Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hellonearth159's Custom Collection

Hellon earth159

Quote Originally Posted by wasabisabi View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up so is imageware the program that is in spacey's website? Or do you need to do the picture in imageware first then upload it into spacey's site to print on the plate?
    You can upload your own designs.

Quote Originally Posted by wasabisabi View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up so is imageware the program that is in spacey's website? Or do you need to do the picture in imageware first then upload it into spacey's site to print on the plate?
    ImageWare is the parent site, and FaceplateAddict is the spinoff site. There is no reason to go to IW because FPA does it all (and it's my/our site).
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Hellon earth159

Added the following plates in the first post:
    http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86685
    40. Elder Scrolls Shivering Isles
    41. Afro Samurai
    42. Batman: Arkham Asylum
    43. Bee Movie
    44. Bolt
    45. Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
    46. Culdecept Saga
    47. Def Jam Icon
    48. EUFA 2006-2007
    49. Frontlines: Fuel of War
    50. Lost
    51. Need For Speed: Carbon
    52. PES 2008
    53. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End
    54. Rayman Raving Rabbids
    55. Rock Band: The Beatles
    56. Rock Star Presents: Table Tennis
    57. Spider Man 3
    58. Surf’s Up
    59. Tenchu Z
    60. The Darkness
    61. Tomb Raider: Anniversary
    62. Tomb Raider: Underworld
    63. Velvet Assassin

That Batman plate is SICK. Looks like you might still have a wash-out issue with the Need For Speed plate. Is it possible you're using a weird image format when you upload those? Just trying to troubleshoot.

I'm gonna pass that Batman image on to Eidos. They need to freakin' get on board.

Hellon earth159

Spacy,
    Sometimes I feel you and I are the only ones still interested in faceplates!

Well, I think there are people who want one, and then there are people with collections. The collectors are getting smaller and smaller because there hasn't been the support from the companies. My goal is to jump start interest in the companies, and from people who never thought of using faceplates to market their... whatever it is: tv show, movie, band, anime, soda, etc.

It's like hats. Some people have a hat and like it. Other people collect them. Once people starting putting ads on hats, the collectors market took off. Or t-shirts, or matchbooks, or whatever. Cool designs, hard to find brands, things with a nostalgic value will all be popular for a long time past their prime.

Also with the economy in the toilet, it's pretty hard to convince someone that a plate worth $800 is really worth $800. Ghost Rider has had three auctions that any collector of ANYTHING would be out of their mind to pass on, and all three auctions closed without bids: The THQ/Toy Story 3 console, the War of the Worlds faceplate, and the Andrew Stanton/PIXAR autographed WALL-E plates. On one hand, it's a sin those didn't sell. On the other hand, I didn't have the money to spend on them, so I can't really expect anyone else to have it, either. If I had it to spend, I would have spent the $2G's on those three auctions in a hummingbird's heartbeat. I might never get a Swedish Launch plate, but any one of those plates would be worth what the Swedish plate is worth.

I need to go sell more insurance while I'm waiting for the word to get out about the faceplate store, then maybe I can get one of those killer plates.

If you go look at my "wishlist" thread, there's that "Mr. A." Andre Putman plate that I wanted for forever, and then lost to a sniper. Well, the guy who won it is selling it again already, just like I hoped for in my post. I am checking kidney prices on eBay so I can be prepared to go balls-to-the-wall on that plate. You guys have NO idea how badly I want that plate.

The last two killer plates I got were the Alan Wake plate from E3, and I got a 2K Sports/Air Jordan plate at a reasonable cost. Still trying to get one of the Tekken 6 plates. I know there are a bunch out there so I'm not paying the current going price for one. I just either have to find out who has them, or bide my time.

I'll say this: If you're looking at faceplate collecting as an investment, there are probably wiser investment choices. But if you're looking at collecting because you're a fan of the games, and game related pop-art, then there honestly has never been anything like it. You, me, Gameking, wasabisabi, Chewy76, TomDeaf, Tacohead, Nato King, wsu, pierrevince and two or three others, are really the handful of people driving the entire collecting market.

