Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution Faceplate Contest

Default Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution Faceplate Contest

Thanks to the community manager at the 2K Forums, we will be giving away a CivRev faceplate to one Faceplate Addict forum member.

Hopefully there will be MORE than one, and hopefully there will be additional prizes to go along with the faceplate, like a poster or t-shirt or something like that.

*******MAJOR EDIT**********
    Yeah, we're geting more than one. We're getting TEN CivRev faceplates AND lithographs. TEN prizes. TEN winners. Don't suck. Enter now.

******MAJOR EDIT #2*********
    I have the prizes in hand. There's good news and there's, well, it's not really bad news, it's just not good news. First the good news. I have ten faceplates right here in mint condition. The plates are numbered out of 2000, and the numbers are in the 230-250 range. Also good news, there are actually TWO lithograph posters instead of one: there's a Lincoln poster and a Napoleon poster. And the best good news, one of the Napoleon posters has been autographed by none other than Sid Meier himself! Now, the not-so-good news. Two of the ten Napoleon posters suffered a pretty major tear on one side, and a number of the other posters received minor damage either from a creased corner or side, or a small tear on one side (nothing like the other two posters though.) The worst of this news is that the signed one is one of those.

So here's how I'm going to handle this. When I email the winners that they have won, I will ask them if they're interested in the posters. The #1 winner will get the lowest numbered plate, the signed Napoleon poster and the best condition Lincoln poster. Anyone who isn't interested in a poster will not get them and that will make for better posters for the ones that DO want them. If I still end up with more people wanting posters than I have good posters, I will do my best to make sure that everyone gets at least one near-flawless poster (a Lincoln or a Napoleon.) The fortunate will get both. I will give up my posters for you guys.

Oh, and if you guys REALLY wanted to be nice to me, you could go back and edit your entry posts and mention whether you want the posters or not (#1 will get them regardless).

So here are the details of the contest. There are two things you have to do.

1) You have to take a test. I won't tell you the answers, but I'll tell you where you can FIND the answers. DO NOT post the answers in this thread. PM them to me. (I guess that means I better clean out my PM box, huh?)

2) Make a post in this thread that you sent me a PM. I will check my PM's, and if your answers are right, I will edit your post to say "CORRECT: ENTRY ACCEPTED". If it is NOT right, I'll post "INCORRECT: ENTRY DENIED. TRY AGAIN." You'll then get another chance to PM the right answers to me.

Our winner selection program will look at everyone who posts in this thread, so when I run the program to pick a winner (or winners if we get to do more than one), anyone who doesn't have "CORRECT: ENTRY ACCEPTED" by their name will be rejected and another winner will be chosen. Let's say some guy named "ChuckLOL101" posts "Sweet," in the thread, never sends me a PM and then gets picked as a winner. Chuck is a moron and didn't follow the rules, so he'll be rejected and I'll pick another winner.

If you PM the correct answers to me but don't post in the thread, the "winner picker" can't pick you, so make sure you do both parts of the contest, mmmkay? Otherwise, you're no smarter than Chuck.

Also, our "thank you" to the 2K Forums for giving us this prize for faceplate collectors is that we want you to check out their game and their forums. If you have the game, if you've played the game, if you've played the demo.... please share your impressions in this thread for other members to read. They also have other games represented in the forums, like Bioshock, so I know there's something of interest there for you. Please post to your hearts' content in this thread. It won't affect the contest.

OK, now to the test and again DO NOT post the answers in this thread. I will delete them and you could possibly compromise this giveaway. The way to improve your chances at winning is to be coo', don' be no foo'. PM the answers to me ONLY.

2K GAMES and SID MEIER'S CIVILIZATION REVOLUTION CONTEST

1) What are the names of the two historical leaders that could be played in the demo? (Xbox LIVE - download it and find out!)

2) How many civilizations are playable in the game?(www.civilizationrevolution.com)

3) Who developed the game? (www.civilizationrevolution.com)

4) What is the *EDIT** "North American" ** ESRB rating for the game? (Look anywhere that sells it or reviewed it.)

