Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Make your own professional faceplate

Hi Score,What's that mean Kiddingo's Avatar

I am working on one right now, but I don't want the image distorted when I upload it. What is the recommended image size for a 360 faceplate?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddingo View Post
    I am working on one right now, but I don't want the image distorted when I upload it. What is the recommended image size for a 360 faceplate?
    When I upload an image, I try to make sure it's at least 1200x400 pixels. At 100 dpi that's 12 inches x 4 inches, which will cover the plate and leave a little wiggle room around the edges.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Hi Score,What's that mean Kiddingo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    When I upload an image, I try to make sure it's at least 1200x400 pixels. At 100 dpi that's 12 inches x 4 inches, which will cover the plate and leave a little wiggle room around the edges.
    Perfect, thanks!

You'll be a jail!

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post

Games are copyrighted materials. The disclaimer above states that Subcostume will NOT violate copyrights and print copyrighted materials.
    So this means if I want to make a one-off plate through the faceplate designer of the Legend of Spyro games, I can't? Sorry if it's a bit of a stupid question, but I'd rather take my chance than not do it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Murn View Post
    So this means if I want to make a one-off plate through the faceplate designer of the Legend of Spyro games, I can't? Sorry if it's a bit of a stupid question, but I'd rather take my chance than not do it at all.
    You can make a Spyro plate for your personal use. You can't make one and then sell it.

I'm brand new here so I apologize if this is a repeat question, but I'm having trouble with the faceplate designer.

I click on the IMAGES button and nothing happens. I read this thread and it says it should open a window on my computer so I can choose an image, but that is not happening.

I am using a PC with Internet Explorer.

Any idea what the problem is?

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by moshua View Post
    I'm brand new here so I apologize if this is a repeat question, but I'm having trouble with the faceplate designer.

I click on the IMAGES button and nothing happens. I read this thread and it says it should open a window on my computer so I can choose an image, but that is not happening.

I am using a PC with Internet Explorer.

Any idea what the problem is?

thank you
    I went to check it out with Firefox and it's doing the same thing to me. They might be working on the site. They're either in the Norway or the Hong Kong time zones, so even at weird hours, they work on stuff. I sent an email and should get an answer tomorrow, and I'll let you know.

Issue has been fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

Default Awesome

Im surprised I haven't heard of this before.I have already designed and purchased 1 faceplate.Im looking forward to seeing it.Thanks for this.

Now to design some custom skins, to match my faceplate

Quote Originally Posted by deecee View Post
    Im surprised I haven't heard of this before.I have already designed and purchased 1 faceplate.Im looking forward to seeing it.Thanks for this.

Now to design some custom skins, to match my faceplate
    We're experimenting with controllers now, too. Here's all of the details I can share. This was an experiment with actually printing directly onto a controller (that had been gutted - it was just the shell). The experimental run was satisfactory and a purchase order is being finalized. The key point here is that the customer provided actual controller pieces. The printing company was not the one providing the pieces, like they do with the faceplates. This is not likely to be something they will do as a one-off, but it may be something that can be done 10 at a time or something, IF the customer supplies the hardware.

The problem I have with this is that it encourages people to open hardware, which is a no-no as far as I'm concerned.

There are also a lot of restrictions because the controller housing varies so greatly in x-y-z dimensions. x-y is fine. x-y-z is like trying to wrap a flat piece of paper around a basketball. Where the image meets the edge will vary a lot, and getting a continuous image from the front of the controller to the back is a logistical impossibility (not improbable, just unfeasible). Images would have to be front only, or something like a non-repeating pattern like camouflage, animal print, etc.

Thread Information