Think about that. Name the Hot Wheel collectors. Name the Pez collectors. Name the Star Wars Figure collectors. The fact that we can actually list the major faceplate collectors like that when there are 30 million 360's out there doesn't mean we're collecting stuff nobody wants. It means that there's a huge amount of people who don't know about this yet, and when they do, it's gonna go crazy.

Hellon earth159

I'm frustrated that more people haven't started making thier own plates. Not to toot my own horn, but some of the custom printed plates I posted in this thread came out looking really sharp. If someone had posted pictures of 60 never before seen faceplates a year ago, there would have been a 100 replies and comments by now.
    I'm not looking for a pat on the back or anything...I was hoping to inspire others to try the service and post their own creations. Sure, not everyone is as crazy as me to make this many plates but I've gotta believe that everyone has at least one idea they've wanted to see on a plate. Now, they can finally do it at a reasonable price.
    Come on people...lets see what you can do!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hellonearth159 View Post
    I'm frustrated that more people haven't started making thier own plates. Not to toot my own horn, but some of the custom printed plates I posted in this thread came out looking really sharp. If someone had posted pictures of 60 never before seen faceplates a year ago, there would have been a 100 replies and comments by now.
    I'm not looking for a pat on the back or anything...I was hoping to inspire others to try the service and post their own creations. Sure, not everyone is as crazy as me to make this many plates but I've gotta believe that everyone has at least one idea they've wanted to see on a plate. Now, they can finally do it at a reasonable price.
    Come on people...lets see what you can do!!!
    I know Sean made a few, and I know there are some others at Teamxbox who have made one. I got a rough list after about a week, just to see if there was any interest, and there was. I will get an update monthly, so I don't want to ask the guy every week for a new list.

We're also still in talks with some people and we can't say more until stuff is done. There will be a couple more images available soon, and hopefully within a month, there will be some bands up there and that will get some people checking in.

Repo Man 360

I just got turned on to it and I love the idea. I am trying to figure out how to get my pics to fit horizonal. Also I had trouble finding community customs. I'm sure it's just me so no worries, but as soon as I figure it out i'm all over them!

I love the plates you've made 159! So much so that I'm probably going to steal an idea or two from you (I have to keep wiping the drool off the screen when I see your Batman plate)!

I have yet to actually complete and order a plate but that's because I suck terribly at Photoshop and my ideas far outreach my skills in design.

Rest assured that once I get the hang of things I'm going to be on an ordering frenzy.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

So have all of these plates been custom printed with the Faceplate Addict software? if so this is the kinda stuff that needs to be up on that store. There are 2 or 3 here i wold buy if they were available.
    Looking for Quake IV plate, knockoff or real.

Quote Originally Posted by racingfreak92 View Post
    So have all of these plates been custom printed with the Faceplate Addict software? if so this is the kinda stuff that needs to be up on that store. There are 2 or 3 here i wold buy if they were available.
    You can make plates like this for your own use, but we can't offer them for sale to the masses without the owner of those properties granting us permission, or letting us license the images.

Well some of you more talented designers should be throwing these images up for other people to print. Thats what Faceplate Addicts should be about
    Looking for Quake IV plate, knockoff or real.

Hellon earth159

Most of the images you see on faceplates here are readily availabile on the web.
    Just google the games and you'll find them.
    Last edited by hellonearth159; 08-15-2009 at 06:43 PM.

The Portal one looks awesome. Nice work, dude.

Awesome

I see: wow, that is very nice and cool for more new faceplates of hellonearth159 collectors.
    i like and wants buy all same faceplates. but very much expensive. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by tomdeafgermany View Post
    I see: wow, that is very nice and cool for more new faceplates of hellonearth159 collectors.
    i like and wants buy all same faceplates. but very much expensive. :-(
    There is a discount on making plates right now. $3 off per plate through October 1.

Repo Man 360

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    There is a discount on making plates right now. $3 off per plate through October 1.
    I must take advantage while there is still time!

Thumbs up

Sweet collection Hellonearth159, I love the Oblivion Faceplate, and the NFS: Shift one to.

Thread Information