Thread: Xbox 360 Kiosk Discs

Default Xbox 360 Kiosk Discs

I have been collecting the Xbox 360 Kiosk discs for about 6 months now. I have been able to procure most of the discs from 5.5 to current 6.4. I know the earliest discs are extremely difficult to track down. In my experience they are all hard to find. I am hoping there are a few of you that have some to trade or sell. I am looking for anything below 5.5 to build my collection. I have several doubles to trade and/or sell, so please contact me if you have an interest in trading, buying or selling.

Default Sorry, I just realized this is for Faceplates only.

Wow, do I ever feel like a dummy and wish I could delete this thread. I'll make sure not to do it again in the future.

Umm for what reason?
    [CENTER]Hidden Content
    Thanks Donatello for the sig!

Becuase I want a complete set. Do you have any?

If you asked me 6 months ago, I probably would have had every single disc too
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

I might have a couple of original Xbox kiosk discs, but I was gone by the time the 360 rolled around.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Quote Originally Posted by Variation-XBA View Post
    If you asked me 6 months ago, I probably would have had every single disc too
    How did you ever track all of them down? Are you willing to share what you were buying/selling them for. I see one for sale on eBay for $75 and it seems a bit high. I have been buying the new ones from store employees for a lot less, but the old ones are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hunter View Post
    How did you ever track all of them down? Are you willing to share what you were buying/selling them for. I see one for sale on eBay for $75 and it seems a bit high. I have been buying the new ones from store employees for a lot less, but the old ones are long gone.
    I used to have stockpiles of them from work, I no longer work there, so I no longer have them.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Ok then. Anyone else?

Default Kiosk Control Module

Does anyone have experience with the Xbox 360 KIOSK control Module? I have an opportunity to buy one and I do want it, but I am a little hesitant. Right now I just use an old retail machine and it seems to work just fine with the kiosk discs. I'm wondering if the functionality the kiosk Control Module adds is I've read about is valuable or needed to access all the content on the discs. Any thoughts?

Wow, do I ever feel like a dummy and wish I could delete this thread. I'll make sure not to do it again in the future.
    Kinda meant to quote this one lol. Sorry about that. :P
    [CENTER]Hidden Content
    Thanks Donatello for the sig!

Does anyone have experience with the Xbox 360 KIOSK control Module? I have an opportunity to buy one and I do want it, but I am a little hesitant. Right now I just use an old retail machine and it seems to work just fine with the kiosk discs. I'm wondering if the functionality the kiosk Control Module adds is I've read about is valuable or needed to access all the content on the discs. Any thoughts?
    you mean the medusa small box with the switches? All that does is set specific time limits (if set) and will filter content on the disc based on what retailer it is set for.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Yes, I was referring to the small Medusa box, although I didn't know it was called a Medusa box. The information available on the Xbox 360 kiosk Control box was not entirely clear. Some of the materials I read made reference to the ability to unlock and control the distribution of exclusive content on the kiosk discs. I believe this feature was intended to encourage consumers to bring in memory cards to the kiosk to download avatar outfits, maps, in game content, etc. It reminds me of the way the DS Download station is used in retail locations. That said, I couldn't tell from reading if the Kiosk Control box was actually unlocks the material on the kiosk discs. In my experience any retail Xbox can load a kiosk disc and I thought all areas of the disc could be accessesed, but perhaps not. Does anyone have an Xbox 360 kiosk conntrol box? If so, can you tell me if it unlocks access to content that could not otherwise be accessed? Finally, any ideas as to value of these devices?

Yes, I was referring to the small Medusa box, although I didn't know it was called a Medusa box. The information available on the Xbox 360 kiosk Control box was not entirely clear. Some of the materials I read made reference to the ability to unlock and control the distribution of exclusive content on the kiosk discs. I believe this feature was intended to encourage consumers to bring in memory cards to the kiosk to download avatar outfits, maps, in game content, etc. It reminds me of the way the DS Download station is used in retail locations. That said, I couldn't tell from reading if the Kiosk Control box was actually unlocks the material on the kiosk discs. In my experience any retail Xbox can load a kiosk disc and I thought all areas of the disc could be accessesed, but perhaps not. Does anyone have an Xbox 360 kiosk conntrol box? If so, can you tell me if it unlocks access to content that could not otherwise be accessed? Finally, any ideas as to value of these devices?

i have a xbox 360 retail kiosk ;-) i can test for you ;-) but i dosent have any kiosk discs

Hey. I have xbox 360 retail kiosk disc 1.5, 1.6, 2.0, 3.1. For more details, hit me up if intererested.

How did you ever track all of Video Game Accessoires? Are you willing to share what you were xbox 360 accessories them for. I see one for sale on eBay for $75 and it seems a bit high. I have been buying the new ones from store wii controller for a lot less, but the old ones are long gone.

Is the xbox 360 slim compatible with the 20gb hard drive for the Xbox 360 pro?
    I received an Xbox 360 S with 4GB of memory of Christmas, but I want to increase the memory size. So, I am wondering if I would be able to use my detachable 20GB HDD that came with my original Xbox 360 (Xbox 360 Pro). If not, then is there anything else that I can do in order to increase the memory?

Quote Originally Posted by CytheriaHill View Post
    I received an Xbox 360 S with 4GB of memory of Christmas, but I want to increase the memory size. So, I am wondering if I would be able to use my detachable 20GB HDD that came with my original Xbox 360 (Xbox 360 Pro). If not, then is there anything else that I can do in order to increase the memory?
    No you can't use that hard drive, as they are completely different.

You can use simple USB sticks (up to 16GB each) and have 2 plugged in at once (for a total of 32GB whenever you need it).

That or buy the slim harddrive.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

a friend of mine had a 120 gb hdd from his old xbox and when he got a new slim he used the 120gb hdd from the old unit. granted it's not something that should b done, and it will instantly void any warranty and you run the risk of destroying your xbox, but it can be done.

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by CytheriaHill View Post
    No ma'am, the detachable 20gb is incompatible with the 360 S. You can, however, increase the memory size to a 250gb(? either 160 or 250) HDD for 130$ these HDD's are compatible with the 360 S and are inserted into the unit via a discrete door on the ends of the xbox that pops out revealing a space to insert said HDD.

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Thread Information