome signature!!!

A hundred years ago, I used to work at Radio Shack. I would try to buy all the crap that went on clearance when it got really cheap. I bought a couple of these little shelving things with the tiny plastic boxes in them and I just put it all in there. Over the years, I'm amazed at what little pieces of junk could come in handy.

When I have something that I want to use over the power button, I use these small radio knobs. They're smaller in diameter than the ring of light, and they stick out just past the level of the plate. I can glue something to it and it will still have room to press it in and activate the button. I use Goop because it's really strong and dries clear. I glue the knob to the button first, and then to the back of the... whatever it is, so I can get it centered.

Once I ran out of knobs, I bought a short piece of PVC pipe from Lowe's, and just cut pieces of it about a half inch long. I have to primer and paint them though, where the knobs were already either silver or black.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

That's going to help, but how to get the button to stay on the plate rather than having to insert it everytime i turn it on like a key... I'll prob lose it so ye lol. And I have an old radio antenna around here somewhere hehe. where ar my wire cutters?? :P
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by LeThAl REMiX View Post
    That's going to help, but how to get the button to stay on the plate rather than having to insert it everytime i turn it on like a key... I'll prob lose it so ye lol. And I have an old radio antenna around here somewhere hehe. where ar my wire cutters?? :P
    Hot glue.

lol that wont stretch that little bit to go in and push the button.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

no, glue the pin over the power button

Thread Information