5) What is the name of the 2K Community Manager at the Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution official forums? (http://forums.2kgames.com).
    The contest starts NOW, and will run until 11:59 PM PDT August 17, 2008. Entries after that will be mocked.
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 08-11-2008 at 03:35 PM.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

I sent you a pm with the answers.

Good luck to all. I know there are a few hardcore fanboy's out there that just adore this game as much as I do. So with that I bid everyone good luck.

"CORRECT. ENTRY ACCEPTED."

I will take both if I am lucky enough but if I can only have one I would like a Lincoln one. Thanks!
    Last edited by Omen28; 08-11-2008 at 04:15 PM.

PM sent

Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 08-03-2008 at 11:26 PM.

Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    Xbox Enthusiast.
    (not a) Halo Pro.
    Casually Competitive.

I'm Hidden Content

PM Sent

Space, If drawn, I have no problems with the receiving the damaged posters.
    Last edited by BattleCruiser; 08-11-2008 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Responce to request in Post 1

PM Away!

I've actually spent a pretty good amount of time playing Civ: Rev. It's a lot of fun but sim games are hard to play on consoles - control issues are most of the problem.
    Since the 360 has achievements, it's an added incentive to replay the game as different civilizations and on different difficulties. The difficulties available also run the gamut of "so easy a monkey could win" to the very aptly named "Deity" since you really have to be a Civilization God to win.
    If you like sim games it's worth a play.

I'm cool with the damaged posters if I end up being one of the lucky few.
    Last edited by gameking28; 08-11-2008 at 11:26 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Boom-De-Adda

PM sent

"CORRECT: ENTRY ACCEPTED."
    Hidden Content wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="Hidden Content FlashVars="d=Suspendend+6+Times+From+XBL&gs=600">

Pm Sent.

Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 08-03-2008 at 11:52 PM.
    Pot is a plant,
    That grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.
    So all you fuckers that don't get high,
    Shut the fuck up and give it a try.

Pm sent, again.

**EDIT** Check your PMs. I accepted your entry in your first post. - SG2K
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 08-03-2008 at 11:53 PM.

Banned

nice follow up contest spacey your contacts are very generous also i would send you a pm but... i wouldnt know where to start. good luck to all and let a new and deserving person win for once.

EDIT: this is now an important stickied thread AWESOME

EDIT (in large letters) the private message you requested has been sent, if any problems occur please elaborate and message me, also have a fine day

"CORRECT. ENTRY ACCEPTED. GREATEST. ENTRY. EVAH." YUP. hey what happens if we post our entry pm here? would i get rejected or what?
    Last edited by JakofallAces; 08-06-2008 at 10:42 PM.

Well someone had to screw up first.
    New PM sent.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

PM sent. I positive I got it right.
    Thanks 2K, Spacey, and everyone who helped.
    Good luck to all.

"CORRECT. ENTRY ACCEPTED. BAD SPELLING OVERLOOKED. "

Edit: I would like posters if I win, only if I don't have to rob from you Spacey, you can have mine if you want.
    Last edited by wicked_d365; 08-11-2008 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gameking28 View Post
    Well someone had to screw up first.
    New PM sent.
    Actually, you screwed up second, but Omen got his correct answers in before you.

PM Sent

Damn rights I wants me some posters!
    Last edited by Variation-XBA; 08-12-2008 at 07:32 PM.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    Actually, you screwed up second, but Omen got his correct answers in before you.
    lol Well I feel a little better about it now. Maybe it has somethig to do with the fact that the number 28 is in both of our screen names?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by gameking28 View Post
    lol Well I feel a little better about it now. Maybe it has somethig to do with the fact that the number 28 is in both of our screen names?
    That has to be it, its the "28"!

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

pm sent man.

"INCORRECT. ENTRY DENIED. TRY AGAIN."
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 08-04-2008 at 06:13 PM.

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

Prize update edited into the first post. MUST. READ. NOW.

That's a pretty killer prize update! Way to go Spacey!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Wow, 10 now!? SWEEEEEET! Get the main one signed or something special Spacey!
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

PM sent. Good luck everyone! I'm excited to possibly get my first faceplate.

PS. If I win, I am not interested in a poster (unless it's 1st place).
    Last edited by Clintman; 08-17-2008 at 06:53 PM.

Thread Information