Thread: Gonna make a custom faceplate for my friend :D !!!

Default Gonna make a custom faceplate for my friend :D !!!

Man I'm very excited to make a faceplate for my friend. And I was wondering which of the following designs for whichever game(s) or movie(s) would be easiet for a noob. He's gonna narrow down what he'd like to see tomorrow so my edit will have a poll on which can be the easiest for a new faceplate customizer. Should've waited 'til tomorrow but I got excited to spread the news :P
    Last edited by coolbeans; 08-28-2009 at 11:14 PM.

How "easy" one will be will depend on what skills you have, and what materials you have to work with. "Portal" would probably be the easiest, because it doesn't take much skill to draw a Companion Cube. Gears of War is easy because the cog logo is so simple. Halo logos are simple, like badges or achievement logos or get the font online. Star Wars imperial logo or rebel logo could be made by hand.

You don't have to go with an obvious style. Take a plate and paint a brown/white streak from end to end like a bone. Take some brownish red paint and paint flesh on it, but leave half of the bone showing. Paint it in streaks like muscle, but blotted like torn muscle. Then paint a dark green black over it like skin, and make the plate look like the forearm of the hand on the front of Left 4 Dead.

It's not as much about making a great paint job as it is being creative. A little creativity will offset a lack of talent.

Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 08-29-2009 at 04:39 PM.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Alright cool, hopefully it all goes well. I lol'd at the last sentence and smiley right after, I'll need a lot of creativity in my case :P.

Quote Originally Posted by coolbeans View Post
    Alright cool, hopefully it all goes well. I lol'd at the last sentence and smiley right after, I'll need a lot of creativity in my case :P.
    I promise you, I got where I am on creativity, not talent. :P
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Yeh I can only agree with space, my first plate was just a kind of tribal flame thing done with a sharpee on the OEM faceplate.
    My second which got sold in a shop yeh, was two simple swirls blue and pink and when the paint was wet i put blue and pink glitter on them, let it dry and plasticoated it, sold for £25.

Everybody has an artistic side, just because you cant paint the mona lisa doesnt mean you shouldnt try.
    If you want something to look as similar to a game/movie logo, just print it out and make a stencil, practice on any plasticy stuff you can find,
    I was blessed by spacey getting me some primered faceplates which i could pencil in my designs and if i didnt like it i could rub it out and do it again.

I would love to see what you come up with.

OhsayOne's Xbox - Jul 9 2009

When someone makes a mistake there is typically some kind of gift involved... Maybe I can get a new faceplate out of the missed day of gaming yesterday... It is totally like OhsayOne to do something like that.
    Aww my Xbox knows me so well.

7 out of 39,809. mmm.

Thread Information